Saratoga

Just saw NE -3 55 O/U on another board

Discuss like always
Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Fairgrounds

It's 3 or 3.5 depending on the book.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Flemington

NE at 3 is silly. They were 7 against the Ravens, Im a die hard Pats fan, was at the game and still bet the Ravens. The # should be around 6. The Giants are hot, the Pats are the much better football team.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Post pictures.

I'm calling BS that you went to the game.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Flemington

Not only was this Joey Ice at the game, but I was in a box for the second half. I ate good.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Take a picture of your ticket.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
NE at 3 is silly. They were 7 against the Ravens, Im a die hard Pats fan, was at the game and still bet the Ravens. The # should be around 6. The Giants are hot, the Pats are the much better football team.
They were at home for the ravens game. You were there remember?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Take a picture of your ticket.
do you have to have a ticket if you're sitting in a cardboard box in the parking lot? to some that qualifies for 'at the game. in a box'!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:41 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
They were at home for the ravens game. You were there remember?
Worth 3.5 at Foxboro, probably 4.5 in playoff games.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Arlington Park

ne is -3 and you can bet them even at bovada (formerly bodog). you're getting 3 and -120 for the giants.

ny is a ridiculously low +115 on the money line.

for comparison sf was +3 or +165 a few hours before the n.o. game.

someone likes the giants.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Havre de Grace

Pats 24 Giants 16
Old 01-24-2012, 04:42 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
The Pats are the much better football team.
Ahh NO they are not. The Giants certainly did not play up to their potential until late in the season but they have no glaring weakness now on either side of the ball or the kicking game and most importantly they are on a roll.

NFL championships are won by teams with momentum not the best numbers overall. It pains me to admit the Giant's are likely to win this game but only a fool would ignore how the Giant's have looked these last few weeks despite the Pats winning 10 in a row they have not beaten many solid teams.

This line will continue to fall until it's very close to a push by game time. Remember the sole objective of the line is to split the play and create a 50/50 financial interest in the game. It will be harder to sustain New England's play as we get closer to Feb. 5th.

If for one, the Pats continue to trot out WR Julian Edelman and guys from the Raider's practice squad to play DB for them the Giant's will have a field day through the air on deep balls especially to guys like Cruz who gets up like no Pats DB.

Sadly this could look more like 1986, Bears-Pats 46-10 than one of the late game Brady/Vinatieri miracles.

Maybe the best idea is to accept the likely outcome here and try to make a few bucks on the money line while on vacation in Cancun. The line at kickoff will be closer to a "pick" than -3 IMO.....
Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Ellis Park

Its very hard for the number to get off the -3 NE....it would take a huge bet for that to happen....I still think the Giants will probably win.....this coming from a Jets fan....lol
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 AM
The Curragh

The Pats, 3x, have not covered a line as favorite in the Superbowl, that will not likely change this year.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Morris Park

Right now Giants +3 -125 in ny.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Keeneland

in Chicago 'private' books won't release a number till 11am day of. You NY guys have it made.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
Ahh NO they are not. The Giants certainly did not play up to their potential until late in the season but they have no glaring weakness now on either side of the ball or the kicking game and most importantly they are on a roll.

NFL championships are won by teams with momentum not the best numbers overall. It pains me to admit the Giant's are likely to win this game but only a fool would ignore how the Giant's have looked these last few weeks despite the Pats winning 10 in a row they have not beaten many solid teams.

This line will continue to fall until it's very close to a push by game time. Remember the sole objective of the line is to split the play and create a 50/50 financial interest in the game. It will be harder to sustain New England's play as we get closer to Feb. 5th.

If for one, the Pats continue to trot out WR Julian Edelman and guys from the Raider's practice squad to play DB for them the Giant's will have a field day through the air on deep balls especially to guys like Cruz who gets up like no Pats DB.

Sadly this could look more like 1986, Bears-Pats 46-10 than one of the late game Brady/Vinatieri miracles.

Maybe the best idea is to accept the likely outcome here and try to make a few bucks on the money line while on vacation in Cancun. The line at kickoff will be closer to a "pick" than -3 IMO.....
No disrespect doc, but i highly doubt the line ends up a pick. Sharp players that took the open at +3.5 would hammer on the Pats the other way if the line drops to 2.5or lower. Regardless of who the public is in love with, books will not want to risk getting middled like in superbowl ? (someone help me because i forget the number) when the steelers beat the cowboys by 4 (35-31) creating a legendary beating for the house.

I rarely say "never" and you could be right but I bet it doesn't go below 2...if it moves down at all from here. Just my opinion.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
No disrespect doc, but i highly doubt the line ends up a pick. Sharp players that took the open at +3.5 would hammer on the Pats the other way if the line drops to 2.5or lower. Regardless of who the public is in love with, books will not want to risk getting middled like in superbowl ? (someone help me because i forget the number) when the steelers beat the cowboys by 4 (35-31) creating a legendary beating for the house.

I rarely say "never" and you could be right but I bet it doesn't go below 2...if it moves down at all from here. Just my opinion.
I agree with this. The thing you will see if there is too much Giant money is the money line decreasing even more. They new the public would take the Giant money line hard, so it was already undervalued and will continue to drop. The books can't afford to have the sharpies jake the bet. If they lose on the Giants it's OK, they will win it back on prop bets

Last edited by 3kings : 01-25-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post

that being said....the jints needed 2 special teams blunders by the same mook, to squeak out an OT win over the terrble 49ers with Alex Smith. This is Tom Brady.....we can't cover, but you guys can't cover either, plus you're slow....real slow....Pats win. Someone will always be open. Gronk, Hernandez Branch or Welker. y'all can't cover all of them. Benny Green-Ellis will also run it down the giants gizzard most of the day.