Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Del Mar

Default Convention Highlights

Tampa Bay Gay Prostitutes Gearing Up For Flood Of Closeted Republicans

Helping the economy..

http://www.theonion.com/video/tampa-...lood-of,29263/

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
Tampa Bay Gay Prostitutes Gearing Up For Flood Of Closeted Republicans

Helping the economy..

http://www.theonion.com/video/tampa-...lood-of,29263/
Glad to know some of the more prominent Dems will be profiting off the convention.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
Glad to know some of the more prominent Dems will be profiting off the convention.
Barney!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Del Mar

Was Larry Craig invited to the convention?..He'd have a ball there...or two.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Del Mar

Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Del Mar

Default "Eastwooding" Cartoons

The good, bad and ugly.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Del Mar

Default Continued

Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Tropical Park

Yeah what a disaster the convention was, Romney "only" got a 5-point bump in the polls. I can't wait to hear all of those old angry, hypocrites like Kerry, Pelosi, Reid, and Biden speak next week topped off by that lying, idiot, hypocrite, incompetent failure Obama. Expect another 5-point for Romney after that debacle next week.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Candidates always get a bump in the polls just after their convention. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Tropical Park

They don't always get 5-point bumps and it will mean something if Obama falls flat next week.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Del Mar

SOP after any convention....Big O will get it back plus some after they lay out their plan to clean up Dumya's disastrous 8 years..

Old 09-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Saratoga

I haven't read everything down here lately by any means... it's very easy to get sucked in and I just can't let all this time go by defending what I believe because really... why bother (oh and I'm not insulting anyone who is down here a lot. Just for the record...) BUT the times I have looked down here? It's amazing how the people who are the most vocal Obama supporters are spedning all this time talking about the convention.

I mean thread after thread after thread...

Just seems kind of funny to me but what do I know.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
I haven't read everything down here lately by any means... it's very easy to get sucked in and I just can't let all this time go by defending what I believe because really... why bother (oh and I'm not insulting anyone who is down here a lot. Just for the record...) BUT the times I have looked down here? It's amazing how the people who are the most vocal Obama supporters are spedning all this time talking about the convention.

I mean thread after thread after thread...

Just seems kind of funny to me but what do I know.

I laughed ...you know a lot
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepaindispenser View Post
They don't always get 5-point bumps and it will mean something if Obama falls flat next week.
yeah, you're wrong:

'Gallup's data dating back to 1964 indicates that presidential candidates gain, on average, about five percentage points in the polls immediately following their party’s convention.'

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...08/conventions
Old 09-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
I laughed ...you know a lot
Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Coach Pants

thepezdispenser will just say that's a Soros poll.

Both party tards have their typical dismissive retorts to facts. They love being stupid and controlled. Nothing makes them happier than to give up cognitive reasoning so they can have the opportunity one day to take a picture with their phone of their beloved candidate at a rally.

You aren't cool if you don't follow the party line. I mean...who in the hell is going to like your facebook posts if you're a crazy libertarian?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Tropical Park

The five points is actually the median bounce not the average bounce since 1964 and it is all about momentum which has clearly been in Romney's favor since Ryan was named VP. It is hard to believe that Obama will recover those points considering that they are trotting out the same old, lame politicians who will be talking about the same failed policies, plus the August unemployment numbers will come out less than 12 hours after this clown Obama gives his lying speech right off of the teleprompter.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Keeneland

Actual polling from this weekend:
Quote:
Normally, the Wrap takes Saturday and Sunday off, but with the Republican National Convention in the rearview mirror, we have a rare weekend edition of the Wrap to see what, if any, improvement we can see in the fortunes of the GOP ticket post-Tampa.

And, as has been the case for most of the past week, the answer is: little, if any.

Now, a caveat applies. Since the speeches come so late in the evening, there really has only one wholly post-convention day in the sampling, and that was last night.

And with that outsized tracking sample that Gallup employs (seven days), we are still at a point where the slight majority of respondents were queried about their preferences before Ann Romney and Chris Christie took the stage.

That said, there is quite a bit of evidence that the convention did not yield an outsized bounce for the Republicans, and will come well short of the 11-point bounce Romney's own campaign was flogging a while back.

On to the numbers:
Quote:
NATIONAL (Gallup Tracking): Obama d. Romney (47-46)

NATIONAL (Ipsos/Reuters Tracking): Obama d. Romney (44-43)

NATIONAL (Rasmussen Tracking): Romney d. Obama (47-44)
Thus, with three tracking polls, the current average is a Romney lead of 0.3 percentage points.

On Tuesday, before the RNC began in earnest, these three tracking polls yielded an average which gave the president a lead of 1.0 percentage points.

Therefore, in the only apples-to-apples "bounce" comparison we can make, the bounce stands at 1.3 percentage points. That is, historically, a very weak bounce.

Also, given the trajectory of the data, it is somewhat hard to see how it will grow substantially.

The momentum has been with Obama in the Ipsos/Reuters tracker over both of the last two days, as Romney has lost three points since Thursday's release.

Gallup has been steady for three days, which hints that if there is any positive movement towards Romney in the last few days of polling, it has been quite muted.

Only Rasmussen (perhaps predictably) is seeing real movement for Mitt Romney.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 09-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The five points is actually the median bounce not the average bounce since 1964 and it is all about momentum which has clearly been in Romney's favor since Ryan was named VP. It is hard to believe that Obama will recover those points considering that they are trotting out the same old, lame politicians who will be talking about the same failed policies, plus the August unemployment numbers will come out less than 12 hours after this clown Obama gives his lying speech right off of the teleprompter.
If you haven't realized it by now, there is no way for Romney to get to 270 without sweeping the board, including states already strong Obama. Obama chance of winning is about 75% at Intrade, and about 100% when looking at current electoral college data (that, of course, can always change, but that's today)

Regarding your little rant .. Obama Derangement Syndrome in all it's glory ... of course, every single Republican but Clint Eastwood read off teleprompters, including Mitt (who is NEVER allowed to go off-script by his handlers) - there is nothing wrong with speeches off teleprompters rather than notes. Reagan read off teleprompters. Both Bushes, Clinton, everyone reads off teleprompters.

Why the Obama-haters snarl about that is beyond absurd and hilariously hypocritical.

Especially when there are hours and hours of Obama talking without teleprompters or notes, and kicking ass (the meeting with House Republicans when his term first started comes to mind - that's why the GOP canceled and refused to have another one)

Speaking of "lying"? Paul Ryan was decimated by the press and fact-checkers for the outright, blatant falsehoods in his speech. As was Romney for a few things. One of the major headlines out of the RNC ended up being "lying GOP".

The Dems have their turn starting tomorrow. Don't confuse your hate with reality.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 09-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

Gallup's data dating back to 1964 indicates that presidential candidates gain, on average, about five percentage points in the polls immediately following their party’s convention.'

ok, you deny there's a 5 point bounce, i show that on average there is, and now you're trying to say an average you denied is suddenly the 'mean' number. hilarious.
and no, considering all that's been going on, things aren't clearly in romney's favor. he's an unlikable, unpopular nominee, for an unlikable and unpopular party. the only reason he's at all close in the polls is that things are not exactly going well in the country at present.
as for the teleprompter comment above, all candidates use them.