Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Default TAM 9th 1/2: #1 Inquiring

9th:
1 - INQUIRING was not given good ride last out. Had speed but was wrangled back to run off a glacial pace set by the favorite, who posted a :24.17 last quarter over slow turf after Alvarado put them to sleep. Inquiring was the only one to make a run from behind and was the only one with the same late punch as the winner. Her turf debut was better than it looked as well. Was fairly close to a pace that totally collapsed and had a rough trip in the stretch. Her improvement from dirt to turf has been even more significant than it appears on paper.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Nice ride there by Curatolo.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Fairgrounds

Seriously brutal. Good call on your part but a tough beat.

Paul
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Churchill Downs

I know its caveman to say but that kid is an absolute bet against and a non include in multi race wagers.....especially on short priced horses. He finds new ways to %$#@ up races every day. A few years back he ended up on lots of longshots that I happened to like and he cost me plenty. He makes David Cohen look good, which is saying something.

Sorry about your misfortune today but when they put a real jock up it will be easy.

IMO

Ed
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Yeah, he sucks. It was pretty comical when he was winning a few races with a bug in NY and people were proclaiming him the next big thing. He came up around the same time as Irad Ortiz and it's no coincidence how divergent their careers have been the last 18 months.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
The Curragh

Not to defend Curatolo's career, but the trouble this horse had today, based on watching the head on, was more due to Angel Serpa being all over the track than Curatolo's ineptness. When they turned for home, the rail was open, so he tried to take it, but Serpa drifted in on him. So he switched out, and not only did Serpa drift back out in front of him, but the horse outside of him drifted in. Finally, going back to the rail again, he had room, and Serpa continued to drift out many paths, nearly interfering with the winner, who just got past him before Serpa was in HIS path.

Interesting group of HACKS Tampa Bay has riding horses this meet.

In race 5, Jose A Garcia, breaking from post 3, made a left turn interfering with the 1 and 2 two steps out of the gate, then adjusted by turning right and interfered with EVERY OTHER HORSE in race moments later, including dumping Eddie Dominguez. Don't think I've ever seen that before.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Not to defend Curatolo's career, but the trouble this horse had today, based on watching the head on, was more due to Angel Serpa being all over the track than Curatolo's ineptness. When they turned for home, the rail was open, so he tried to take it, but Serpa drifted in on him. So he switched out, and not only did Serpa drift back out in front of him, but the horse outside of him drifted in. Finally, going back to the rail again, he had room, and Serpa continued to drift out many paths, nearly interfering with the winner, who just got past him before Serpa was in HIS path.

Interesting group of HACKS Tampa Bay has riding horses this meet.

In race 5, Jose A Garcia, breaking from post 3, made a left turn interfering with the 1 and 2 two steps out of the gate, then adjusted by turning right and interfered with EVERY OTHER HORSE in race moments later, including dumping Eddie Dominguez. Don't think I've ever seen that before.
I don't agree. Serpa's horse drifted in for sure, but Curatolo still had ample room to go through on the inside the first time and just panicked IMO.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:44 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Golfer secretly wishes The Guid was back at Tampa
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I don't agree. Serpa's horse drifted in for sure, but Curatolo still had ample room to go through on the inside the first time and just panicked IMO.
I'm not saying he didn't panic, but I stick with my original analysis.

And for some strange reason, I haven't been following Fair Grounds very closely, so I'm not sure how well Mr Guidry has been riding?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Even though you didn't get the right ride, and the horse was bet, it was still a good call.

$44.40 exacta with the Artie Schiller horse who had the best last out figure on everyones numbers, and who's last figure exceeded the class par.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
He is a serious danger. No joking around. I've seen him nearly kill himself and take someone with him too many times this meeting already. He either has no ability {strength} to control the animal, or is completely brain dead, or has a deathwish.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I'm more with golfer on this one. I think Curatolo had to make a split second decision and chose wrong. How was he to know that Serpa wasn't coming all the way down to the rail and leave him with nothing but heels to clip?

The bigger issue is allowing these pinheads to waver and herd all over the track. As long as there is no physical contact, it is deemed okay. The Stews seem to give the Tampa jocks even more leeway on the turf. They know the jocks have a hell of a time keeping them straight when they hit the gap at the chute and give them the benefit of the doubt every time.

I like Ten Sweet Kisses coming out of that race. A first time starter with loading issues, a slight check in the turn, split horses in the stretch with interest, it was a good education. Unfortunately, the price will not be right with that trainer.

Last edited by Bigsmc : 01-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
I'm more with golfer on this one. I think Curatolo had to make a split second decision and chose wrong. How was he to know that Serpa wasn't coming all the way down to the rail and leave him with nothing be heels to clip?

The bigger issue is allowing these pinheads to waver and herd all over the track. As long as there is no physical contact, it is deemed okay. The Stews seem to give the Tampa jocks even more leeway on the turf. They know the jocks have a hell of a time keeping them straight when they hit the gap at the chute and give them the benefit of the doubt every time.

I like Ten Sweet Kisses coming out of that race. A first time starter with loading issues, a slight check in the turn, split horses in the stretch with interest, it was a good education. Unfortunately, the price will not be right with that trainer.

Did they ever give Coa days for nearly killing Deano?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Did they ever give Coa days for nearly killing Deano?
If they have, he hasn't served any. It happened on the 29th, they may not have ruled yet. The TBD website is woefully behind posting rulings.

I'll check with my source, but I don't think it is a matter of will they, it is a matter of how many.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
If they have, he hasn't served any. It happened on the 29th, they may not have ruled yet. The TBD website is woefully behind posting rulings.

I'll check with my source, but I don't think it is a matter of will they, it is a matter of how many.
Who's he hottubbing it with this year, Ronnie Dale?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I thought this was Bigs source.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Luis Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I thought this was Bigs source.

My source is insulted by this ^^^^
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Luis Garcia?? Somewhere in NOLA, Goncalves is weeping a lil bit.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Belmont Park

Entered on Friday in the 6th....Curatolo named again, doesn't appear too difficult a spot
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Luis Garcia?? Somewhere in NOLA, Goncalves is weeping a lil bit.
Sorry for the delay, but to set the record straight, it's NOT Luis Garcia, it's Ricardo Feliciano!