Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
that being said....the jints needed 2 special teams blunders by the same mook, to squeak out an OT win over the terrble 49ers with Alex Smith. This is Tom Brady.....we can't cover, but you guys can't cover either, plus you're slow....real slow....Pats win. Someone will always be open. Gronk, Hernandez Branch or Welker. y'all can't cover all of them. Benny Green-Ellis will also run it down the giants gizzard most of the day.
I'll give you 1 horrendous blunder, but Williams (and the special teams) deserves some credit for stripping the ball in OT. But what about the Pats? Lee Evans gets lazy in the endzone and lets the ball gets stripped from his hands. Cundiff misses a chip shot to go to OT. Let's face it although they have won like 10 in a row, they are a far cry from the 2007 Pats.

Alex Smith did turn back into Alex Smith, but what about the Niners defense? They played a tremendous second half. Despite what happened against the Saints, they are not a high powered/high scoring offensive team. Plus the Giants defense deserves some credit as well.

Is Gronk (and his bad ankle), Hernandez, Branch or Welker better than Jennings, Finley, Driver, Cobb and Jones? Maybe, maybe not, but the Giants did a pretty good job on them if you ask me (on the road). The Ellis comment doesn't even need to be addressed, because it's laughable.

My question to you is, which reciever is Edelman going to cover?

I have to admit that I like the Giants chances. They beat the Pats in Foxboro already, in a game where they played without Bradshaw and Nicks. Also the defense was not playing at the level they are playing now. They beat arguably the best offensive and defensive teams on the road the last two weeks. I'm not saying it's a lock, but I like their chances a lot.

Last edited by MaTH716 : 01-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Ocala Mike

Default Super Bowl Line

I know Las Vegas is sharp, and I'm far from a FB expert, but I have the Giants favored by a FG by all my "metrics." I've found, historically though, that when I don't agree with a line by this much, I'M USUALLY WRONG!

Anyway, calling the final score NYG 31, NE 20.

Ocala Mike
Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 AM
The Curragh

If we are calling scores, I will go 24-23 Pats.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Longchamps

Giants 31 - Pats 20
Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Ocala Mike

Default Super Bowl Line

Bingo!!!

Ocala Mike