Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Fairgrounds

another thing that you guys will think is nonsensical, but definitely sways this argument: I think if it were just Mucho Macho Man in the Big Cap, without Will Take Charge, my argument would hold more weight with you guys whether yo wanna admit it or not.

Since we're getting a matchup of 3 top horses plus some other fairly able ones at a weight break, you're arguing for the sake of the matchup as much as him staying in the US.
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmayjr View Post
why?
http://youtu.be/N9Q-JlJJRSA

This is statement is trolling. I'm not.

Nick,

The Wise Dan analogy is a little strong. What I'm getting at, is you've already proven what you can do. Branch out. Expand. Take a risk. Try. I won't rip on the connections for failing if they try. A perfect example is African Story who is running tomorrow in Dubai. Last year, at a mile over synth he won everything. There was a synth mile race on Dubai World Cup race that he probably would've won with ease. But his connections decided to try the Dubai World Cup at a longer distance against some random American horse named Animal Kingdom. Didn't work out too well. But I give his connections credit for trying.

So horses can ship in from all other points in the world to Dubai, and they sometimes handle it, sometimes don't. But at least they're sporting about it. I'm not just talking about Europeans that have nowhere else to go during the winter. I'm saying South American, Australian, Asia, etc.
Sorry, the African Story analogy misses the mark too. He is stabled in Dubai and his connections simply opted for a tougher race. It's not like was sent here for the Met Mile in lieu of running in another Godolphin Mile and/or Dubai World Cup. Mucho Macho Man has only won two Grade Is in his career. While he is clearly a ready-made stallion already, adding to his resume with prestigious and time-honored races like the Big Cap is always the best move.

At risk of being chastised by Pat Cummings, other than money for the owners, why would American racing fans want our horses to go to Dubai? The rest of the world is still going to look down their noses at our drug-ridden cripples, even if we somehow find a way to sweep the card. The races are run over a surface that has no history or tradition in our racing, and the impact from a breeding perspective is negligible.

As people in this thread have posted already, we've been dying for matchups like this to occur outside of the BC, and we're finally getting it. That's clearly a good thing.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Goodwood

Breaking news.

Mucho Macho Man is a late scratch from the Big Cap. Word is they are going to run him in the San Simeon, because they want to improve his stud value by appealing to turf sprinter pedigrees.

When asked, a source close to the horse, who wished to remain anonymous, said that winning the Big Cap would prove nothing, so to extend his appeal to more potential breeders, a decision was made to race him in something outside his comfort zone.

After long consideration, the first plan, to win the Beads & Bangles Stakes at Fairplex Park, was dropped when his connections learned that he would not be eligible for the race.

"This seemed like the next most logical spot for him to increase his stud value," said the source, speaking of the San Simeon, a race normally run at 6.5 furlongs down the hillside course at Santa Anita.

"We also gave brief consideration to going to Dubai for the Golden Shaheen, but when support for this idea came pouring in from a crazed fan from the Internet, we knew we had to do right by the horse and stay at home."
Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
This is statement is trolling. I'm not.
No, just pointing out how intentionally ridiculous you're being. I dunno what happened to you -- you used to be a decent poster -- but you're turning yourself into a worse troll than PG1985 in his prime. Chill out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
Breaking news.

Mucho Macho Man is a late scratch from the Big Cap. Word is they are going to run him in the San Simeon, because they want to improve his stud value by appealing to turf sprinter pedigrees.

When asked, a source close to the horse, who wished to remain anonymous, said that winning the Big Cap would prove nothing, so to extend his appeal to more potential breeders, a decision was made to race him in something outside his comfort zone.

After long consideration, the first plan, to win the Beads & Bangles Stakes at Fairplex Park, was dropped when his connections learned that he would not be eligible for the race.

"This seemed like the next most logical spot for him to increase his stud value," said the source, speaking of the San Simeon, a race normally run at 6.5 furlongs down the hillside course at Santa Anita.

"We also gave brief consideration to going to Dubai for the Golden Shaheen, but when support for this idea came pouring in from a crazed fan from the Internet, we knew we had to do right by the horse and stay at home."
Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
No, just pointing out how intentionally ridiculous you're being. I dunno what happened to you -- you used to be a decent poster -- but you're turning yourself into a worse troll than PG1985 in his prime. Chill out.
Actually, he used to be dreadful, but in an innocent type of way. Then he seemed to have smartened up.

Now?

Did you notice he called you Nick earlier?

He seems confused, literally.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Goodwood

The more I think about it, the more I think Pmay is right.

Why would his new owner even consider running his prized horse at his own racetrack?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Fairgrounds

c'mon man... because I have alternate views on synthetic and Dubai I'm all of a sudden a crud poster? I'm at least trying to give reasons why... whether they're falling on deaf ears or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Breaking news.

