Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
And yet you are quite sensitive to over the top and reaching opinions about American Pharaoh.

I blame the public school system.
wrong again, on both counts.

You previously were very sharp, so unless you recently enrolled, that's not likely it.

My best guess would be a strong bias. Say, against the horse, connections, etc.

Second guess would be traumas, be it emotional or some sort of head trauma.

Third would be you are an imposter, not the real Rollo. Maybe you've channelled the old pg1985, smooth operator, or even Somerset.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:51 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Where are these ridiculous comments you speak of?

Tongue-in-cheek. A softball lobbed at Freddy, who I presume is not sober at the moment.

Relax, American Pharaoh will be at least 2/5 in the Belmont.

It was 8pm..sober left the building at 6pm
Old 05-19-2015, 08:15 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Who knew Triple Crown winners had a profile. Did Smarty Jones get caught by Birdstone because he suddenly realized at the eighth pole that he wasn't 2YO champion?
Right, and I'm pretty sure Real Quiet was thinking to himself, "If only I'd been 2-yr-old Champion", while they were looking at the photo.

I agree it's nonsense. Similar to many of the Derby "angles" that are coughed up each year. I only quoted it to show there was nothing in it about "deserving" to be a TC winner that I could find.

--Dunbar
Old 05-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
wrong again, on both counts.

You previously were very sharp, so unless you recently enrolled, that's not likely it.

My best guess would be a strong bias. Say, against the horse, connections, etc.
Ridiculous. Just re-read this thread from the point after the Preakness was run.

The first comment on the race was someone saying that Mr. Z. made $45k running 5th. You come on with the second comment on the race. It is completely out of left field, whining about all the excuses being made for the also-rans and how AP should get a huge Beyer but probably won't (you know, because the whole universe is against him!). No one had even commented on the running of the race at that point.

Later, you come back on with a rant about weak crops and perfect setups and how everyone is accusing you of chest-thumping. The only Preakness comment in between is something about Martin Garcia helping out by keeping Dortmund off the lead.

So, again, I ask you: where are these ridiculous comments about American Pharaoh that you are crusading against?

Quote:
Second guess would be traumas, be it emotional or some sort of head trauma.
I thought that was required to post here. Aren't we all sitting around in white undershirts and pants waiting around for Nurse Ratched to turn on TVG?

Quote:
Third would be you are an imposter, not the real Rollo. Maybe you've channelled the old pg1985, smooth operator, or even Somerset.
Oddly, the only one to bite with a response to your hysterics is a poster (NavalOrange---the dam of Cryptoclearance) who posts even less frequently then I do.

Hmmmm. Imposters you say...

One might have just flown over the cuckoo's nest...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Dee Tee Stables

[quote=RolloTomasi;1027780]Ridiculous. Just re-read this thread from the point after the Preakness was run.

The first comment on the race was someone saying that Mr. Z. made $45k running 5th. You come on with the second comment on the race. It is completely out of left field, whining about all the excuses being made for the also-rans and how AP should get a huge Beyer but probably won't (you know, because the whole universe is against him!). No one had even commented on the running of the race at that point.

Later, you come back on with a rant about weak crops and perfect setups and how everyone is accusing you of chest-thumping. The only Preakness comment in between is something about Martin Garcia helping out by keeping Dortmund off the lead.

So, again, I ask you: where are these ridiculous comments about American Pharaoh that you are crusading against?

I thought that was required to post here. Aren't we all sitting around in white undershirts and pants waiting around for Nurse Ratched to turn on TVG?

Oddly, the only one to bite with a response to your hysterics is a poster (NavalOrange---the dam of Cryptoclearance) who posts even less frequently then I do.

Hmmmm. Imposters you say...

One might have just flown over the cuckoo's nest...[/QUOTE]

i wonder about that adage...because cuckoos don't nest. they lay their eggs in another birds nest after kicking out that birds eggs, and get the other bird to raise their kids.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i wonder about that adage...because cuckoos don't nest. they lay their eggs in another birds nest after kicking out that birds eggs, and get the other bird to raise their kids.
That's exactly what Indian Charlie is doing. His "ridiculous comments" are his eggs that he is trying to force upon us so that we hatch them and raise them so we can keep talking about American Pharaoh and he can strut and preen like a proud mama up and down these Derby Trail pages.

Don't be fooled.

Now get back on the bus....

Old 05-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Goodwood

Now you've done it Danzig.

Rollo is going to revise biology and tell you what you said isn't right.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

Damn, he already did it in the few seconds available to me.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:

Well, actually (pauses to push nerd glasses up on nose) only about 40 percent of cuckoo species worldwide are brood parasites. The rest do build their own nests.

(pause)

(push glasses back up nose)

I liked that book.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
That's exactly what Indian Charlie is doing. His "ridiculous comments" are his eggs that he is trying to force upon us so that we hatch them and raise them so we can keep talking about American Pharaoh and he can strut and preen like a proud mama up and down these Derby Trail pages.

Don't be fooled.

Now get back on the bus....

good lord that bus is garish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
Well, actually (pauses to push nerd glasses up on nose) only about 40 percent of cuckoo species worldwide are brood parasites. The rest do build their own nests.

(pause)

I liked that book.
lol
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 AM
The Curragh

Quote:

(pause)

I liked that book.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Belmont Park

I can certify that the man posting under the name Rollo is indeed the famous notorious and genuine Rollo. Only he would know I cried when Orb lost the Preakness.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I can certify that the man posting under the name Rollo is indeed the famous notorious and genuine Rollo. Only he would know I cried when Orb lost the Preakness.
the viking duke of normandy?! that's awesome!
Old 05-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Perhaps he's possessed by the spirit of PG1985 past?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

(pause)

I liked that book.
I preferred Sometimes a Great Notion.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Sam Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.....but you knew that.
I look at this from a different angle.

Of course a horse doesn't need to be the 2yo champ to win the TC as their have been a number or near misses. However, when a 2yo champ makes it to the Belmont with a shot, they have all proved to be exceptional horses. Those exceptional 2yo champs have a record of 6 wins and 1 loss...that loss being Spectacular Bid.

The other 27 horses that went to Belmont with a shot at the TC that weren't 2yo champs has produced 5 winners, with a number of near misses.

The fact there have only been 7 was surprising to me.

Last edited by LooseOnTheLead : 05-19-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
This entire thread gives me SO MUCH happiness. Freddy, Rollo, BTW, like old times. (You know I cried too, Fred.)
Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Only he would know I cried when Orb lost the Preakness.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
This entire thread gives me SO MUCH happiness. Freddy, Rollo, BTW, like old times. (You know I cried too, Fred.)
I cried too....but I dont know if it was because Orb lost or the fact that I didnt have a dime bet on Oxbow
Old 05-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I cried too....but I dont know if it was because Orb lost or the fact that I didnt have a dime bet on Oxbow
i'd wager it was due to the latter.