Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
The Curragh

Default BCS question

Notre Dame still has tough games on the road against Oklahoma and USC but if they run the table and we have undefeated Oregon, Bama, and ND who do you think will play in the title game? KSU could even be undefeated making it a real mess. Thoughts? I know it's early and will play itself out but just curious what people think. ND VS. Bama would be the biggest title game in a long long time.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
pointmanscousin

Only Domers have ineffable fantasies as this.

Not gonna happen.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Havre de Grace

Bama and Oregon by a wide margin!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
The Curragh

If they beat Oklahoma they have Pitt, wake forest, and Boston college left. I'm saying Oregon loses to USC, KSU loses one, and Bama beats Florida in the SEC title game making the winner of the USC/ND game going against Bama in the ship.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Havre de Grace

Dont know that Trojans beat Ducks....KState is good.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Arlington Park

usc and oregon may play twice. sc is young and has depth issues. they were over-rated to start the season.
nd's defense is decent but offense is below average. i'll find it hard to believe they'll keep escaping and make it undefeated.
the voters will do all they can to rid of the SEC teams as they lose. the computers already Don't like Bama. undefeated SEC team is in, IF everyone has 1 loss, a 1 loss SEC team is in. IF, IF Bama gets through undefeated, i'll be Shocked IF they Don't win it again.
this season may turn on When you lose and Who you lose to.
JMO.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:03 PM
The Curragh

Notre Dame opened up as 10 pt dogs this Saturday at Oklahoma. No one expected them to be 7-0 at this point and nobody expects them to win this Saturday it looks like. They're playing with house money now.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Jerome Park

The Florida Gators have a great defense.

my current opinion for BCS champ game is Bama/Floria vs. Oregon.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
Notre Dame still has tough games on the road against Oklahoma and USC but if they run the table and we have undefeated Oregon, Bama, and ND who do you think will play in the title game? KSU could even be undefeated making it a real mess. Thoughts? I know it's early and will play itself out but just curious what people think. ND VS. Bama would be the biggest title game in a long long time.
If Notre Dame runs the table they will play for a National Title. Im not sure yet if I think they will run the table though. Oklahoma is pretty good. They opened as a 9.5 point favorite and thats now up to 11.5-12.5
I believe Oregon is a phony and will get beat somewhere along the way. You never mentioned Florida.....They play Georgia at home this week. They are up to a 7 point favorite and I believe they will beat Georgia. Then they have 3 straight games where they will be 17 point or more favorites. Then they end the year at FSU, who I believe is a total pretender. Of course they then would have to beat Bama in the SEC title game, but who knows?
Back to Oregon they are at USC on 11/3, USC is not that good, but I think they will be up for that game. They end the year vs Stanford and at Oregon St. Again someone will beat them.
Kansas St is the team that is likely to stay undefeated. They pretty much play 4 cupcakes w/ the tougher games being at home. Im not sure who they would have to play in the Big 12 title game though.
I think its absoultley wide open. LSU is not as good this year as last year, but they could easily beat Bama at home in 2 weeks. Crazy last few months coming up. If I had to guess right now I would say Florida plays for a National Championship this year, Im not sure vs who though.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
It is way too early to discuss the title game, but as a fan of ND, I assume you have watched their games? If so, you will know deep down that ND is not running the table.

If Oregon is undefeated, they are in the game. It would mean they have beaten USC twice, as well as Stanford down the stretch. The other team will be the SEC title winner. KSU is the team that should be worried right now. They will need Oregon or Bama and FL to come out of the season with a loss, if they manage to run the table.

ND v Bama would not be the biggest title game in a long long time. People will be tuning out in droves when Bama is rolling ND by halftime. Not to worry, ND will have 2 to 3 losses by the end of the season, so that game has no chance of happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
You never mentioned Florida.....They play Georgia at home this week. They are up to a 7 point favorite and I believe they will beat Georgia. Then they have 3 straight games where they will be 17 point or more favorites. Then they end the year at FSU, who I believe is a total pretender. Of course they then would have to beat Bama in the SEC title game, but who knows?
FL v GA is on a neutral field with 50-50 ticket split. It is not a home game for either team. The home and away designation is strictly for uniform choices.