Tehehehehe I laughed. 1 1/4 miles on synthetic for way more $$$ isn't asking a horse to go over turf or decide to sprint for the sake of sprinting. Straight up. Lemme know right now: If they decide to do something like ship to the Met Mile next, are you guys gonna support it? He'd moving out of his comfort zone to do so...

Adena Springs has a pretty major influence in Canada with Milwaukee Brew being a Ontario-Based sire. Say Mucho Macho Man were to run in Dubai and do well over that surface- his value for Canadian Breeding where synth plays as big, if not a bigger role in their overall racing would be high. Just saying the possibilities that come with a good result there, beyond his dirt successes already, add to his value down the road.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Actually, he used to be dreadful, but in an innocent type of way. Then he seemed to have smartened up.

Now?

Did you notice he called you Nick earlier?

He seems confused, literally.
No... Nick Tammaro responded to my post and I was responding to him.

- when I did post dumb stuff I allowed myself to be corrected. For better or worse (I know... worse), when have you ever seen me be this adamant (beside arguing for synthetic surfaces still having a relevant place in racing)? I can usually be talked off a ledge lol. I'm holding firm on this.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Fairgrounds

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse...-wise-dan.aspx

Haskin wrote a great article yesterday about Wise Dan. I can apply a lot of those same arguments to MMM
Old 03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse...-wise-dan.aspx

Haskin wrote a great article yesterday about Wise Dan. I can apply a lot of those same arguments to MMM
That article was beyond saving when he discussed great singers on American Idol. The rest of the article was just as nonsensical.

Just as you are being nonsensical with a hopelessly bad idea.

So yeah, you can indeed apply a lot of the same ideas.

I can also hop on one foot until I grow hair.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Fairgrounds

I was really hoping you had the same hair as the dude from the IT Crowd. I ready all of your posts in his voice lol
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Havre de Grace

with all the rain they've had out there, this might be the one chance you get to beat him.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Once again, he already has the biggest win he'll ever have over the SA surface. Last I checked, Keeneland, Arlington, Woodbine, GG, Ocala and some international tracks still use synthetic. If he does well over a synthetic surface, you could start thinking more internationally with the horse's stud potential than just as a son of Macho Uno that can only throw dirt winners.

You don't know unless you try...
this tells me you're nuts.
this country wants dirt runners. i don't know why you think this horse's owners give a rats behind about turf or synthetic, now or at stud.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
another thing that you guys will think is nonsensical, but definitely sways this argument: I think if it were just Mucho Macho Man in the Big Cap, without Will Take Charge, my argument would hold more weight with you guys whether yo wanna admit it or not.

Since we're getting a matchup of 3 top horses plus some other fairly able ones at a weight break, you're arguing for the sake of the matchup as much as him staying in the US.
nope. it doesn't sway any argument, regardless of what you think others will admit. or not. and you listed synthetic tracks, that list is getting shorter, isn't it? yep.
and for a reason.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Sorry, the African Story analogy misses the mark too. He is stabled in Dubai and his connections simply opted for a tougher race. It's not like was sent here for the Met Mile in lieu of running in another Godolphin Mile and/or Dubai World Cup. Mucho Macho Man has only won two Grade Is in his career. While he is clearly a ready-made stallion already, adding to his resume with prestigious and time-honored races like the Big Cap is always the best move.

At risk of being chastised by Pat Cummings, other than money for the owners, why would American racing fans want our horses to go to Dubai? The rest of the world is still going to look down their noses at our drug-ridden cripples, even if we somehow find a way to sweep the card. The races are run over a surface that has no history or tradition in our racing, and the impact from a breeding perspective is negligible.

As people in this thread have posted already, we've been dying for matchups like this to occur outside of the BC, and we're finally getting it. That's clearly a good thing.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
I was really hoping you had the same hair as the dude from the IT Crowd. I ready all of your posts in his voice lol
I'll start hopping on one foot while I breathe helium.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
The Curragh

Didn't see anything about the Las Flores Stakes (G3) on Sunday at Santa Anita. Small field, thought it was interesting Ward is shipping Judy the Beauty from Gulfstream for her 2014 debut. She's been training well there and the Inside Information is in two weeks, but she's never raced there before so who knows.
As a fan of hers it's nice to see Johnny V make the trip out West to ride her again.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Havre de Grace

hey boss are you posting Santa Anita selections tomorrow ?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Oriental Park

Maybe the best single card I have seen at the winter SA meet, tremendous.

San Carlos especially seems like a great race.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Fairgrounds

I think the question with the San Carlos- is Big Macher lone speed? If you think so, you're playing with fire leaving him off your tix