Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Del Mar

Default Nfl Free Agency

Thoughts on your team, needs, players you'd like your team to target? Some player visits I am hearing about thus far: QB Chad Henne and WR Laurent Robinson to visit the Jags. DE Mario Williams to visit Buffalo.
Just got a report the Bucs and Vincent Jackson are close to a deal.
Redskins reportedly signing Pierre Garçon.
There's a fit to stretch the field with RG3!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Goodwood

The Bucs love to give the illusion that they are actually going after name players. They make a half hearted attempt, then tell their fans, "well, we tried" and expect us to pat them on the back for attempting to spend money in free agency. When in fact, they had no intention whatsoever to spend that money.

I will be stunned if they sign Vincent Jackson.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Del Mar

Default Redskins....

Close to signing WR Josh Morgan. If memory serves broke his ankle last season, somewhat risky need to see how he comes back.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Close to signing WR Josh Morgan. If memory serves broke his ankle last season, somewhat risky need to see how he comes back.
Right, cause trading your 1st round pick for like the next 3 years for a QB prospect out of that Baylor QB factory isn't a risky proposition.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Saratoga

Brandon Marshall to Bears for 2 Treys

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...o-trade-031312

Damar Hamlin
Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Right, cause trading your 1st round pick for like the next 3 years for a QB prospect out of that Baylor QB factory isn't a risky proposition.
First of all, one of those 3 number 1's was this season, we simply swapped spots with the Rams, so in reality it's only 2 number 1's. Second, multiple teams were willing to make the same deal from what i have heard, we loved this kid and got it done! I do not give a crap about all the guys that have played at Baylor before, it truly means squat Math, this kid has a ton of talent and i will repeat once again he fits the Redskins system perfectly. Why not comment on what you see in this kid RG3? The move has been made, he's going to be the guy.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
The Bucs love to give the illusion that they are actually going after name players. They make a half hearted attempt, then tell their fans, "well, we tried" and expect us to pat them on the back for attempting to spend money in free agency. When in fact, they had no intention whatsoever to spend that money.

I dunno Bigs, the quotes i keep hearing are "deep in negotiations" so it's sounding like they will land him. They couls use a number 1 WR cuz from i can see Mike Williams may be no better than a number 2.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

Done deal 5 year deal bro.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Del Mar

Jason Campbell signs a 1 year deal with the Bears.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Del Mar

Jeff Fisher and CB Cortland Finnegan reunited with the Rams 5 years $50 million
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
First of all, one of those 3 number 1's was this season, we simply swapped spots with the Rams, so in reality it's only 2 number 1's. Second, multiple teams were willing to make the same deal from what i have heard, we loved this kid and got it done! I do not give a crap about all the guys that have played at Baylor before, it truly means squat Math, this kid has a ton of talent and i will repeat once again he fits the Redskins system perfectly. Why not comment on what you see in this kid RG3? The move has been made, he's going to be the guy.
You mentioned about Josh Morgan being a risky signing because he was coming off a broken ankle, my point was that they have a lot bigger fish to fry, than worrying about if Josh Morgan is going to be a bust.

Time will only tell on how good RG3 is going to be, but they are at least giving him some weapons to throw too. That is, if he has time to throw. You're a Skins fan, do they need to address the offensive line or are they good enough to protect the kid? It seems like they have spent a lot of money on the reciever position and if the kid doesn't have time to throw, it will all be for naught. It will all end up being a bit short sighted. You tell me.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
You mentioned about Josh Morgan being a risky signing because he was coming off a broken ankle, my point was that they have a lot bigger fish to fry, than worrying about if Josh Morgan is going to be a bust.

Time will only tell on how good RG3 is going to be, but they are at least giving him some weapons to throw too. That is, if he has time to throw. You're a Skins fan, do they need to address the offensive line or are they good enough to protect the kid? It seems like they have spent a lot of money on the reciever position and if the kid doesn't have time to throw, it will all be for naught. It will all end up being a bit short sighted. You tell me.
Are there high expectations for Josh Morgan?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Done deal 5 year deal bro.
That's great. Maybe they are going to spend like they say they are going to.

One piece of many that they need to be competitive. Defense has needs from front to back.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:

One piece of many that they need to be competitive. Defense has needs from front to back.
I heard that they are not re-signing Faine - the have no one @ left guard either and the rest of the o-line is suspect at best - they better pay Carl Nicks or they're in trouble.... They can pick up an all-pro WR set and it won't do them any good with Freeman on his asz
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Del Mar

Quote:

The signed Eric Wright there's a corner need addressed. I am hearing they are a leading contender to sign Curtis Loften as well, that guy makes a ton of tackles at the LB spot. That would be a very good signing in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Del Mar

Quote:

Bucs just struck again. They have signed Carl Nix one of the best guards available. Tampa's new regime is coming strong.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Del Mar

Quote:

I would love them to make a play for Erik Winston, could they use tackle depth yes. I know Winston is visiting MIA and a couple more teams, he may be gone before they get a chance. But they are addressing needs, I think the potential is there to be much improved. Keeping Adam Carriker was a good move too, that D-Line is stable and very much on the improve as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Goodwood

I stand corrected. I guess the Glazers got tired of empty seats (mine included) and realized that they needed to put a product on the field.

They also realized that building through the draft doesn't work unless you draft really well.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I stand corrected. I guess the Glazers got tired of empty seats (mine included) and realized that they needed to put a product on the field.

They also realized that building through the draft doesn't work unless you draft really well.
Still need Freeman to return to '10 and not duplicate '11
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Del Mar

Bears signed KR Eric Weems late of ATL, I assume he'll handle kick off returns and Devin Hester will handle punts I assume.