Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2022, 09:36 AM
Steve Byk

FENWICK back interested..
Old 05-16-2022, 09:37 AM
Steve Byk

Fluid Preakness field right now..

Epicenter (Asmussen)
Secret Oath (Lukas)
Simplification (Sano)
Early Voting (C. Brown)
Creative Minister (McPeek)
Armagnac (Yakteen)
Skippylongstocking (Joseph)
Fenwick (McKathan)
Happy Jack (O'Neill)
Old 05-23-2022, 09:42 AM
Steve Byk

6/11: Belmont Stakes - Belmont (12f)

We the People (Brisset)
Rich Strike (Reed)
Barber Road (Ortiz)
Mo Donegal (Pletcher)
Nest (Pletcher)
Golden Glider (Casse)
Creative Minister (McPeek)
Skippylongstocking (Joseph)

Last edited by Kasept : 06-06-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:01 PM
Keeneland

I saw they took Classic Causeway away from Brian Lynch.

Owners can be so dumb sometimes
Old 05-27-2022, 09:35 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I saw they took Classic Causeway away from Brian Lynch.

Owners can be so dumb sometimes
Crazy. I wonder if they were insisting on following a bad path and Lynch just couldn't abide by it anymore.

If you want to find out about someone, give them a good horse.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:00 PM
Steve Byk

ETHEREAL ROAD out with quarter crack..
Old 06-06-2022, 12:33 PM
Gulfstream Park

Looks more and more like a wire job by We The People...the early voting is in.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:33 AM
Oriental Park

Steve, sorry for your loss. You’ll be in my thoughts.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:44 PM
Keeneland

I feel like the filly has one of the best pedigrees for this race (in my opinion of course). I'm not sure that We The People will get the distance for the win. Anyone else have an opinion regarding the pedigrees? It just always seems like pedigree plays a huge role in this race each year.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:12 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26 View Post
I feel like the filly has one of the best pedigrees for this race (in my opinion of course). I'm not sure that We The People will get the distance for the win. Anyone else have an opinion regarding the pedigrees? It just always seems like pedigree plays a huge role in this race each year.
Lots of Canadian blacktype here:

GOLDEN GLIDER – 3rd dam Passing Mood produced Belmont winner Touch Gold & Canadian Triple Crown winner With Approval

WE THE PEOPLE – by sire of Belmont winner (9f) Tiz The Law, grandson of Tapit; female family produced TC also rans Graeme Hall, Diligence, & Magnum Moon

RICH STRIKE - out of a Canadian champion filly that placed in the Queen’s Plate & had the Rasmussen Factor via Gold Digger (dam of Mr. Prospector); inbred to Smart Strike; sire & grandsire placed in the Belmont

MO DONEGAL - 4th dam produced a Queen’s Plate winner; 2nd dam won the 10f Delaware Hcp

BARBER ROAD – by a son of Tapit

NEST – full brother won 10f Big Cap; 5th dam produced Belmont failure Majestic Prince who sired Bid & Belmont upsetter Coastal, also was the 3rd dam of Belmont failure Real Quiet & 2nd dam of a French Derby winner

CREATIVE MINISTER - deep Winchell family including Untapable, Paddy O’Prado, Olympio, Cuvee, Bien Nicole, & Tapizar; sire was TC-placed & a full borther to Belmont near miss Destin

SKIPPYLONGSTOCKING – far back in the family is turf mares Collect the Cash & Worldly Possession & TC also rans Stately Victor & Dr. Bobby A.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:29 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Steve, sorry for your loss. You’ll be in my thoughts.
Moses.. Thanks very much. He was as wonderful and nurturing a father as a boy, and man, could hope to have. As I wrote publicly, he led a heroic life, ripped from his own fatherless childhood in Austria at 10 (1939) to arrive here with $10 after the Nazis had stolen everything else from him and his mother. My brother and I have been incredibly fortunate to have him remain in our lives 62 and 56 years respectively.

Thanks again. Am thoroughly grateful for the overwhelming messages of support I've received, particularly from listeners who feel like they know him..

SB
Old 06-09-2022, 10:40 AM
Havre de Grace

Hard for most of us to imagine how people endured such hardship. Very sorry for your loss.