Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2022, 12:56 PM
The Curragh

Default 🏇 Chad Brown = Arrested 🙀

SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY (WRGB) — Chad Brown, known as an accomplished horse trainer, has been arrested on charges, according to Saratoga Springs Police.

The Mechanicville native was arrested, charged with criminal obstruction of breathing, a misdemeanor.

According to Saratoga Springs Police, Brown, 43, was arrested on Wednesday. According to Police the incident occurred with an acquaintance was known to him.

He was arraigned on Thursday, with bail set at $2,500.

Back in 2019 he was forced to pay more than $1.6 million dollars in back wages and penalties to workers at the Saratoga Race Course and other New York tracks.

MORE: Mechanicville horse racing trainer
to pay 1.6 million in back wages track workers

According to the US Department of Labor, Brown and his company violated the fair labor standards act by failing to pay grooms and hot walkers, failing to pay overtime, and failing to keep required time and payroll records.

🐯 MAY THE PURRRRR BE WITH YOU 😻

WEBSITE ===> www.RUFFIAN333.com

🐎 Horses 🏇
😻 Cats 😸
🐶 Dogs 🐕
📖 Poetry 🖊
🎶 Lyrics 🎵

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com
Old 08-18-2022, 04:43 PM
The Curragh

I didn't understand it when I read it so since you posted it here could you explain it to me?
Old 08-18-2022, 04:44 PM
The Curragh

I only copied it from the BLOODHORSE
I just thought it would be of interest to the players

I don’t know anything more than you do by reading it

Old 08-18-2022, 06:04 PM
Oriental Park

RQ, here is a link to a more extensive article concerning this incident as reported in the drf. Perhaps it will shed a bit more light for you.

https://www.drf.com/news/chad-brown-...tion-breathing
Old 08-18-2022, 08:07 PM
The Curragh

Thanks JB. Bloodhorse needs some better proof readers.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:42 PM
The Curragh

Four-time Eclipse Award-winning trainer Chad Brown was arrested Aug. 17 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., on a Class A
misdemeanor charge of criminal obstruction of breathing, the Saratoga Springs Police Department told BloodHorse Aug. 18.

According to the police department, a complaint was taken at 11 p.m. ET Wednesday regarding an incident that occurred involving Brown, 43, and an acquaintance known to him.
According to local reports from Brown's Thursday morning arraignment in Saratoga Springs City Court, assistant district attorney
Kayla Potter told Judge Francine Vero that Brown pushed a woman down a flight of stairs at his home, pinned her to the ground, and tried to choke her before throwing her out of the house.

Brown's attorney, Joseph Gerstenzang, told
the judge the woman who was attacked broke into Brown’s house in the middle of the night and Brown was defending himself. Gerstenzang, who entered a not guilty plea on Brown's behalf, did not return a call from BloodHorse seeking comment.

Brown was released Thursday morning on a $2,500 cash bail. He will be required to appear before Judge Vero at 9 a.m., Sept. 2, according to Saratoga Springs City Court.

Local reports said Judge Vero issued an order of protection for the alleged victim, permitting only "incidental contact" between herself and Brown, since both work at Saratoga Race Course.

New York state penal code 121.11 defines criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation as applying pressure on the throat or neck of an individual with the intent to impede the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of another person, or blocking the nose or mouth of such person with the same intent.

A Class A misdemeanor conviction in New York carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail or three years of probation.

Old 08-19-2022, 12:32 PM
Suffolk Downs

I read the TDN story and it gave more info on the circumstances. Said Brown apparently gave the exercise rider he was dating a key to his house, then she went there at 11 or so at night, let herself in, found him in bed with another woman then the argument/fight ensued.

It's generally not a good idea to give one dating partner a key and the impression they can come by anytime, if he did indeed give her that impression, then be having sex with other people.

Sorry to miss last week, was getting my property ready to sell which took a lot of time and work, but now it's done, on the market and I can relax again until it's sold and I can move!
Old 08-20-2022, 08:45 AM
Narragansett Park

It looks like she wasn't into wearing a bridle and spit the bit....