Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Nancy Grace

Just curious, does anyone else find this woman as offensive as I do? It's one thing to be opinionated and even sarcastic but this gal comes across just plain mean spirited...then again, maybe it's just me.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Saratoga

She's a genuine witch.

Halloween mask manufacturers would make millions if they could duplicate her wretch face.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Just curious, does anyone else find this woman as offensive as I do? It's one thing to be opinionated and even sarcastic but this gal comes across just plain mean spirited...then again, maybe it's just me.
Mean spirited? That's a compliment..She's a piece of sh.t
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
OK, it's not just me then. I don't mind folks with strong opinions who are direct but she really bugs me.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Dee Tee Stables

can't stand her. she makes me cringe. i don't even like to hear her advertisements on the radio.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Bob, i have a ton of respect for you. We see eye to eye on on political issues in particular. But with all due respect i have to disagree with you here sir. When Nancy Grace was 19 her fiance was murdered. Since then through her work as a prosecutor, and with her show she's been a victim's advocate. I know she comes across hostile, but in my opinion it's because these cases get to her. I think her show does an important job to shed light on both high profile cases, and ones that the media doesn't give enough attention to. So Bob, i think the characterization is unfair, of course i do not know the lady personally, but this is just from what i have seen in the past of her show. As well as what i have read about her, i think she is a caring advocate for victims.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Bob, i have a ton of respect for you. We see eye to eye on on political issues in particular. But with all due respect i have to disagree with you here sir. When Nancy Grace was 19 her fiance was murdered. Since then through her work as a prosecutor, and with her show she's been a victim's advocate. I know she comes across hostile, but in my opinion it's because these cases get to her. I think her show does an important job to shed light on both high profile cases, and ones that the media doesn't give enough attention to. So Bob, i think the characterization is unfair, of course i do not know the lady personally, but this is just from what i have seen in the past of her show. As well as what i have read about her, i think she is a caring advocate for victims.
Being a victom's advocate is admirable and necessary..and I respect/understand what you are saying. But she is in a position that walks a line between being a reporter of facts and an advocate for the victim. In my mind, she is a ratings hound who will say whatever it takes to get ratings. Casey Anthony, based on the the evidence presented, was rightfully found innocent. But Grace's ego and her agenda is too biased to understand that.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Casey Anthony, based on the the evidence presented, was rightfully found innocent.
I laughed.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Keeneland

Can't stand her. She reminds me of Gloria Aldred.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Being a victom's advocate is admirable and necessary..and I respect/understand what you are saying. But she is in a position that walks a line between being a reporter of facts and an advocate for the victim. In my mind, she is a ratings hound who will say whatever it takes to get ratings. Casey Anthony, based on the the evidence presented, was rightfully found innocent. But Grace's ego and her agenda is too biased to understand that.
CA was found Not Guilty which does not neccessarily equate to being found innocent. Sortakinda like OJ.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 07-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quick review of the Casey Anthony saga....

Her kid disappears and she says nothing. A month (as in like 30 friggen days) later the grandma calls police and Casey begins to tell the first in a series of lies regarding her daughter's whereabouts.

First it's this fictitious nanny then it is a fictitious boyfriend in Jacksonville. Then her car smells like something died in it and cadaver dogs key in on it. Then she's borrowing a shovel - as if this skanky whore has ever done any gardening before in her worthless life. Then the child's body is found with traces of duct tape over her mouth.

All the while that her child - that's right HER FUCl<ING CHILD!!!! (who's the father by the way?) - is missing ... she's out whoring it up, and getting tattoo's - and bringing her friggen digiital camera along with her to capture it all.

But no, GBBOB thinks little Caylee ran off into the woods where she put duct tape over her own mouth, hopped in a garbage bag, and suffocated herself.

And - don't give me any of this bullsh!t about how she drowned in a pool on accident and the grandparents tried to cover it up. P. T. Barnum wouldn't even believe people would accept that sh!t.

Oh, and I love how the defense lawyers dressed that baby killing whore Casey up like a Mormon Librarian EVERY. FUCl<ING. DAY. of that trial! And, out of thin air, they accused Casey's father (a cop no less!) and brother of repeatedly raping her over and over - talk about resorting to anything to win!

Anyway, if you're a white hottie in this society, you can get away with anything you want -- just so long as someone doesn't catch you doing it on tape.

If it was a man, black chick, or ugly white chick in Casey's place ... life in prison at best.... and no one would give a flying fucl< about the case either.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
CA was found Not Guilty which does not neccessarily equate to being found innocent. Sortakinda like OJ.
What do you expect from 12 people stupid enough to not figure out a way to get out of jury duty?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post

Her kid disappears and she says nothing. A month (as in like 30 friggen days) later the grandma calls police and Casey begins to tell the first in a series of lies regarding her daughter's whereabouts.

First it's this fictitious nanny then it is a fictitious boyfriend in Jacksonville. Then her car smells like something died in it and cadaver dogs key in on it. Then she's borrowing a shovel - as if this skanky whore has ever done any gardening before in her worthless life. Then the child's body is found with traces of duct tape over her mouth.

All the while that her child - that's right HER FUCl<ING CHILD!!!! (who's the father by the way?) - is missing ... she's out whoring it up, and getting tattoo's - and bringing her friggen digiital camera along with her to capture it all.

But no, GBBOB thinks little Caylee ran off into the woods where she put duct tape over her own mouth, hopped in a garbage bag, and suffocated herself.

And - don't give me any of this bullsh!t about how she drowned in a pool on accident and the grandparents tried to cover it up. P. T. Barnum wouldn't even believe people would accept that sh!t.

Oh, and I love how the defense lawyers dressed that baby killing whore Casey up like a Mormon Librarian EVERY. FUCl<ING. DAY. of that trial! And, out of thin air, they accused Casey's father (a cop no less!) and brother of repeatedly raping her over and over - talk about resorting to anything to win!

Anyway, if you're a white hottie in this society, you can get away with anything you want -- just so long as someone doesn't catch you doing it on tape.

If it was a man, black chick, or ugly white chick in Casey's place ... life in prison at best.... and no one would give a flying fucl< about the case either.
Don't recall Bob ever saying he thought she was innocent, he merely said the state failed to prove their case. Your emotional tirade calling names and acting like you are so outraged aside, the jury had an extremely difficult call and given this was a death penalty case, erred perhaps on the side of caution. There are a huge number of unanswered questions here and that made it difficult to "connect the dots". Absolutely no question that her behavior was the strongest part of the state's case but unless you've sat on a jury in a death penalty case, it seems all to easy to call the jury names. I'm glad I didn't have to give up 6 weeks of my life and then make this decision. I understand the anger because it's horrible that this sweet innocent little girl died before her life hardly began but instead of calling folks names, this is a time to respect the best legal system in the world...best not perfect.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
unless you've sat on a jury in a death penalty case.
I don't believe in the death penalty - for anyone under any circumstances - so that fact alone would have got me DQ'd from the jury.

And if it wasn't a death penalty case - I would have got myself excused some other way. Jury duty is for idiots and suckers.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in the death penalty - for anyone under any circumstances - so that fact alone would have got me DQ'd from the jury.

And if it wasn't a death penalty case - I would have got myself excused some other way. Jury duty is for idiots and suckers.
well, some folks think it's a responsibility of citizenship. Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight, this was an emotional case and most folks believe as you do that the verdict was wrong. I disagree but please don't assume I'm saying I think she was innocent.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:

I agree with you 100% on the death penalty by the way.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Time to re-think my position.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

Did she do it..probably yeah, but did they prove it Mr. Grace, no. Love the passion though
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did she do it..probably yeah, but did they prove it Mr. Grace, no. Love the passion though
An honor if you're confusing me with the former Cubs first-baseman.

Prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? Or prove it as in having the sh!t on video tape because some people don't think a pretty white little whore would ever kill a little child of her own?

Put a man in that position - I'd love to see a man making up lies about how his (former cop) father and brother raped him - sure, the jury would buy that.

If I ever go to trial for anything. I'm dressing like a Mormon on patrol at the Church library - and acusing everyone of raping me.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
An honor if you're confusing me with the former Cubs first-baseman.

Prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? Or prove it as in having the sh!t on video tape because some people don't think a pretty white little whore would ever kill a little child of her own?

Put a man in that position - I'd love to see a man making up lies about how his (former cop) father and brother raped him - sure, the jury would buy that.

If I ever go to trial for anything. I'm dressing like a Mormon on patrol at the Church library - and acusing everyone of raping me.
Two different...well three things if you bring the Cubs into it. This is about Nancy Grace....1) she has an agenda and showing both sides of the story isn't included 2) The DA was horrible 3) THE Cubs still suck