Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
You are a member of PETA, great, but don't be a wimp. Dirt's gotta go first and foremost as in now. Be replaced by synthetic. Then we'll see where the sport is at and go on from there.

I am looking forward to the Keeneland meet more than Saratoga because they have actually done something to improve safety.
There are plenty of dirt surfaces that are showing better safety stats than poly has ever shown. Wake up and don't get smoozed by a sales pitch.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
I appreciate your wise post suffolk...horse racing is moving ahead to synthetics, thank God. there are always obstructionists with vested interests that are afraid of change so horse racing will eventually overcome those as well. in the mean time, these tragedies continue...but let's cash this ticket...well said friend.
Nothing like cashing in at the grave site is there Sumitas? Exactly what you're doing.

Name the other horses who broke down at Pimilico that meet due to a poor surface. Go ahead. Let's hear it.

And it's still never been settled whether Barbaro was clipped from behind.

Got some poly to sell do you?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Horse racing from the birth of a horse to the death of a horse is not very humane. The good horses are taken care, but are treated like prisoners. Go to any breeding farm and you see a horse in a stall that is like 10x10. The horse it let out for sex and maybe 1 hour of exercise a day in the pasture. The horse is treated like a prisoner. The racing aspect is even worse, you pump the horse full of drugs, barely feed it, put a person on its back and whip it so it can cross the finish line 1st. Horse racing isnt for the horse, it is for a human's pleasure. Everyone on this board love horses and there is no disputing that. However, would some of us still love the horses if there wasnt racing involved. Would we even care about horses if someone didnt introduce us to horse wagering? For me the answer is yes. I struggle with this all the time. If I love something, I want the best for them. I think horses love to race and compete. I really believe there is an inate characteristic in horses to compete. But, I don't think horses appreciate having their testicles cut off, being whipped, being drugged and only eating the amount that keeps them best fit. I would love to see the day where whips are out-lawed in horse racing, I would love to see the day where horses can roam freely in the pasture instead of being locked up in a small stall. Take the money and gambling out of horse racing and we would see how many people trule love horses.
Euro,

And you're the same guy who says you have horses running at Turfway? In this cruel sport? How can you say those things and sleep at night?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 PM
qwertybb

I agree. You would of thought the President died today. No one likes to see tragedy but if your in this sport long enough it will happen. GO FOR WAND was brutal. Jumped and that was it. Still remember the race. Everyone will forget and remember in their own way. Still just another horse that was breed to do what it did best. If your that upset about death send the troops over seas a gift, a card something. To argue about a horse that broke down is astounding to me. I cried when my dog died. I was 12, life goes on. No one did anything wrong. The Jacksons did their best. Trust me there will be more Barbaro's.