Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Saratoga

I'd take a shot with 2-Pinot
Old 10-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Steve Byk

Joe & Ed look like they have this cornered with the 1 & 11..

I think you want to add #2 Pinot, by win early Into Mischief, to the mix at 10-1. KEE-based Gorder another guy that does strong work second out, filly got an education in modest debut and drilled a sharp half mile readying for this..

Best Value: #2 Pinot 10-1 5th
Next Best: #11 Trust 5-1 WON ($9.80)
Exotics Use: #12 Flash n' Dance 3-1 2nd
Super Add: #8 Gorgeous in Rags 12-1 4th

Last edited by Kasept : 10-14-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Joe & Ed look like they have this cornered with the 1 & 11..

I think you want to add #2 Pinot, by win early Into Mischief, to the mix at 10-1. KEE-based Gorder another guy that does strong work second out, filly got an education in modest debut and drilled a sharp half mile readying for this..

Best Value: #2 Pinot 10-1
Next Best: #11 Trust 5-1
Exotics Use: #1 Dagney's Warrior 6-1
Super Add; #12 Flash n' Dance 3-1
Ya that 1 scratched so 2 is a must add on for sure. I think the 12 is just faster then the 11 here so I wouldn't use the 11 so Im sure 11 will romp. The 14 horse is interesting that I may dabble a little on. GL
Old 10-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Ya that 1 scratched so 2 is a must add on for sure. I think the 12 is just faster then the 11 here so I wouldn't use the 11 so Im sure 11 will romp. The 14 horse is interesting that I may dabble a little on. GL
#14 August Snow a $1.3MM half to Hoppertunity/Executiveprivlege by Tapit..
Old 10-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Oriental Park

5/1, is that a good thing given the connections? maybe its just that good a race, either way you can send it in at that price on your lock...good luck.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Jerome Park

Tremendous job.
Oriental Park

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Friday, Keeneland Race 5
#11 Trust

This horse cannot be defeated.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Calder Race Course

great job! - especially with all the dead weight on your back
The Curragh

BOOM.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Longchamps

Well done Joey
Old 10-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Saratoga

Well Done...
Old 10-13-2017, 02:24 PM
Morris Park

nice hit 7/2!
Havre de Grace

Well done on the lock.
Randwyck

Good call.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Golden Gate

Nice Work!!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Oriental Park

Nice call at just a tick under 4-1.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
20-1 Is silly. Even if he runs last, giving me 7x his likely post time odds is ignorant.
Nice pick RHT. I wouldn't have bet her even at 20-1 because I thought the horse had no chance with the inside speed. Evidently, they both SCRed after I posted. Not backing away from what I said (in fixed odds it doesn't matter) or taking away from your pick, but it definitely changed the race complexion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
So you have no opinion, but knocked his?

You didn't need the second paragraph. You were just piling on yourself. What exchange wagering has to do with you obnoxiously criticizing someone else's pick, especially when you don't even have one of your own, will remain a great mystery.
I've posted enough picks here for it to be well known I'm not afraid of making my opinions public. Other than to force bets, why do I have to have an opinion on a winner every race? I'm not being paid to pick. Can't my opinion be that I find it hard to like anything and I'd much rather lay against what I think is a bad favourite or low underlay than to take a shot to try and beat him/her? How many times have you taken a random stab against a bad fav only for some other random horse like Snake Oil Charlie to win? Wouldn't you have preferred just to bet against the fav winning?
Old 10-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Nice pick RHT. I wouldn't have bet her even at 20-1 because I thought the horse had no chance with the inside speed. Evidently, they both SCRed after I posted. Not backing away from what I said (in fixed odds it doesn't matter) or taking away from your pick, but it definitely changed the race complexion.

I've posted enough picks here for it to be well known I'm not afraid of making my opinions public. Other than to force bets, why do I have to have an opinion on a winner every race? I'm not being paid to pick. Can't my opinion be that I find it hard to like anything and I'd much rather lay against what I think is a bad favourite or low underlay than to take a shot to try and beat him/her? How many times have you taken a random stab against a bad fav only for some other random horse like Snake Oil Charlie to win? Wouldn't you have preferred just to bet against the fav winning?

So let's see, you actually gave a caveat for your horrendous opinion ( one man's caveat is another's whine ) as opposed to JUST congratulating him on a sensational opinion.

As for stabs...Snake Oil Charlie? Really? The last time I picked him he won at Aqueduct a couple years ago and paid around $24. You're really on top of your game today. Probably should have quit while you were merely badly behind.

I do, however, give you credit for posting pre-race picks here. That's very fair. You certainly have done a lot of that.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM
Steve Byk

Great work Joe! That was fun.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
So let's see, you actually gave a caveat for your horrendous opinion ( one man's caveat is another's whine ) as opposed to JUST congratulating him on a sensational opinion.

As for stabs...Snake Oil Charlie? Really? The last time I picked him he won at Aqueduct a couple years ago and paid around $24. You're really on top of your game today. Probably should have quit while you were merely badly behind.

I do, however, give you credit for posting pre-race picks here. That's very fair. You certainly have done a lot of that.
$24 isn't random, $100+ in his maiden was. Anyways, criticized for not giving an opinion, lambasted for then explaining my opinion. It's midnight, I don't have time to keep giving you bait. Have a nice day.