2 Echo of Light
1 Court Masterpiece
3 Rob Roy
7 Aussie Rules
4 Vanderlin

From Sporting Life...

ARAAFA READY FOR SUSSEX ASSIGNMENT
By Keith Hamer, PA Sport

Araafa will aim to complete a Group One hat-trick when he takes on his elders for the first time in the Cantor Spreadfair Sussex Stakes at Goodwood on Wednesday.

The Irish 2000 Guineas and St James's Palace Stakes winner was cut to 11-10 favourite from 5-4 with Coral after seven horses were declared at the 48-hour stage.

Trainer Jeremy Noseda reports Araafa's preparation to have gone smoothly.

"I have been delighted with the horse's preparation. He had a little blow on Saturday morning and that pleased me," the Newmarket handler told www.jeremynoseda.com.

"I feel he is approaching the race in every bit as good a shape as he was before Royal Ascot.

"Alan Munro will again take the ride on him."

The other three-year-old in the contest is French 2000 Guineas victor Aussie Rules.

The Aidan O'Brien-trained colt took on his elders last time when fourth to David Junior in the Coral-Eclipse at Sandown.

James Fanshawe's multiple Group One scorer Soviet Song makes her third successive appearance in the race and will be ridden by Johnny Murtagh.

The winner in 2004, the six-year-old mare was runner-up to Proclamation 12 months ago.

Ed Dunlop saddles Court Masterpiece, who looked a shade unlucky when second to Ad Valorem in the Queen Anne Stakes, while Sir Michael Stoute's Rob Roy bids to bounce back from a disappointing run in the Lockinge Stakes when he was sixth to stablemate Peeress.

Supplementary entry Echo Of Light represents Godolphin, with Andrew Balding's Vanderlin completing the line-up.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Johannesburg

Goodwood races will be on TVG this week.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannesburg
Goodwood races will be on TVG this week.
That's great cause i really want to watch Iffraaj win tomorrow, and I'll bet Moodwalker does too.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
That's great cause i really want to watch Iffraaj win tomorrow, and I'll bet Moodwalker does too.
Iffraaj won!

From Sky Sports...

SPARKLING IFFRAAJ ROUTS RIVALS

Iffraaj turned the Group Two Betfair Cup (Registered As The Lennox Stakes) into a procession with a comfortable victory in the day's feature race.

Frankie Dettori made it a quick-fire double when Iffraaj, second in the July Cup at Newmarket on his last start, he was sent off the 6-4 favourite to make amends and did so in no uncertain terms, with the result never looking in doubt at any stage.

The Italian settled his mount in second and took up the running from the pace-setting Suggestive with two furlongs to go.

He quickly put distance between himself and his pursuers to score by an easy four lengths from Jedburgh (40-1) and Assertive (33-1).
Old 08-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Saratoga

Good for Court Masterpiece!

Soviet Song 2nd, Rob Roy 3rd.....

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 08-02-2006 at 09:29 AM.