Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Les Bois

Default Manduro on course for Deauville

MANDURO ON COURSE FOR DEAUVILLE
By Nick Robson, PA Sport

Manduro, rated by many as the best horse in the world on turf, is likely to have his next start in the Prix Jacques le Marois at Deauville on August 12.

Andre Fabre's five-year-old looked the real deal as he comfortably held off Dylan Thomas in the Prince Of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot, with subsequent Eclipse winner Notnowcato well behind in third.

And even though that performance came over 10 furlongs, connections are contemplating reverting to a mile before maybe even stepping up to a mile and a half for the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at the end of the season.

"We've nothing concrete at the moment. We are still toying with the idea of running him in the Jacques le Marois, but we haven't decided yet," said Paul Harley, racing manager to owner Baron Georg von Ullmann.

"He's very versatile with regard to the ground, so it won't be that which makes up our mind. We've just always had that (the Marois) in the back of our mind as the next race for him and at the present time nothing has changed.

"The Arc at the end of the season is also still on the agenda, but obviously that won't be decided until we see how he performs between now and then.

"If he attempts 12 furlongs the Arc will be the one and only time he attempts it. He certainly didn't look like a non-stayer at Royal Ascot last time, though.

"That was a proper performance from a top-class horse. But we've always known he was very, very good.

"It was a lovely compliment when the connections of Notnowcato stated that they thought our horse was the best 10-furlong horse around.

"It's good for him that he is finally getting the credit he deserves. He's won two Group Ones in a row now after just getting touched off so many times last year."

(Reprinted from the Sporting Life website)

I hope he makes it to the Arc, I'm a big fan of Monsun.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinand
MANDURO ON COURSE FOR DEAUVILLE

I hope he makes it to the Arc,
Hope so too..... he'll have a nice view of Vodka's behind as she soars past him.....
Old 07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Les Bois

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Hope so too..... he'll have a nice view of Vodka's behind as she soars past him.....
Ha! He'll make Vodka look like some cheap gutrot distilled from wood infested with termites!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinand
Ha! He'll make Vodka look like some cheap gutrot distilled from wood infested with termites!
Vodka said to ask you to please NEVER make fun of her name again....
Old 07-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Les Bois

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Vodka said to ask you to please NEVER make fun of her name again....
Okay, I'll make an Absolut promise not too.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:22 AM
The Curragh

I very much doubt he will run in the Arc. His connections have never been keen to run him over 12 furlongs (not this year, anyway)

He hasn't ever looked like the step up in trip will give anymore improvement.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Santa Anita

Depends on the way the Arc is run.If it is run as it usually is, i wouldnt back manduro,but if it is run like last years, he'd win and you know if it was run like last years, they should chance putting George into it! huge surprise if he ran in it but why not,nothing to lose

#Grand
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
Depends on the way the Arc is run.If it is run as it usually is, i wouldnt back manduro,but if it is run like last years, he'd win and you know if it was run like last years, they should chance putting George into it! huge surprise if he ran in it but why not,nothing to lose
George looks more quirky than ever now, and looking back on his run in the Eclipse you would say that 12 furlongs shouldn't be a problem. I certainly won't be backing him again though.

Dylan should win the King George (if the ground remains fast), they have been messing him about at 10 furlongs when, in my opinion he needs every yard of 12.

Authorized is heading for another beating in the Juddmonte....... just give up with him, he's another awful Derby winner.

and now we murderers because we kill time