Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Jerome Park

Default Street Cry ~ Mystery ailment

Sounds pretty serious. Hope he pulls through.

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/new...t-cry/1715207/
Old 09-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
Sounds pretty serious. Hope he pulls through.

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/new...t-cry/1715207/
i read about this yesterday on bloodhorse. seems to me from that story that they were concerned about him covering southern hemisphere mares, so i'm not sure that it's serious health wise, so much as serious to them money wise.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Saratoga

Darley and Godolphin’s leading sire and outstanding Dubai World Cup winner Street Cry dies aged 16
Street Cry, one of the world’s most successful stallions and a cornerstone of Sheikh Mohammed’s racing and breeding operations for the past 14 years, has been put to sleep at the age of 16 after succumbing to complications relating to a neurological condition.

The runaway winner of the Dubai World Cup and Stephen Foster for Godolphin in 2002 was retired to stand at Darley’s Jonabell Farm in Kentucky in 2003 and has been a headline stallion ever since. His first crop included the incomparable Zenyatta and Street Sense – still the only horse to win both the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile and the Kentucky Derby.

Street Cry has made a similar impact in Australia, siring two Caulfield Guineas winners in Long John and Whobegotyou and Emirates Melbourne Cup winner Shocking. In all, Street Cry has sired 15 G1 winners and almost 150 Black type performers worldwide to date.

His legacy as a sire of sires is already well established.Three of his young stallion sons have sired G1 winners.

Sheikh Mohammed’s Bloodstock Advisor John Ferguson said, “Street Cry epitomised everything that Darley and Godolphin aim to achieve – he was bred by Sheikh Mohammed in Ireland, excelled at the very highest level on the racecourse in Dubai and the US, and then became the lynchpin of our stallion operations in both America and Australia. His contribution to the breed has been significant and we have been so fortunate to have him. He will be sorely missed by everyone.”

17 September 2014

http://www.darleyamerica.com/news/pr...september-2014
Old 09-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Havre de Grace

Default RIP

Tis a sad day when Zenyatta's papa is struck down. Thanks for your service to the country.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
Darley and Godolphin’s leading sire and outstanding Dubai World Cup winner Street Cry dies aged 16
Street Cry, one of the world’s most successful stallions and a cornerstone of Sheikh Mohammed’s racing and breeding operations for the past 14 years, has been put to sleep at the age of 16 after succumbing to complications relating to a neurological condition.

The runaway winner of the Dubai World Cup and Stephen Foster for Godolphin in 2002 was retired to stand at Darley’s Jonabell Farm in Kentucky in 2003 and has been a headline stallion ever since. His first crop included the incomparable Zenyatta and Street Sense – still the only horse to win both the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile and the Kentucky Derby.

Street Cry has made a similar impact in Australia, siring two Caulfield Guineas winners in Long John and Whobegotyou and Emirates Melbourne Cup winner Shocking. In all, Street Cry has sired 15 G1 winners and almost 150 Black type performers worldwide to date.

His legacy as a sire of sires is already well established.Three of his young stallion sons have sired G1 winners.

Sheikh Mohammed’s Bloodstock Advisor John Ferguson said, “Street Cry epitomised everything that Darley and Godolphin aim to achieve – he was bred by Sheikh Mohammed in Ireland, excelled at the very highest level on the racecourse in Dubai and the US, and then became the lynchpin of our stallion operations in both America and Australia. His contribution to the breed has been significant and we have been so fortunate to have him. He will be sorely missed by everyone.”

17 September 2014

http://www.darleyamerica.com/news/pr...september-2014
damn
i was afraid that this would be the news when i saw the thread had new posts.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
damn
i was afraid that this would be the news when i saw the thread had new posts.
Indeed.. Too bad you weren't right on your first opinion.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
Indeed.. Too bad you weren't right on your first opinion.
i know it. it just didn't sound too serious from that first report. it's always scary when they neurological, but they just mentioned he might not be able to cover mares.
such a shame.