Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2020, 10:02 AM
Golden Gate

Interesting how Dubb dumped Rudy when his numbers went down yet he knew nothing. Lol. Even more interesting that Rudy must have found out last year when they were investigating as he went from a 30% trainer to 15% overnight.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:59 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTHERAIL View Post
Interesting how Dubb dumped Rudy when his numbers went down yet he knew nothing. Lol. Even more interesting that Rudy must have found out last year when they were investigating as he went from a 30% trainer to 15% overnight.
....I have become suspicious of just about everything. I know there are good people in racing but I cant get that $hitty taste out of my mouth when I watch a race now. Its disgusting that my perception over rules the reality of the game to the point that it is almost ruined for me. Maybe I just too ignorant of the game and just need to take a break for awhile

"Perception is Reality. ... be they your peers, subordinates, or superiors, how they perceive you is reality to them—and how you perceive yourself has nothing to do with it. It means that your behaviors and their results matter infinitely more than your intentions"
Old 03-13-2020, 07:24 PM
Cahokia Downs

Default doing nothing

I've tried to read and understand all the information from Monday and listen to the comments from knowledgeable people in the game. It's comforting some cheaters will go to jail and maybe put a few that were under the Feds radar on notice. If the Jockey club initiated some investigation that contributed here then they deserve credit for some action.

What's not comforting is the fact that Florida and NJ state racing commissions and Gulfstream & Monmouth track management did nothing - for several years. The people who host the races and certify their 'fair' competition did nothing. No inquiry, no investigation, no vet reviews or auditing , no monitoring. And maybe, with Navaro didn't know about dead horse removal from the track? Don't tell me that its a new day and we are moving forward. Tell me why another dime should be wagered or spent with these tracks???
Old 03-13-2020, 07:30 PM
Narragansett Park

Related to these first 27 names in the indictments, we now have names 28 and 29 including Rene Allard and Rich Banca from the harness racing game - top two "trainers" at Yonkers. (Sorry for the diversion from t-bred action.)

See the details here : https://harnessracingupdate.com/pdf/...-13-Allard.pdf

If you want to understand just how ugly some of these injectables have been, take a look at the recorded conversation between Ross Cohen and Lou Grasso regarding the Allard barn on pages 3 and 4. Grasso is quoted as saying, "Their heart rate was like triple they were breathing real heavy their membranes were going f***ing purple".

This story continues.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTHERAIL View Post
Rudy still trains for Dubb (they have a horse running tomorrow) and was never a 30% trainer. His highest winning % was 26 in his first year of training, 2010. He’s been between 17-20% for the last 5 years.

Having said that, Dubb’s horses with Rudy always seem to run a bit better than Rudy’s other horses.

Last edited by Dahoss : 03-13-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
....I have become suspicious of just about everything. I know there are good people in racing but I cant get that $hitty taste out of my mouth when I watch a race now. Its disgusting that my perception over rules the reality of the game to the point that it is almost ruined for me. Maybe I just too ignorant of the game and just need to take a break for awhile

"Perception is Reality. ... be they your peers, subordinates, or superiors, how they perceive you is reality to them—and how you perceive yourself has nothing to do with it. It means that your behaviors and their results matter infinitely more than your intentions"
I see it differently Billy. We always suspected who the cheats were and this weeks actions are going to rid the game of them and put the fear of the FEDS into any that are still cheating. From a handicapping perspective I will let any previously trained Navarro or Servis beat me until they prove they can 3 or more times (All previously trained not individual horseS)

Last edited by jms62 : 03-14-2020 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:27 AM
Flemington

What about the trainers that weren't indicted? Does Blackberry Wine break his maiden for the third time today?
Old 03-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Detroit Race Course

Everyone is shocked, surprised......yeah, that' the ticket!

In God We Trust - all others, verify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
Old 03-15-2020, 12:06 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
Related to these first 27 names in the indictments, we now have names 28 and 29 including Rene Allard and Rich Banca from the harness racing game - top two "trainers" at Yonkers. (Sorry for the diversion from t-bred action.)

See the details here : https://harnessracingupdate.com/pdf/...-13-Allard.pdf

If you want to understand just how ugly some of these injectables have been, take a look at the recorded conversation between Ross Cohen and Lou Grasso regarding the Allard barn on pages 3 and 4. Grasso is quoted as saying, "Their heart rate was like triple they were breathing real heavy their membranes were going f***ing purple".

This story continues.
Surprised it took so long for allard. Seemed like it wasn't a secret in the harness industry.

Mr Gural quote "I'd rather go broke than to let Rene Allard race at my track"
Old 03-15-2020, 08:26 AM
Keeneland

Food for thought on a trainer who was not indicted but has been responsible for his fair share of move ups....Saffie Joseph was 26% last year and is currently 27%.

Since the indictments Monday, he’s 0 for 9 and really only one horse showed that patented multiple gears. Small sample size but I looked and he hasn’t gone 0 for 9 all year before this week and the last time he had a winless streak similar to this was May of last year.

I know it’s a small sample size and he will probably win his next 10 races but I found it interesting.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:54 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Food for thought on a trainer who was not indicted but has been responsible for his fair share of move ups....Saffie Joseph was 26% last year and is currently 27%.

Since the indictments Monday, he’s 0 for 9 and really only one horse showed that patented multiple gears. Small sample size but I looked and he hasn’t gone 0 for 9 all year before this week and the last time he had a winless streak similar to this was May of last year.

I know it’s a small sample size and he will probably win his next 10 races but I found it interesting.
Scared straight?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:00 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Scared straight?
His drug dealer is probably locked up.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:37 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Scared straight?
Wouldn’t you be?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:42 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Wouldn’t you be?
Absolutely that is why this is a great thing for the industry including bettors long term.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Detroit Race Course

Now 0 fer 16
Old 03-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Keeneland

LOL....there’s the energizer bunny bullish.it. All he needed was me to post about it
Old 03-15-2020, 02:05 PM
Belmont Park

Good to see A. Cheat Avila is still firing his gun.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:50 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Good to see A. Cheat Avila is still firing his gun.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:24 PM
Goodwood

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
The Jockey Club and their investigative unit have been working on that utilizing Thoro-Graph and AI.
Excellent news, it's about time.

When you see a guy claiming horses running 10's and then popping off 2's and 3's repeatedly, it's not real. We all know this.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsixfarms View Post
But he doesn't. Aside from a rather brief time when he used Joe Orseno about 15 years ago, Dubb's primary New York trainer has always been among the "suspects of the day." Against this backdrop, it is very disappointing when media who are supposed to know better try to portray him and the other "juice owners" that comprise the clientele of trainers like Servis and Navarro as "sharp" when the reality is that they are the game's more ethically challenged owners.

I'd love to have someone ask Mike Repole why he starting using Rudy and Navarro in the past year. Trying to keep up with the Dubbs?
So I can talk about it now because I'm no longer under him, but my former boss is Dubb's brother in law. I really had to bite my tongue whenever we talked about his upcoming races due to his questionable trainer choices. He knows.