Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM
pgardn

Default O. Board?

Am I dreaming or does this horse run in a race everyother day?

Jeez is this lady made out of steel? What do her connections see in her that allows them to run her so much? She seems like a machine.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 PM
boldruler

She is a mare, there is no money in the shed. She can beat the boys too so why not keep running her as much as possible. Remember she is running on the grass, which is much easier on a horse than the dirt. The Nassau is a good spot for her.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Flaxen Mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
She is a mare, there is no money in the shed. She can beat the boys too so why not keep running her as much as possible. Remember she is running on the grass, which is much easier on a horse than the dirt. The Nassau is a good spot for her.

Agreed. Can't wait to see her this year in the BC.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:43 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
I know the turf is kind but there is a very simple reason for not running her so much. She will get worn down. And apparently she does not. My God this is a top flight horse, she can make high money in races spread evenly I would think. She has got to be a little bit special to run this much and with solid efforts.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Society Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
I know the turf is kind but there is a very simple reason for not running her so much. She will get worn down. And apparently she does not. My God this is a top flight horse, she can make high money in races spread evenly I would think. She has got to be a little bit special to run this much and with solid efforts.

Not only does she run often, she travels around the world. Gotta love this girl. She tries everytime. Also Bravo to Lord Derby; if she was owned by any other big name stables/owners she probably would have been retired after her colyndlar (sp) fracture last year.