Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Hialeah Park

Default Possible Play Backs

Watching replays of Gulfstream’s races since beginning of March, I feel as if this could yield some nice betting opportunities in the future when these horses run back.

3-1-19 Race 1

The 4, Britesideoftheroad, was loaded in the stretch, and was the unfortunate recipient of some late bumper car action when he tried to slip through the rail. The other day could’ve been the time to have her (12-1), but this one is certainly worth a long look of they keep her at the 20k claiming level for 3 yr olds.

https://youtu.be/I9W3fWv6Mbo
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-03-2019, 07:50 PM
Hialeah Park

Not trip related but MAN, in race 4 on March 1st, the 6 Starship Taxi sure looked to hit the wire before the 1, Sky Point, but the photo (i’ll Be looking it up shortly) goes to the 1. The 1 that was SOMEHOW only 6-1. Horse looked 20-1+ on paper.

And NO, I won’t beat this drum like Bama does the Songbird photo LMAO
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Not trip related but MAN, in race 4 on March 1st, the 6 Starship Taxi sure looked to hit the wire before the 1, Sky Point, but the photo (i’ll Be looking it up shortly) goes to the 1. The 1 that was SOMEHOW only 6-1. Horse looked 20-1+ on paper.

And NO, I won’t beat this drum like Bama does the Songbird photo LMAO
I’ll have to take another look. I hit 3 of 4 on the early Pick 4 and the one race I lost was that one (I had the 6), but I remember it looking like the 1 nosed him. Is there somewhere you can see the actual photo of the finish?
Old 03-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Watching replays of Gulfstream’s races since beginning of March, I feel as if this could yield some nice betting opportunities in the future when these horses run back.

3-1-19 Race 1

The 4, Britesideoftheroad, was loaded in the stretch, and was the unfortunate recipient of some late bumper car action when he tried to slip through the rail. The other day could’ve been the time to have her (12-1), but this one is certainly worth a long look of they keep her at the 20k claiming level for 3 yr olds.

I used that horse in a contest, the problem is we're not getting 14-1 next time. I thought the 1 was going to get dq'd
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I’ll have to take another look. I hit 3 of 4 on the early Pick 4 and the one race I lost was that one (I had the 6), but I remember it looking like the 1 nosed him. Is there somewhere you can see the actual photo of the finish?
Unless I’m a complete dolt (highly possible), I couldn’t find the photo finishes portion on their website. Found everything BUT that ha.

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I used that horse in a contest, the problem is we're not getting 14-1 next time. I thought the 1 was going to get dq'd
Yea, we can kiss double digit odds goodbye for SURE. Hell, probably won’t even pay $10 next out if she wins.

Tonight once I put my daughter to bed I’m going to jump back into watching replays. I WILL give Gulfstream props for that, their YouTube channel is great for replays. Not NYRA good, but helpful nonetheless.

Good luck this week and beyond, herk!

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Yea, we can kiss double digit odds goodbye for SURE. Hell, probably won’t even pay $10 next out if she wins.

Tonight once I put my daughter to bed I’m going to jump back into watching replays. I WILL give Gulfstream props for that, their YouTube channel is great for replays. Not NYRA good, but helpful nonetheless.

Good luck this week and beyond, herk!
I wish every track had replays available.

Gulfstream’s site has a link for photo finishes. But the link is dead.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Keeneland

Hy Riverside in the 10th at Gulfstream yesterday. Looked to be following the eventual winner as they headed into the turn. Got stuck behind tiring pacesetter and lost all momentum while making his move. Shuffled back to last, then circled the field and put in a decent late run to get 5th beaten a few lengths.

Was his first start in 8 months and considering the trouble I thought he ran well. Will see where he ends up next.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:05 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

3-1-19 Race 1

This horse won a week ago today once they spotted her back in the claiming ranks after two tries in Starter Optional Claiming races. Popped at 12-1 with Edgar Prado aboard.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...19&cy=USA&rn=9

- Nathan Israel
Old 05-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Havre de Grace

Why didn’t you post it a week ago, genius ?
Old 05-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Why didn’t you post it a week ago, genius ?
Because I just checked this thread bc Da Hoss posted in it a few days ago, so i went back to check on the original horse I posted about.

I've admittedly fell off the horse racing map for a while. Didnt play much at all leading up to Derby. Took my Oaks winnings, lost some of it back on Derby day, and walked a slight winner after donation.

I'll be sure to be back firing away for Belmont Day card!

- Nathan Israel
Old 05-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Havre de Grace

On Saturday in the 6th race look for The one hoss to make amends with Santana back aboard after Leparoux debacle last time.

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 05-18-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Sat late pick 5

Ends on the Preakness .Free square to start with the Wesley Ward 6 hoss who will be even to a stick.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:09 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Ends on the Preakness .Free square to start with the Wesley Ward 6 hoss who will be even to a stick.
Any chance you can leave this thread to trip horses/play backs?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:15 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Any chance you can leave this thread to trip horses/play backs?
Sorry I thought since it was a free square, it would be prudent to post in a thread started by the all knowing and powerful Dahoss. Jo Jo Air can’t lose.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Sorry I thought since it was a free square, it would be prudent to post in a thread started by the all knowing and powerful Dahoss. Jo Jo Air can’t lose.
I didn’t start the thread. But who wants to read your nonsense (anywhere really) in a thread about trips/playbacks?

You’re welcome for Everlasting Secret by the way.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:33 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I didn’t start the thread. But who wants to read your nonsense (anywhere really) in a thread about trips/playbacks?

You’re welcome for Everlasting Secret by the way.
Never saw that you liked him too till last night.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Never saw that you liked him too till last night.
LOL yeah okay.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Havre de Grace

Woulda bet more if I knew you liked him obviously.....
Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote: