Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Actually it was great. I LOVE that horse and got Godolphin 7 stars points. I'm thrilled he looked so good cause there were some monsters in this one. To me, anyway.....

I take it you don't like Iffraaj?

One of my favorites.

From Sporting Life...

SPEEDY ARCS COMPLETES BIG SPRINT DOUBLE
By Martin Kelly, PA Sport

Les Arcs landed a second Group One victory in as many starts as he held on for a game success in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket.

Tim Pitt's charge won the Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot last time and he confirmed the form again over six furlongs on the July course.

Having hit the front inside for the final furlong under John Egan, the 10-1 shot held the fast-finishing Iffraaj by a head with Ashdown Express back in third.

Australian raider Takeover Target, winner of the King's Stand Stakes, took the field along but could not keep up the gallop before his compatriot Falkirk joined him.

However, Egan was just hitting top gear on Les Arcs and the six-year-old powered through to take over inside the distance.

The biggest challenge came from Frankie Dettori on Godolphin's Iffraaj (11-2) but he could not get a clear run when it mattered.

He flew in the final few yards but the brave Les Arcs was not to be denied a big-race double.

Ashdown Express ran his usual game race in third to finish a further three-quarters of a length adrift.

"He's absolutely amazing. I was concerned as he wasn't as quickly away but John sat and waited. We know he stays and we know he keeps going," Pitt told Channel 4 Racing.

"I was just waiting for that line to come. I thought Frankie (Dettori) was going to do us but he is an absolute superstar.

"I'm delighted for the horse. He's proved now that his win in the Jubilee was not a fluke and that he's a serious horse in his own right."

Egan, who also won the race 12 months ago on Pastoral Pursuits, added: "It was great last year and it's absolutely fantastic this time too.

"He's a great horse. He's just improved, he's very honest and has just improved."

Dettori believed the interference cost him victory.

He said: "I got checked at the furlong-and-a-half pole and it cost me the
race."

Simon Crisford, Godolphin's racing manager, said: "It was a big run and I was pleased to see him go so well today.

"He will be entered in all the championship races from six furlongs to a mile including the Sussex Stakes. He got into a bit of a barging match today."

Wall, trainer of Ashdown Express, said: "We've run well. Les Arcs beat us at Ascot and he's done it again today.

"This shows the form book to be true. Everything went right for my horse. I just wish he could put his head in front one day."
I played IFFRAAJ,and of course he had trouble enough to get beat.Another tough beat.Wish you never wrote the thread,and I could have avoided another tough beat.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Personal Note:

Good friends of mine own the July Lodge ... a large, private home directly across London Road from the Rowley Course.

This thread about the July Cup brings back fond memories of staying there.

OK ... back to the original thread.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I played IFFRAAJ,and of course he had trouble enough to get beat.Another tough beat.Wish you never wrote the thread,and I could have avoided another tough beat.
Oh sorry! I'll keep my mouth shut next time he runs.

Or try to.....
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Personal Note:

Good friends of mine own the July Lodge ... a large, private home directly across London Road from the Rowley Course.

This thread about the July Cup brings back fond memories of staying there.

OK ... back to the original thread.
Well it's nice to you making a pleasant post and thanks for not insulting any of these fine horses.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Oh sorry! I'll keep my mouth shut next time he runs.

Or try to.....

You can do what you want.I am just being honest.I wish you hadn't brought up this race to our attention. Who needs another horse failing to get up(due to trouble) Not,me.I wished I never was informed of the race.I don't think it is unusual to think that.It's just that not many people will say it.Pss on races like that where the best horse is cost the race due to trouble.Pss a gallon on them.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:12 PM
rockhardtenfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
You can do what you want.I am just being honest.I wish you hadn't brought up this race to our attention. Who needs another horse failing to get up(due to trouble) Not,me.I wished I never was informed of the race.I don't think it is unusual to think that.It's just that not many people will say it.Pss on races like that where the best horse is cost the race due to trouble.Pss a gallon on them.
Dude, chill, she didn't make u play the race.
I don't follow the Euros but I did want Takeover Target to to win again.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhardtenfan
Dude, chill, she didn't make u play the race.
I don't follow the Euros but I did want Takeover Target to to win again.
I didn't say she made me play the race.I said I wish she never wrote about the race.Just another race where the best horse has trouble,and can't get up.