Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Idlewild Airport

Default Cutler Crying Game

What is it with these guys?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-311669
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Idlewild Airport

From Maurice Jones-Drew of Jacksonville: “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee … I played the whole season on one.”

Also from Jones-Drew: “Hey, I think the Urban Meyer rule is in effect right now. When the going gets tough … QUIT.”

From Derrick Brooks, formerly of Tampa Bay: “HEY there is no medicine for a guy with no guts and heart.”

We pause here to congratulate Jones-Drew on his new career as a diagnostician and Brooks for his post-NFL venture as both gastroenterologist and cardiologist. And now we move on.

From Deion Sanders, serial preener: “I’m telling you in the playoffs you must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro locker rooms this dude comes out! I apologize, Bear fans! . . . Folks I never question a player’s injury but I do question a player’s heart.”

Also from Deion: “I better see Dr. [James] Andrews operate live on Cutler and [backup Todd] Collins tonight after the game on NFL network. Truth.”

Here we note that the same Deion Sanders left the Atlanta Braves in the middle of a postseason series to fly to Miami to play for the Falcons. (He was back, via private plane, for that night’s baseball game in Pittsburgh, but his relationship with the Braves never recovered.) And again we move on.

From Gerald Alexander, Carolina safety: “I’ve never played in a playoff game. This guy was one game away and he quit! That’s BS!”

And here we note that if any player would seem to know something about pain, it would be a Panther: Carolina lost 14 times in 16 games, which put the Panthers not one game away from the Super Bowl but a dozen. And yet again we move on.

From Darnell Dockett, Arizona tackle: “If I’m on [the] Chicago team, Jay Cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room! #FACT”

From Mark Schlereth, lineman-turned-ESPN-chatterbox: “As a guy who had 20 knee surgeries, you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game! #justsaying”
Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Newmarket

The "twadders" should just shut up!

http://www.suntimes.com/3468147-417/...mcl-smith.html

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Hialeah Park

Cutler can be an arrogant SOB, but he got a bad rap on this one.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Santa Anita

I am withholding judgement until I hear the diagnosis.

Having said that, in my eyes Cutler hasn't ever inspired a lot of confidence or shown the leadership qualities of say, Aaron Rodgers. A lot of players and pundits would seem to agree. But that's not a good enough reason to condemn him for not staying in the game yesterday.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Cutler can be an arrogant SOB, but he got a bad rap on this one.
He could've at least acted like he was more into the outcome of the game while he was standing on the sidelines. The look on his face almost looked as if he didnt want Caleb Haine kid to even do well. He had one of those red-cheeked fake smiles on when the kid made the nice out to Knox to set up the first td.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
He could've at least acted like he was more into the outcome of the game while he was standing on the sidelines. The look on his face almost looked as if he didnt want Caleb Haine kid to even do well. He had one of those red-cheeked fake smiles on when the kid made the nice out to Knox to set up the first td.
I agree with that. Even if the injury was legit, throw on a headset and at least try.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Exactly. The problem is the way he acted after he was out.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Wow, so now the guy can't even smile right. That looked real to me, must've been a mistake for the network to show it.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Flemington

My issue with him, is that at one point they showed him riding the bike trying to stay loose. If he could do that, I feel like he could have went back into the game and toughed it out. Obviously part of the play book would go out the window, but as far as I'm concerned, I feel like the Bears would have a better shot with Cutler at say 60% then the other two guys at 100%.

Also him sulking on the bench wouldn't do wonders for my overall feeling towards the guy. Pick up a damn clipboard and earpiece and try to help the other guys (and team) out instead of sitting on the bench doing nothing.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Coach Pants

He's socially retar.ded. He would be an excellent nerdy trail poster.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Zack Follett says Matthew Stafford is tougher than Cutler, and I'm pretty sure Stafford has a shoulder made out of paper towels and silly string.

Cutler could have gone out there if he wanted to - see Rivers, Phillip circa 2007.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMugg View Post
Wow, so now the guy can't even smile right. That looked real to me, must've been a mistake for the network to show it.
Wow, so now im not allowed my take on the way he looked? Difference of opinion pal, which is why some land on even money charges and others take stabs at prices.

Defend him for his actions of that day all you want, but he p.ussied up when his team needed him most.

When the score became 21-14, did you see him on the bench trying to fire up the defense for one big stop? I sure as $hit didnt! He was wewwied about the cold wike a wittle gewl!

btw, i could watch football more intuitively than you with my eyes closed!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Jack Youngblood played with a fractured leg one week after it happened. Ronnie Lott has part of his finger amputated rather than miss 4-6 weeks of a season. If Cutler really wanted to, he would have taken some painkillers, and played the rest of the game whilst hobbling about, the same way Ben Roethlisberger or Brady played for practically the entire season. But he's a puss and he sat on the bench when his team needed him most. And that is why he's a loser.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Jack Youngblood played with a fractured leg one week after it happened. Ronnie Lott has part of his finger amputated rather than miss 4-6 weeks of a season. If Cutler really wanted to, he would have taken some painkillers, and played the rest of the game whilst hobbling about, the same way Ben Roethlisberger or Brady played for practically the entire season. But he's a puss and he sat on the bench when his team needed him most. And that is why he's a loser.
yeah maybe, but you are forgetting about the passes he threw into the first row.....how does his team need that ???? he was hurt and not even in the right zip code throwing the ball in the biggest game of the year...ok they would of won with him in there.....like that
Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Woodbine

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-312293

Let the comedy continue
Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
He's socially retar.ded. He would be an excellent nerdy trail poster.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Wow, so now im not allowed my take on the way he looked? Difference of opinion pal, which is why some land on even money charges and others take stabs at prices.

Defend him for his actions of that day all you want, but he p.ussied up when his team needed him most.

When the score became 21-14, did you see him on the bench trying to fire up the defense for one big stop? I sure as $hit didnt! He was wewwied about the cold wike a wittle gewl!

btw, i could watch football more intuitively than you with my eyes closed!
You're right, pal, difference of opinion. My point was when he did show the emotion everybody wanted, it wasn't genuine enough for some. The media doesn't like the guy, they are gonna show the worst of him every chance they get.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:15 PM

Someone mentioned to me that Cutler is type A diabetic, which makes me have a little less harsh of an opinion of him, but I still think he's a quitter.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

we found our new qb..hes the 3rd stringer who sacked up..cuttler/collins suck and should be fired