Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Hialeah Park

Default BC Wagering Boycott

While I'd love to say I won't bet any BC races I know that will never happen so what do people think of this as a more reasonable alternative. What if we all just refused to place any single race wagers on the non-traditional BC races until they restore the traditional ones to Saturday and place a halt on adding any new races? Could that work? You'd still have your normal 8 races to bet plus any multi-race wagers. Thoughts? Is this a pipe dream?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

no you yourself said you could not stop wagering..if every person on a horse internet board didnt wager on 1 race it would do nothing..
Old 02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Saratoga

Careful with the word boycott, when the ADW stuff went down, PaceAdvantage didn't allow the word boycott becuase the forum could be on the hook legally I guess
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Coach Pants

Yeah Pace Advantage changed the game with that boycott.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
no you yourself said you could not stop wagering..if every person on a horse internet board didnt wager on 1 race it would do nothing..
It would have to spread to work but it would be more like 6 races, and 6 races on a BC program where they are taking in a large amount of handle. I think that not wagering at all would be a bad idea. I think we need to show we are willing to support the event by wagering on the traditional races but are not in favor of the additional races and would like the event restored.

If we bet the new ones that we object to then we are just being exactly what they think we are, a bunch of stupid horseplayers that will bet on anything they shove down our throats.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Wasn't theirs like one weekday at Turf Paradise? And had no meat to it since they didn't threaten to continue to do it until things changed?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
It would have to spread to work but it would be more like 6 races, and 6 races on a BC program where they are taking in a large amount of handle. I think that not wagering at all would be a bad idea. I think we need to show we are willing to support the event by wagering on the traditional races but are not in favor of the additional races and would like the event restored.

If we bet the new ones that we object to then we are just being exactly what they think we are, a bunch of stupid horseplayers that will bet on anything they shove down our throats.
Wouldn't these races be involved in pick 3's 4's and 6's? Would you boycott multi race wagers?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Wouldn't these races be involved in pick 3's 4's and 6's? Would you boycott multi race wagers?
No, I was thinking no single race betting on them only. The point is to show we are willing to support the program but don't like the direction it is headed and will not support the races they added.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
More so in regards to legal ramifications towards Byk, that is all.

It was poorly managed IMO. You had one kamakzee guy with his own objective and many people wanting to get on board, but didn't know where the steps were.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
More so in regards to legal ramifications towards Byk, that is all.

It was poorly managed IMO. You had one kamakzee guy with his own objective and many people wanting to get on board, but didn't know where the steps were.
How can their be legal ramifications to a boycott? Isn't that directly protected by the first ammendment under right to peacebly assemble?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

As long as it's at Santa Anita, I won't be betting a dime on it.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
How can their be legal ramifications to a boycott? Isn't that directly protected by the first ammendment under right to peacebly assemble?
Something to do with abading a boycott or something which is illegal. I don't know, just saying, it was a big fuss when I was going to organize one against the ADW's, until a cowboy stepped in and rushed the whole thing