Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Has anybody heard what happened to Thiskyhasnolimit in the Mineshaft?
drf calling it a 'serious injury'. right front cannon bone fractured, he was vanned back to the barn.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Has anybody heard what happened to Thiskyhasnolimit in the Mineshaft?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
drf calling it a 'serious injury'. right front cannon bone fractured, he was vanned back to the barn.
Had surgery at LSU Saturday night and came out of it OK apparently. Will get more info later today.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Steve Byk

Jay Privman Twitter Update on Thiskyhasnolimit: Had right fetlock fused in surgery at LSU by Drs. Laura Riggs and Dan Burba, reports Asmussen. "He's being a very good patient. We are cautiously optimistic."
Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Theskyhasnolimit is sired by Sky Mesa a son of Pulpit.

Keeping with an earlier theme in this thread that Pulpit's typically aren't exactly the soundest and hardiest of horses.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Theskyhasnolimit is sired by Sky Mesa a son of Pulpit.

Keeping with an earlier theme in this thread that Pulpit's typically aren't exactly the soundest and hardiest of horses.
are any of them any more?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoist Her Flag View Post
Take Charge Indy has not had a published work since that Allowance Race. At this point that is not good.

He worked yesterday. I'm hearing as originally planned he is still a go for the Tampa Bay Derby. If anything he was flattered by El Padrinos race.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
He worked yesterday. I'm hearing as originally planned he is still a go for the Tampa Bay Derby. If anything he was flattered by El Padrinos race.
Where are you "hearing" things from? Two days ago you had no idea if the horse was even in training, resorting to posting an SOS on this board.

And, by the way, how was Take Charge Indy flattered by El Padrino winning the Risen Star? He was browbeat by El Padrino. I guess Union Rags flattered him in the FOY, too.

In reality, it's Shared Property who serves as the most accurate barometer of Take Charge Indy's talent.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Where are you "hearing" things from? Two days ago you had no idea if the horse was even in training, resorting to posting an SOS on this board.
I have about a 70-page printout that has a mobile and sometime also a home phone number for almost every trainer in the country. I got it from a jockey agent.

I've got two different mobile numbers for Baffert. If I really ever wanted to be sadistic...I could scan and forward it to PG '85.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I have about a 70-page printout that has a mobile and sometime also a home phone number for almost every trainer in the country. I got it from a jockey agent.
What did he do...staple a bunch of condition books together?

Quote:
I've got two different mobile numbers for Baffert. If I really ever wanted to be sadistic...I could scan and forward it to PG '85.
Here's the conversation between the two:

What PG hears: "The mailbox of the number you have dialed is full."

What BB hears: "You have 600 unheard messages."
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
What did he do...staple a bunch of condition books together?
It's just like a Master phone list print out. I use it for quotes when I write columns.

I remember the agent telling me not to bug too many of these guys -- I told him I'd rather shoot myself in the head than talk to these guys.

Michael Dickinson was yelling and screaming "you're asking the wrong questions!" at me over and over when I was asking him any question about Tapeta that didn't involve horse safety.

Stephanie Beattie lied right to me about horses being "new in her barn" who had overages even though I had PP's in front of me showing she was the trainer of record on said horses for over a year or more prior.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:

And, by the way, how was Take Charge Indy flattered by El Padrino winning the Risen Star? He was browbeat by El Padrino. I guess Union Rags flattered him in the FOY, too.

In reality, it's Shared Property who serves as the most accurate barometer of Take Charge Indy's talent.
Quote:

I would never call the GOAT.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Goodwood

Yes you would.