Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but why do two guys wear #5?

for me It was just one more reason to root for Bama.
in college 2 guys can wear the same number BUT Can NOT be on the field at the same time.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide View Post
in college 2 guys can wear the same number BUT Can NOT be on the field at the same time.
Unless you happen to be ND playing at home in OT against Pitt...then they miss that call
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

so texas a m is the best team in the country..
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM
The Curragh

Score shows it probably didn't matter but who knows, on ND's first drive Eifert clearly caught the ball before going out of bounds but the refs flubbed that call.

And I still think it should be 7-0 Alabama but Notre Dames ball on their 30 yard line after the fumbled punt and terrible interference call by the refs yet again. Momentum would have been huge.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
Score shows it probably didn't matter but who knows, on ND's first drive Eifert clearly caught the ball before going out of bounds but the refs flubbed that call.

And I still think it should be 7-0 Alabama but Notre Dames ball on their 30 yard line after the fumbled punt and terrible interference call by the refs yet again. Momentum would have been huge.
Please stop.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

I think your last post was correct, lets not play the what if game. ND was just not physically up to the task. They were beat by a better more physical team. A few calls would not have changed the outcome. ND had a great year.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I think your last post was correct, lets not play the what if game. ND was just not physically up to the task. They were beat by a better more physical team. A few calls would not have changed the outcome. ND had a great year.
I agree Alabama was the better team and NDs only chance was to catch breaks and gain momentum. Can everyone agree the refs blew that fumbled punt? Things would have looked alot better and it would have at least been 7-3 if not 7-7 early and who knows way might have happened.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
I agree Alabama was the better team and NDs only chance was to catch breaks and gain momentum. Can everyone agree the refs blew that fumbled punt? Things would have looked alot better and it would have at least been 7-3 if not 7-7 early and who knows way might have happened.
Even if it was 7-7 Notre Dame would have still gotten the sh.it kicked out of them. They looked like they didn't belong on the field last night with Alabama.

I'm so sick of reading Notre Dame homers whining about the refs. You guys got crushed. In every facet of the game.

If you're going to talk sh.it for the last 4 months, you can't really whine when your team gets destroyed like that.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
The Curragh

On a diff topic, I had a party last night with family and close friends. One of my buddies invited one of my use to be best friends over who is addicted to methadone, Xanax, adderal. $300 was stolen out of my drawer and I know from the past he is a thief, I've seen him steal from people numerous times. He was in my wedding and once my best friend, I have kept him out of trouble and always gave him money when he needed help.

Question is, should I call him out for it?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Keeneland

Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
On a diff topic, I had a party last night with family and close friends. One of my buddies invited one of my use to be best friends over who is addicted to methadone, Xanax, adderal. $300 was stolen out of my drawer and I know from the past he is a thief, I've seen him steal from people numerous times. He was in my wedding and once my best friend, I have kept him out of trouble and always gave him money when he needed help.

huh?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
huh?
Just venting out on here, rambling on.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Please stop.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 AM
The Curragh

Bama kicked our ass, actually made it less painful and easier to handle.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Bama kicked our ass, actually made it less painful and easier to handle.
Hey, I'm an LSU alum and fan...at least your team crossed midfield and scored some points
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

No, you just let him get over on you.

You show up at his house (or his job, if he has one) and you drag him out of there by his hair and lay a beatdown on him. Or you just slander him on facebook for his friends and family to see.

I know one thing, people that fit that description never make it to the foyer of my home. If they did and stuff comes up missing, I'm blaming myself.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
No, you just let him get over on you.

You show up at his house (or his job, if he has one) and you drag him out of there by his hair and lay a beatdown on him. Or you just slander him on facebook for his friends and family to see.

I know one thing, people that fit that description never make it to the foyer of my home. If they did and stuff comes up missing, I'm blaming myself.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM
The Curragh

It's on me, just didn't expect it from someone I've always helped out and pretty much have anything I could/saved his life/kept out of trouble. Lesson learned.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
It's on me, just didn't expect it from someone I've always helped out and pretty much have anything I could/saved his life/kept out of trouble. Lesson learned.
I think your buddy should shoulder some (actually most) of the blame, he's the one who invited the guy to your party.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
You pretty much had a bad night all around.