Last edited by Bigsmc : 10-23-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 AM
The Curragh

[quote=Bigsmc;897617]It is way too early to discuss the title game, but as a fan of ND, I assume you have watched their games? If so, you will know deep down that ND is not running the table.

If Oregon is undefeated, they are in the game. It would mean they have beaten USC twice, as well as Stanford down the stretch. The other team will be the SEC title winner. KSU is the team that should be worried right now. They will need Oregon or Bama and FL to come out of the season with a loss, if they manage to run the table.

ND v Bama would not be the biggest title game in a long long time. People will be tuning out in droves when Bama is rolling ND by halftime. Not to worry, ND will have 2 to 3 losses by the end of the season, so that game has no chance of happening.

FL v GA is on a neutral field with 50-50 ticket split. It is not a home game for either team. The home and away designation is strickly for uniform choices.[/QUOTE]

Ahem, excuse me, but what would someone in Tampa know about this?
As somone who's had to live through and put up with this nonsense for nearly 12 years, I think myself and a couple other DTers can speak about the World's biggest outdoor cocktail party with more authority than YOU!

Of course, you are basically correct, but it was a lucky guess.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
It is way too early to discuss the title game, but as a fan of ND, I assume you have watched their games? If so, you will know deep down that ND is not running the table.

FL v GA is on a neutral field with 50-50 ticket split. It is not a home game for either team. The home and away designation is strickly for uniform choices.[/QUOTE]
Ahem, excuse me, but what would someone in Tampa know about this?
As somone who's had to live through and put up with this nonsense for nearly 12 years, I think myself and a couple other DTers can speak about the World's biggest outdoor cocktail party with more authority than YOU!

Of course, you are basically correct, but it was a lucky guess.
I would know about it because I have been to the game multiple times. My horrible spelling aside, of course I am right. If you could stick your head outside of the OTB for an afternoon and actually attend, you would know that it is a 50-50 split by simply looking around the stadium.

In case Sheets decides to pull his nose out of The Form for a weekend, GA co-eds > FL co-eds. He should probably wear red and black, while trolling the friday night parties.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 AM
The Curragh

The ratings would be huge for nd/Bama title game. I've watched every second of nd this year and even though they've had close wins over teams they should have blown out I still think they can go undefeated. It almost feels like they can't lose this year, like a team of destiny. You say 2-3 losses but the only teams left on the schedule capable of beating them are OU and USC so 2 at max.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
The Florida Gators have a great defense.

my current opinion for BCS champ game is Bama/Floria vs. Oregon.
If it turns out to be Florida against Alabama in the BCS title game the ratings will be horrible.

Last edited by Patrick333 : 10-23-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick333 View Post
If it turns out toe be Florida against Alabama in the BCS title game the rating will be horrible.
it wont be like last year.

Bama and Florida, if they both win vs Georgia and LSU, would be matched up in the SEC championship game.. with the winner playing for all the marbles.

I just have a feeling the winner of the SEC will be playing Oregon in the BCS title game.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
it wont be like last year.

Bama and Florida, if they both win vs Georgia and LSU, would be matched up in the SEC championship game.. with the winner playing for all the marbles.

I just have a feeling the winner of the SEC will be playing Oregon in the BCS title game.
I forgot that they have the SEC title game.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Arlington Park

we can hope for an OU BLOW-OUT this weekend and the Over-rated, golden dome jr. college crowd will crawl back in thier hole.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide View Post
we can hope for an OU BLOW-OUT this weekend and the Over-rated, golden dome jr. college crowd will crawl back in thier hole.
Hope you enjoyed the Notre Dame victory. Great job by the Irish.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
The ratings would be huge for nd/Bama title game. I've watched every second of nd this year and even though they've had close wins over teams they should have blown out I still think they can go undefeated. It almost feels like they can't lose this year, like a team of destiny. You say 2-3 losses but the only teams left on the schedule capable of beating them are OU and USC so 2 at max.
I'll say it again, they are a team of destiny this year. Something magic is going on in south bend. All the haters who gave the Irish no chance to win ate eating crow today. Bring on Bama, GO IRISH!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
I'll say it again, they are a team of destiny this year. Something magic is going on in south bend. All the haters who gave the Irish no chance to win ate eating crow today. Bring on Bama, GO IRISH!

Look out Sporty Fans....biblical references are next.