Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
I doubt he purposely did any of this its fricken horse food

i think he purposely turned away from what he knew full well was going on. but if you want to attempt a defense of the indefensible, go for it.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

That doesn’t jibe with what Richard Baiardi told the Paulick Report. Baiardi, who transports and re-sells horses across the United States, said he had talked with Paragallo about taking the horses but that he picked them up at Center Brook Farm much later than December. “I don’t have the exact date,” he told the Paulick Report as he was driving his van through North Dakota on Friday. “But I can tell you one thing: it wasn’t in December. You can call the horse sale and find out what day they arrived, and that’s the day I picked them up.” Baiardi said he has van logs and other documentation to account for the date he picked the horses up at Center Brook.

When asked later about the discrepancy in dates, Paragallo hedged, saying he couldn’t be certain the horses left his farm in December.

“This kind of neglect doesn’t happen overnight, or in three weeks or even two months. The vet reports shouldn’t have been as bad as they were."
Old 04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i think he purposely turned away from what he knew full well was going on. but if you want to attempt a defense of the indefensible, go for it.
Trust me for 20K a year you can feed 60 horses..Sure they won't be looking like a pletcher at SPA in august but they will be fine.. Ernie can afford 20k
Old 04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Trust me for 20K a year you can feed 60 horses..Sure they won't be looking like a pletcher at SPA in august but they will be fine.. Ernie can afford 20k

the descriptions of the horses in the paulick report, posted above, doesn't describe the horses as being 'fine'. walking skeletons, lice infested. two died that morning...yeah, the picture of health.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
the descriptions of the horses in the paulick report, posted above, doesn't describe the horses as being 'fine'. walking skeletons, lice infested. two died that morning...yeah, the picture of health.
Maybe we should send Cannon Shell to Ernie? Seriously Ernie had no clue it could never be worth the 20k he saved..
Old 04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Maybe we should send Cannon Shell to Ernie? Seriously Ernie had no clue it could never be worth the 20k he saved..

a new low.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
a new low.
I get much worse..
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I get much worse..

that doesn't surprise me at all. anyone who would come on here and defend starving and selling horses to a kill pen could certainly stoop pretty low i'm sure.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
that doesn't surprise me at all. anyone who would come on here and defend starving and selling horses to a kill pen could certainly stoop pretty low i'm sure.
Danzig there is zero chance EP had ANY clue.. If you wish to argue that he should have been more diligent with knowning axactly where his stock was going fine..if you think for a second he thought his stock which he raised raced bred and care for was in squallor you are completely dilussional.. The guy is wealthy clearly the money is completely insiginficant.. he f'd up by not paying closer attention trust me it was completely unintentional!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Danzig there is zero chance EP had ANY clue.. If you wish to argue that he should have been more diligent with knowning axactly where his stock was going fine..if you think for a second he thought his stock which he raised raced bred and care for was in squallor you are completely dilussional.. The guy is wealthy clearly the money is completely insiginficant.. he f'd up by not paying closer attention trust me it was completely unintentional!!!
which makes the fact that these horses were starved that much more reprehensible in my opinion. he's the owner, he's responsible- it's that simple. and i'm far from delusional. the horses were in rotten condition when the driver went to get them, according to the story two were already dead. the dates don't add up, no name for some supposed farm, no number. it's a bs story. paragallo crawfishing on the dates....gimme a break.
and for you to joke that maybe it's a great weight loss system, that's just sick.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
he should have been more diligent with knowning axactly where his stock was going
knowning axactly?

Did 10 Point Move Up steal your login?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
knowning axactly?

Did 10 Point Move Up steal your login?

sapphire maybe?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
sapphire maybe?

I love Saphire with a side of vikes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Flemington

He says it was a home run for his business (to get rid of these horses.) Wouldn't you remember the name of the guy who was doing you a big favor?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
20k would feed 60 horses for a month. Maybe...
Old 04-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
20k would feed 60 horses for a month. Maybe...
Chuck 30 dollars a day to feed a horse........... revisit please
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payson Dave
Can we get ten people on here to donate ten bucks each.... if so I'll match the $100 donation with a $100 donation of my own... If Steve wants to collect/receive the funds we could make it a donation from the "Derby Trail Gang"

http://www.ac4h.com/TBHelpNeeded.htm
I behalf of GMbob and myself I contribute a 1000.00 ..........Bob see you in court..LOL
Old 04-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Chuck 30 dollars a day to feed a horse........... revisit please
horses eat a lot...Your right, it is about $20 a day. Horses eat a lot and hay is outrageously expensive especially in NY
Old 04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
horses eat a lot...Your right, it is about $20 a day. Horses eat a lot and hay is outrageously expensive especially in NY
20 a day is prefection 10 a day is likely...thats 600 a month 7200 a year its a fn joke money wise
Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Belmont Park

They might be yummy.

I don't know, but people in Belgium don't seem to have the same problem we have with it.

Not the starving, lice ridden, tortured part of it - that's completely inexcusable.

But if well cared for, properly fed, then humanely processed -like every other livestock that is packaged in neat little stryofoam containers that none of us give a moments thought to when flung onto the grill...

jus' sayin - don't hate