Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Santa Anita

Thank you for the detail pgiaco. Hope you have a big day tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
Thank you for the detail pgiaco. Hope you have a big day tomorrow.
Thanks, certainly could use a couple of big runs.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Cannon busting on Scavs are some of my alltime favorite posts, this may be the best yet.

He didn't even have to go to the well and ask if he got lost on the way to the arena.
I was saving that
Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiaco
Here is a perspective from inside the Sciacca barn. I have had horses with Gary since '99 and he is NOT a cheater. The facts of the case are the "investigator" saw a tube and a jug OUTSIDE the stall of a horse he could not identify. He managed to read the minds of Paul Barone and Oscar Deleon (barn foreman) and divine that they milkshaked Storm River Kelly, not give vitamins and electrolytes to a horse that had run the day before (which is routine with Gary). The contents of the jug were never tested and Storm River Kelly was tested NEGATIVE multiple times for CO2 levels. So when did this "milkshaking" occur? Add in the fact that the State Racing and Wagering Board investigators changed their stories multiple times and the whole thing has a ring of BS to it. Gary and Paul spent almost $50k in legal fees fighting this nonsense but NY State being the political black hole that it is, was willing to drag this out until Gary and Paul were broke. They decided to take their punishment now during this uncertain time with NYRA to miss as little racing as possible.
To further this farce the SRWB, in an effort to save face, offered to forget the suspension if Gary fired Paul which he refused to do.
To my knowledge Gary has zero medication positives, so how is he a "cheater"?
While some have pointed out that Gary had a time when he was a 20% trainer it is important to note that Ray Winnick, Klaravich Stables and Sam Morrell were his major clients at the time. Ray and Sam unfortunately passed away and dispersed their stables and Klaravich left for Rick Violette, so the quality of his stock has dropped dramatically accounting for the drop in win percentage. It's difficult to make chicken salad from chicken sh--.
As a small owner, I can't afford to get stuck getting disqualified from a purse, so if I thought my trainer was a cheat I'd be out of the barn in a day.
Thanks for the post. I never thought for a minute that Steve/ Dee Tee would have anything to do with a cheater.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles
He did the same in the NHL. It didn't happen often though, which is why he fought.
104 goals in 1020 games. He wasn't as big as many of the heavyweights (5'10", 205), his advantage was having an extremely hard head, and the courage and ability to not be bothered by being punched in the face.