Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985
I think your confused... This is also the synthetic era now, and Z is a freak on it. I think Zensationals top beyer is a 111... I dont remember LITF running anything that high.
Except for that 116, if I recall. And that 109 as a 2-year old.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
Your probablly right, I said I dont remember and Im not paying for his pp's on drf. Im trying to find them on formulator but its not working.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Del Mar

LITF was much faster (to date) than Zensational but then again, the Zen Master has yest to be in a race that forces his hand. So you never know, he may have one in him that could rival a 115 like number. I think XTra Heat was much faster too. I was never a big Henny Hughes fan.

The thing that Zensational has going for him is the surface, and lack of significant high quality challengers that have shown an ability to run well on this crap. Henny Hughes was facing top flight dirt sprinters on a dirt track. Fatal Bullet looks like the other synthetics lover, but I think it kind of hurts both of their chances given their styles of running are exactly the same. I wasnt that impressed with Fatal Bullet's race on Friday either. I would use Zensational at 6/5 before I used Fatal Bullet at 3/1.

I will either be taking a shot against him or just passing the race.

How about Kodiak Kowboy and his chances? Perfect running style for the crap, and I believe he had a few races on it early in his career, maybe at Keeneland?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
LITF was much faster (to date) than Zensational but then again, the Zen Master has yest to be in a race that forces his hand. So you never know, he may have one in him that could rival a 115 like number. I think XTra Heat was much faster too. I was never a big Henny Hughes fan.

The thing that Zensational has going for him is the surface, and lack of significant high quality challengers that have shown an ability to run well on this crap. Henny Hughes was facing top flight dirt sprinters on a dirt track. Fatal Bullet looks like the other synthetics lover, but I think it kind of hurts both of their chances given their styles of running are exactly the same. I wasnt that impressed with Fatal Bullet's race on Friday either. I would use Zensational at 6/5 before I used Fatal Bullet at 3/1.

I will either be taking a shot against him or just passing the race.

How about Kodiak Kowboy and his chances? Perfect running style for the crap, and I believe he had a few races on it early in his career, maybe at Keeneland?
Beyer wise, I think Zensationals top is a 111 and hes been in between 104-111... the key IMO is he's so lightly raced, how does he not stilll have room to improve... If someone could post LITF/HH pp's it would be appreciated.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
http://www.drf.com/row/pps/lostinthefog.pdf

http://www.drf.com/bc/2009/pps/Zensational.pdf
Old 10-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Flemington

Thanks for the PPS.

So at Bay Meadows and Calder LITF ran 2 beyers higher then Z's top. I think Z is better.
Zensational has won 3 Grade 1's, LITF 1.
I will take that anyday.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Thanks for the PPS.

So at Bay Meadows and Calder LITF ran 2 beyers higher then Z's top. I think Z is better.
Zensational has won 3 Grade 1's, LITF 1.
I will take that anyday
That's an absolutely idiotic measuring stick.

NT
Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215

NT
So then what would you measure them by? Read how Crist felt about LITF, even trip after easy trip vs no ones.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
So then what would you measure them by? Read how Crist felt about LITF, even trip after easy trip vs no ones.
I wouldn't measure them by anything because comparisons like this are dumb. There's absolutely no way to do it intelligently. They both got good at the right time and had very little competition that was worth noting. One flopped in the biggest race of his life, we'll see how the other one does.

The only race where LITF got away with anything ridiculous was at CrC but otherwise, when you go :44 and change you often make your own trip.

NT
Old 10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

NT
It is but I've seen it used here alot by others who dont get called out. Please mind your own business, work on the spelling and leave him alone. I need his views in the rest of the races and we have about 10 more categories to go.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Churchill Downs

Rip Van Winkle
Old 10-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
I wouldn't measure them by anything because comparisons like this are dumb. There's absolutely no way to do it intelligently. They both got good at the right time and had very little competition that was worth noting. One flopped in the biggest race of his life, we'll see how the other one does.

The only race where LITF got away with anything ridiculous was at CrC but otherwise, when you go :44 and change you often make your own trip.

NT

I wouldn't say he "flopped", I'd say he had a cancerous tumor the size of a football and still ran his guts out, the fact he was on the track that day still trying to win was kind of amazing.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
It is but I've seen it used here alot by others who dont get called out. Please mind your own business, work on the spelling and leave him alone. I need his views in the rest of the races and we have about 10 more categories to go.

Chuck I wont take this anymore. My handicapping skills are improving, check the selections room, this weekend I did well. Everything posted well ahead of time.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Dancer
I was interested in Family Foundation in the Bourbon Stakes last Saturday and will stay interested in him in he goes in the Juv Turf.
FYI.......
Family Foundation is running in the 7th race at Calder on Saturday the 14th in the Arthur I Appleton Juvenile Turf.