Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
He is talented, but at 2-1 or 5-2 he can beat me, and Ill keep it moving if he does. Im not gonna try to crush 50$ pick 3's to Moe. If I put myself in position w/ a price and something decent to Moe and huge to my 2 b's Ill be happy pre race.
Isn't the goal to be happy post race?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
He is talented, but at 2-1 or 5-2 he can beat me, and Ill keep it moving if he does. Im not gonna try to crush 50$ pick 3's to Moe. If I put myself in position w/ a price and something decent to Moe and huge to my 2 b's Ill be happy pre race.
I don't agree w/ your tossing of B@T, but I agree with your general line of thinking here. . .
Old 11-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315 View Post
I don't agree w/ your tossing of B@T, but I agree with your general line of thinking here. . .
If I think Uncle Moe is much better, why would I use both when the prices might be similar? I think Stay Thirsty has a shot, a lot of other dont. He will be 10-1 or close to it. Id rather use him. He stumbled, was gunned ot the top and ran OK vs B@T who pulled a dream trip.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
If you hit 1,2 of these pick 3's your getting paid. Especially if your going to bet the way Im going to.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
If I think Uncle Moe is much better, why would I use both when the prices might be similar? I think Stay Thirsty has a shot, a lot of other dont. He will be 10-1 or close to it. Id rather use him. He stumbled, was gunned ot the top and ran OK vs B@T who pulled a dream trip.
Stay Thirsty is slow.

Jaycito was given a terrible ride last time and still won impressively. He's very dangerous.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Stay Thirsty is slow.

Jaycito was given a terrible ride last time and still won impressively. He's very dangerous.
I guess, but I think he is slow. Stay Thirsty cant improve? Is it that plain and simple?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
I guess, but I think he is slow. Stay Thirsty cant improve? Is it that plain and simple?
Any 2yo can improve, but has he improved at all in the first three starts? He's run close to the same race each time, and that race isn't good enough.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
unless you're Randall and don't have to worry about that. He's always happy.

Tossing Boys at Tosconova and Jaycito in favor of Stay Thirsty is lunacy.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
unless you're Randall and don't have to worry about that. He's always happy.

Tossing Boys at Tosconova and Jaycito in favor of Stay Thirsty is lunacy.

Thats about the same opinion as everyone else.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
OK, Copernicus, there's a reason for that.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Like I said, I disagree with you in this specific case, but I love what you're saying. You may be turning a corner.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Like I said, I disagree with you in this specific case, but I love what you're saying. You may be turning a corner.
He'll turn the other three within the hour.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Flemington

Quote:
OK, Copernicus, there's a reason for that.
I appreciate this, finally the respect I deserve.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
I appreciate this, finally the respect I deserve.
Haha.... I think Mo has an excellent chance, but you're love of Stay Thirsty and your disdain for Boys of Tosconova has nothing to do with the distance, pace scenerio or any other legitimate race dynamics of the BC Juvy, which is my problem with your opinion.

It's all based on you being a "superfan" of Stay Thirsty and thinking he's going to develop into a superhorse. And, that you wanted to beat BOT in the Hopeful, and lost. So now you want to try to beat him again, and get your money back.

That's not a smart way to handicap and bet in my opinion, but good luck.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush View Post
Haha.... I think Mo has an excellent chance, but you're love of Stay Thirsty and your disdain for Boys of Tosconova has nothing to do with the distance, pace scenerio or any other legitimate race dynamics of the BC Juvy, which is my problem with your opinion.

It's all based on you being a "superfan" of Stay Thirsty and thinking he's going to develop into a superhorse. And, that you wanted to beat BOT in the Hopeful, and lost. So now you want to try to beat him again, and get your money back.

That's not a smart way to handicap and bet in my opinion, but good luck.

I think UM is far and away the most likely winner. B@T had a dream trip last out, it has nothing to do with my love for Stay Thirsty. I feel he ran good enough, and yes I do think he should improve.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I think UM is far and away the most likely winner. B@T had a dream trip last out, it has nothing to do with my love for Stay Thirsty. I feel he ran good enough, and yes I do think he should improve.
What circumstances are going to lead to a Stay Thirsty victory?

Is he going to go to the front, get the lead and stay? Doubtful with JP's Gusto and his own stablemate in the field.

Is he going to rate and finish? He had dead aim in his debut and didn't pass the eventual winner. Wishcasting that he is suddenly going to be able to rate is a horrible idea.

The respective trips of Stay Thirsty and Boys at Tosconova in the Hopeful are not enough to bridge the gap between the two. Boys at Tosconova is a much better horse right now and I don't see how you could use Stay Thirsty over him.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
What circumstances are going to lead to a Stay Thirsty victory?

Is he going to go to the front, get the lead and stay? Doubtful with JP's Gusto and his own stablemate in the field.

Is he going to rate and finish? He had dead aim in his debut and didn't pass the eventual winner. Wishcasting that he is suddenly going to be able to rate is a horrible idea.

The respective trips of Stay Thirsty and Boys at Tosconova in the Hopeful are not enough to bridge the gap between the two. Boys at Tosconova is a much better horse right now and I don't see how you could use Stay Thirsty over him.
Rate. THe horse he could not pass in his debut is a freak, who was cranked up.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 AM

My only slight concern with Boys at Tosconova is his ability to go two turns. Officer is a strict sprint influence, but there appears to be distance on the damside and he was super professional in the 7-furlong Hopeful off of just two 5-furlong races.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I'll preface this comment by saying that I'm not enamored with Stay Thirsty in this spot. I thought the Iroquios/KY Jockey Club route would have been perfect for him.

However, if one were forced to make a case for him vis-a-vis Boys at Tosconova, in a race likely to feature a legit pace, Stay Thirsty's conformation and pedigree might provide a basis to think he could turn the tables in a two-turn 8.5F race where BAT has not run in nearly ten weeks. I can't imagine that Stay Thirsty will be up on the pace with his more celebrated stablemate (Uncle Mo) already there, and he's actually one of the few horses in the race that has a "classic"-type pedigree.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
My only slight concern with Boys at Tosconova is his ability to go two turns. Officer is a strict sprint influence, but there appears to be distance on the damside and he was super professional in the 7-furlong Hopeful off of just two 5-furlong races.
While his dam won the majority of her $$ going long, there's not a lot of distance in that female family.