Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
seconditis

Default French Bug Boy

Anybody know when Julien loses his bug? What are your thoughts when he does? Will he be one of these guys who struggles and takes 5 years to get back to a decent level or has he made enough friends (Biancone) to keep getting good mounts?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Louisiana Downs

Thought I read that he loses it in September. I think Biancone will continue to give him pretty much all his big guns so he should be fine.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

This kid should be really polished he is like 22 or 23 he is the same age as Bejorano. Back in my day I remember when bug boys were 16 and 17. Anybody know the oldest BUG BOY to win the ECLIPSE award?? I think most riders that make it, Nakatani, McCarron, Gomez, P.Val all those guys probally won 1000+ races by the time they were 23.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:44 AM
seconditis

I heard he was older. Much older than some of the younger full blown jockey out there right now (Bejarano). Most jocks start at 1 or 17, what has this guy been doing the last 10 years?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Not even the best bug going...hello, Rosie!

Leparoux definitely impressed me during Derby weekend though. Randall Toups also has been very impressive at Churchill.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Pimlico

I remember hearing that he's losing it in September.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
Not even the best bug going...hello, Rosie!

Leparoux definitely impressed me during Derby weekend though. Randall Toups also has been very impressive at Churchill.

ive always been a big supporter of female jockeys and defended them.........there are good and bad ones just like the guys but she is not in juliens league and doesnt compete against the calibur of riders that he does on a daily basis...........not even close! you can also throw garcias name into the bug mix if you want whos now moved his tack to southern ca but its pretty apparent julien has a very bright future ahead of him. was a pleasure to meet and have ride and win for us last friday@cd. showed alotta poise after a rough start and alotta brains