Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
That's horses.hit. Two easy ways to fix the locker room.
1-The coach needs to have a better pulse of the team. Rex pretty much had no clue of the turmoili.
2-Just win, baby.
OMG! Tebow, perfect candidate to bring the lockeroom together in NYC! I can hear them now Rex " F*ck you guys f*ckin sucked out there today" Tebow " Coach, could you please not curse, it's not appropriate language" Rex " Gents, can take Mr. Tebow out back and show him something even less appropriate" LOL! NYC and Timmy Tebow, perfect!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
I dont see how Tebow could QB in the offensive system that will be designed for Manning.
Nobody can, not a starter in the league can do things the way he does/needs to.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Keeneland

I mentioned to Golfer on Monday that I thought the Jets should go after Tebow.

The Jets miss what Brad Smith did for them. They didn't run it enough, but when he ran the wildcat, it was effective. Sparano has plenty of experience with the wildcat.

I think the other stuff figures itself out.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Flemington

Denver traded quarterback Tim Tebow to the NY Jets.

Acoording to Adam Schefter
Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post

The Jets miss what Brad Smith did for them. They didn't run it enough, but when he ran the wildcat, it was effective. Sparano has plenty of experience with the wildcat.

They got him. Just traded for a 4th round pick.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

If Tebow goes to the Jets or Packers then he pretty much is admitting to himself that he is not going to be a starting NFL QB. I think he is way to young to admit this to himself at this point especially with the wins he put up last year.

Damar Hamlin
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Flemington

Also:
Saints lost two second-round picks, one in 12 one in 13.

8m Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details
Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2012

In addition:
Rams DC Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely but will miss at least 2012 season for his role with Saints bounty program
Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
If Tebow goes to the Jets or Packers then he pretty much is admitting to himself that he is not going to be a starting NFL QB. I think he is way to young to admit this to himself at this point especially with the wins he put up last year.
And he gets traded to the Jets while I am submitting the above post... Like omitting 1 horse from a P4 leg and losing

Damar Hamlin
Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Also:

Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2012

In addition:
Rams DC Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely but will miss at least 2012 season for his role with Saints bounty program
That is way too stiff a penalty for something that I am sure has been going on since the NFL was founded.

Damar Hamlin
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Flemington

Quote:
That is way too stiff a penalty for something that I am sure has been going on since the NFL was founded.
Agreed, but once it came out it's a black eye against the league and we all know how much they frown upon that. So now they have to go overboard on the punishment.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I think it's being honest with himself.

I have always said I think Tebow is a very good football player. I don't think he's a starting NFL QB, but he can absolutely be effective if used the right way.

I think it's a win/win for both Tebow and the Jets. They didn't give up much for him and he should be motivated enough to make the best of this situation.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Keeneland

Plus, Tannenbaum would have screwed up that 4th round pick anyway.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Freaking ridiculous penalty!!! Godell is so full of himself.......
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Also:

In addition:
If this was horse racing, Payton would only be suspended for games in Louisana and he would be able to appeal, have the suspension stayed for a year, then reduced to 30 days in April 2014.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

I have always said I think Tebow is a very good football player. I don't think he's a starting NFL QB, but he can absolutely be effective if used the right way.

I think it's a win/win for both Tebow and the Jets. They didn't give up much for him and he should be motivated enough to make the best of this situation.
I agree Tebow is a good football player and is professional enough that he will help the Jets. I think Sanchez is soft and the fans yelling for Tebow every week will not help his developement.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Flemington

Quote:

If I was a Jets fan, I would worry about how this is going to impact Sanchez.

Let's face it, we all know what's going as soon as Sanchez hits any kind of bump in the road.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Keeneland

I hear you guys and the points are fair. We'll see what Rex is made of as a coach.

Sanchez has been getting booed since he got there. It remains to be seen if he has gotten over last year. Maybe this motivates him and kicks his play up a notch.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
The Curragh

Tebow beats him out for the top spot in camp.
Sanchez is very lazy not all that talented and doesn't know how to workout for a job.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Tebow beats him out for the top spot in camp.
Sanchez is very lazy not all that talented and doesn't know how to workout for a job.
I'll wager on this.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I hear you guys and the points are fair. We'll see what Rex is made of as a coach.

Sanchez has been getting booed since he got there. It remains to be seen if he has gotten over last year. Maybe this motivates him and kicks his play up a notch.
Hoss, I know the off season isn't complete yet, but they haven't addressed anything to help Sanchez out. No upgrades on the line or at reciever, but they have made attempts on acquiring QB's. Who knows what Tebows real role will be, but it has the chance to make things very unconfortable for Ryan and Sanchez. I agree with what you said and we'll see for real how good a coach Ryan really is.

At this point, I really don't think a competition is what's best for Sanchez and the team. It's his 4th year and he's been sucessful in the playoffs. He had a tough year for a team that wasn't nearly as good as it was hyped up to be. But this constant mind f.ucking they are doing to Sanchez can't be good. First Manning, then the extention and now Tebow.

The extention is the mind-boggling part, they believed in him enough to give him the extention, but now bring in Tebow. I guess if they didn't give it to him, I could almost understand the trade a little better. But unless the Jets come out today and say they traded for Tebow to convert him into something else, this situation is going to get ugly fast.