Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
It's on me, just didn't expect it from someone I've always helped out and pretty much have anything I could/saved his life/kept out of trouble. Lesson learned.
if he's a thief, he's a thief. and i'm sure he justified it to himself, taking from you.
i'd call him. tell him 'i know what you did, make it right'.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Last thing for the night, if Manti Teo doesn't win the heisman then that award is officially offensive players only. I honestly think they will give it to him and he is well deserving of it. He embodies what a college athlete should be on and off the field, class act.
Quote:
If it was NDs qb tommy Rees goon for heisman if say absolutely not after he was arrested before the season. This award is a privilege, you should be held to a higher standard to win the award although I know that hasn't always been the case. Try finding dirt on manti teo, you'll be looking a long time and come up empty.
In retrospect....this is some pretty funny sh.it.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
yes it is! OVER-hyped LB and MUCH More OVER-hyped nd football team!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I'm waiting for more info to come out, but I still say his caring personality was taken advantage of and he was sucked in to fall in love with a girl he thought was sick and dying. Only thing I can fault him for is making up parts of the story, but I think that was out of embarrassment that he was in love with someone strictly online. The truth will come out, trust me I wasn't always defending manti. I called my buddies and my dad when news first broke and told them I can't believe this guy and I lost all respect for manti. Once I calmed down and heard more facts I began to believe he is that same high character guy and will believe until proven otherwise.

And you guys thought ND was no longer relevant, this **** is bigger than lance Armstrong simply because it happened at ND.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
yeah, i was thinking of those comments after i first heard about teo. people have got to stop thinking ability or talent equals 'good guy'.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I'm waiting for more info to come out, but I still say his caring personality was taken advantage of and he was sucked in to fall in love with a girl he thought was sick and dying. Only thing I can fault him for is making up parts of the story, but I think that was out of embarrassment that he was in love with someone strictly online. The truth will come out, trust me I wasn't always defending manti. I called my buddies and my dad when news first broke and told them I can't believe this guy and I lost all respect for manti. Once I calmed down and heard more facts I began to believe he is that same high character guy and will believe until proven otherwise.

And you guys thought ND was no longer relevant, this **** is bigger than lance Armstrong simply because it happened at ND.
yeah, he's clean as the driven snow...that's why he was still talking about his dead g/f weeks after he'd found it was a hoax.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

How do you know he has a caring personality? Teammates came out today and said they barely knew him.

How can you be such a leader...yet your teammates barely know you?

At the very least, he lied when he continued this nonsense when he "found out" the whole thing was a hoax in late December. Do high character guys continue to lie..or do they take on issues?

Ask yourself this...if Deadspin never uncovered this, would he ever have admitted it all? I say no way.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
How do you know he has a caring personality? Teammates came out today and said they barely knew him.

How can you be such a leader...yet your teammates barely know you?

At the very least, he lied when he continued this nonsense when he "found out" the whole thing was a hoax in late December. Do high character guys continue to lie..or do they take on issues?

Ask yourself this...if Deadspin never uncovered this, would he ever have admitted it all? I say no way.
Don't say teammates, it was on teammate from everything I found. Teo and his family I believe were waiting it out to try to figure out the persons motive, possibly distortion??? Plenty notre dame players are blasting whoever this anonymous teammate is right now calling him a cowherd after everything they've been through this year. Plenty of guys know him and check his charity work.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 PM
The Curragh

Everyone says the guy did not go out and party and if he wasn't at practice or studying for his classes he was watching movies and laying low. Not the typical college student and dubbed a homebody. Why is it so far fetched that he fell in love with someone online and then the story spiraled out of control?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Don't say teammates, it was on teammate from everything I found. Teo and his family I believe were waiting it out to try to figure out the persons motive, possibly distortion??? Plenty notre dame players are blasting whoever this anonymous teammate is right now calling him a cowherd after everything they've been through this year. Plenty of guys know him and check his charity work.
Mike Golic talked about this morning how he didn't know him at all. Not that Golic is the end all be all, but he knows most of the team, but doesn't know him at all. Kind of odd...no?

You can continue to avoid the mounting evidence that the kid isn't the saint you have made him out to be. Sorry I have a hard time believing he's a saint and if you read the reports (not the ones on ND fans message boards) he always had reasons why reporters couldn't talk to either the made up girls family...or see pictures...anything to verify she actually existed.

I realize you'll keep ignoring this, but I'm going to keep asking. If deadspin never uncovered this, do you think Teo would have ever said anything?

Also, you don't find it just a little questionable that a college guy with the resources to have pretty much any girl on his or any campus would choose to basically have a pen pal for a girlfriend? He never wanted to meet her? Never wanted to Skype? Didn't go to her funeral?

Come on man.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM
The Curragh

Mormons are strange people, and yes he was going to let the story out... I explained that he was waiting to see if the motive was distortion so he could move on it legally. Now he can't.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Mormons are strange people, and yes he was going to let the story out... I explained that he was waiting to see if the motive was distortion so he could move on it legally. Now he can't.
Wanna buy a bridge?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM
The Curragh

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2498345.html
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Keeneland

I remember when I believed everything my favorite athletes said. Then I turned 10 and realized I was being an idiot.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
extortion ?
is that what you mean?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Frankly, Notre Dame players blasting another for telling the truth doesn't hold water. Read the link below and see how Notre Dame players rush to the defense of their teammates, even after the teammate allegedly committied a heinous crime.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountabi...stions-answers

Quote:
Not long after they left the police station, Lizzy did hear from the player's friend again: "Don't do anything you would regret," he wrote. "Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea."
Quote:
There, her mother made breakfast and her father watched in horror as the young woman received text after text from the player's friends. "My wife and I looked at them, and they were trying to silence this girl." After the father informed Notre Dame officials about the texts, he said, they promised to get the guys to "knock it off."
I'm sure the crimes and cover ups happen at many other Univerisities and I am not trying to single out ND, but the blind defense "because players are blasting" another, should not be used in this case.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

You can add this statement to your funny sh1t list Hossy.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
what is that?

at any rate, teo isn't the up and up person you seem to think he is. at the very least, he allowed the deception to continue after supposedly realizing it was a hoax.
teo claimed that he met this girl in 09, exchanged numbers. now it was suddenly all online? this is what happens when ones lies snowball. he's not too bright about all this, and he's lying. the only question now is how big a part he played in the whole hoax.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
extortion ?
is that what you mean?
i posted yesterday it doesn't fit the definition of extortion, so now i think he's making things up. you know, like his fave nd player is doing.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Frankly, Notre Dame players blasting another for telling the truth doesn't hold water. Read the link below and see how Notre Dame players rush to the defense of their teammates, even after the teammate allegedly committied a heinous crime.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountabi...stions-answers

I'm sure the crimes and cover ups happen at many other Univerisities and I am not trying to single out ND, but the blind defense "because players are blasting" another, should not be used in this case.
well done bigs, excellent point.

and as for the above, where you quote him saying it's only big cause it's at notre dame.....how utterly ridiculous. the guy came in second in heisman voting, and at least one voter said yes, part of the reason he voted for the lyin hawaiian is the back story...and his team was just in the title game. so yeah, if nd was unranked and no bowl and it was a linebacker who produced as much all year as in the title game, we'd still hear about this story?? lol suuuure.