Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Flemington

Default UNC.........

Is my pick to win the National Championship. Best player in the country, Mr. Barnes is a total stud and can lead this team all the way. The bracket is brutal, far and away the best collection of teams IMO so UNC will have to be ready everynight. It just sucks that Syracuse and them will meet up early because I thought Cuse was sitting on a deep run.
I dont think any of the #1 seeds make the final four. I think BYU and San Diego State are both capable of making deep runs. Notre Dame is deadly also, and Arizona can beat Texas and Duke.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Coach Pants

GPK and Chuck just died a little on the inside.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Pretty wide open this year imo, I like BYU and San Diego State but Duke knows how to win and a number of Big East teams have the potential to upset things.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Sha Tin

Please shoot me
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM

This might be the worst tournament analysis I've ever seen.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
This might be the worst tournament analysis I've ever seen.
Come back in a month.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM

It's very clear from your analysis that you've watched little, if any, basketball this season. Arizona stinks - find me their quality non-conference win - and BYU is a shell of its former self because they have, quite literally, zero interior presence.

And the only thing I can think of in the Harrison Barnes "best player in the country" proclamation is that you're either high or you're somehow channeling the idiocy of Dick Vitale. Or some combination thereof. It's embarrassing.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:03 PM

You also know that if zero #1 seeds made the Final Four, it would be the second time it's happened since tournament expansion, right? There's a reason why teams are seeded #1, and in a year where pretty much everybody has glaring flaws, there's no chance that the Final Four is completely lacking in top seeds.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Coach Pants

He watches ESPN. They were blowing UNC before the ACC tournament.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
He watches ESPN. They were blowing UNC before the ACC tournament.
Before the seasson started in a thread somewhere in this sports room I said UNC and Cuse for future wagers..... 6 months ago.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Before the seasson started in a thread somewhere in this sports room I said UNC and Cuse for future wagers..... 6 months ago.
And we repeat, good luck with that.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Keeneland

I think Wofford is going to beat BYU outright in the first round. I'm going to bet them moneyline and take the 8 points.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
GPK and Chuck just died a little on the inside.
i better call and check on mr&mrs Heels.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Del Mar

I heard an interesting stat before yesterday's acc final. Duke and unc had met six times in the acc final. In the last five, the winner had won by at least 15 points and had gone on to the final four.

Carolina looked young yesterday.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:10 AM

The Dahlman kid on Wofford can play. A little undersized for the NBA, but BYU is so freaking thing on the interior that he should have a field day.

It's a big if, but if Chris Wright is back and ready to play, I'm ascared of the Hoyas. There was a time for about a month before he got hurt mid-February that Georgetown may have been playing the best basketball in the country.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide View Post
i better call and check on mr&mrs Heels.
Well I guess there is always next year.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Is my pick to win the National Championship. Best player in the country, Mr. Barnes is a total stud and can lead this team all the way. The bracket is brutal, far and away the best collection of teams IMO so UNC will have to be ready everynight. It just sucks that Syracuse and them will meet up early because I thought Cuse was sitting on a deep run.
I dont think any of the #1 seeds make the final four. I think BYU and San Diego State are both capable of making deep runs. Notre Dame is deadly also, and Arizona can beat Texas and Duke.
F*ck me running backwards
Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Pretty wide open this year imo, I like BYU and San Diego State but Duke knows how to win and a number of Big East teams have the potential to upset things.
I laughed at the two teams you like. I cant see either team escaping the second round, and BYU will be lucky to even get to the second round.

I filled out two pools at $25 a pop. Duke beating K State in the one, and Duke beating Pitt in the other. Although I'm a rabid Blue Devil hater since the Fab Five days, i just view their stellar defense as the reason to side with them this year. Good luck to everyone!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
I laughed at the two teams you like. I cant see either team escaping the second round, and BYU will be lucky to even get to the second round.

I filled out two pools at $25 a pop. Duke beating K State in the one, and Duke beating Pitt in the other. Although I'm a rabid Blue Devil hater since the Fab Five days, i just view their stellar defense as the reason to side with them this year. Good luck to everyone!!
I was looking for a couple longshots, I am a longtime Duke fan but repeating is hard, BYU is one of those teams who could lose in the first round or go deep into the tourney, San Diego State has flown under the radar all year, they could surprise a lot of folks. As I said, several Big East teams are capable of catching fire.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Hialeah Park

BYU is a one trick pony now that Davies decided to smash his way off the team. The interior of that team is a joke at best now. I also feel that SD St. lucked out with the 2 seed. They might get lucky and sneak into the 3rd round only to get their doors blown off by UConn. Best of luck to you though.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel