Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
that is because he settled with the family and other circumstances (the deceased walked out in the road where there was no crosswalk)
wasn't the player over the blood alcohol limit? also, it's a law now in most places that if someone calls the cops for a domestic disturbance, the perpetrator has to be arrested, whether the victim wants to press charges or not. but you can tell the cops not to push a murder charge??
no, something fishy there.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
wasn't the player over the blood alcohol limit? also, it's a law now in most places that if someone calls the cops for a domestic disturbance, the perpetrator has to be arrested, whether the victim wants to press charges or not. but you can tell the cops not to push a murder charge??
no, something fishy there.
what if someone calls in a completely bogus domestic disturbance because of malice? someone still has to be arrested?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
what if someone calls in a completely bogus domestic disturbance because of malice? someone still has to be arrested?
perhaps the caller for filing a false report? all i know is they started passing those laws because women would be getting their ass kicked, call the cops, and then say i don't want my sweet hubby going to jail. some couples have files on them inches thick.
matter of fact, another football player just went to court over a domestic disturbance. she called the cops, and then goes to court saying she didn't want him arrested. yeah, that makes sense! a lot of places have started changing domestic dispute laws so that victims can be saved from themselves, not just from their attacker/boyfriend/husband.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/g...portion-070611

Underwood, who was arrested in June following an altercation with his wife in which he allegedly ripped a Super Bowl necklace from her neck and dragged her out of his car, appeared in a Wisconsin courthouse Wednesday with his estranged wife by his side.

"I told police I did not want them to arrest him," Brandie Underwood, 25, said upon leaving the courthouse. "He's never harmed me in any way, shape or form."

"The last thing I wanted was for him to get in trouble," she said while fighting back tears, according to the Press-Gazette.

According to court documents, Underwood was arrested June 16 following a team ceremony at Lambeau Field in which the Packers players were awarded their Super Bowl rings.

Underwood's wife, who filed for divorce in May but continues to live with her husband, told police the couple began arguing in the car on the way home from the event. She claimed Underwood became agitated over the necklace she was wearing that had been awarded to the players' wives.

The 25-year-old defensive back allegedly ripped the necklace from his wife's neck while the two were still sitting inside the car in the driveway of their home. He then allegedly got out of the car, walked over to the passenger side and dragged the mother of his three children from the vehicle before driving off.

Brandie Underwood then called police and her husband was arrested upon his return. Wisconsin state law requires officers to make an arrest in a domestic abuse report if reasonable grounds exist that the abuse occurred and if continued abuse is likely, according to the Press-Gazette.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
perhaps the caller for filing a false report? all i know is they started passing those laws because women would be getting their ass kicked, call the cops, and then say i don't want my sweet hubby going to jail. some couples have files on them inches thick.
matter of fact, another football player just went to court over a domestic disturbance. she called the cops, and then goes to court saying she didn't want him arrested. yeah, that makes sense! a lot of places have started changing domestic dispute laws so that victims can be saved from themselves, not just from their attacker/boyfriend/husband.
I am okay with that. I just dont want the USA to get to a point where anyone can call the cops and to try to get someone else they dont like in trouble.

Example: you dont like someone, so you call the cops and tell them so and so is a drug dealer. so then so and so has the cops show up at their door and their house searched. god forbid they have a joint stashed in the freezer.

I dont think that is right.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I am okay with that. I just dont want the USA to get to a point where anyone can call the cops and to try to get someone else they dont like in trouble.

Example: you dont like someone, so you call the cops and tell them so and so is a drug dealer. so then so and so has the cops show up at their door and their house searched. god forbid they have a joint stashed in the freezer.

I dont think that is right.
i don't think the cops can search a house just based on a call. i have no doubt that the cops have seen and heard everything, including neighbors trying to get the guy across the street in trouble.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Gulfstream Park

Casey is already advertising for a new job!

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>