Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Oaklawn

got it, the bullet shows enough speed to be close and if he is ready then he has a big chance. Thanks for the response, and all the hard work. I know capping all these cards, and doing it well, is a major time commitment.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut

4th Leg Golden Gate race 4 tri key 3 over 4,5,7

#5 Cinderella Liberty - where is Russel Baze? 2nd race off layoff
Baze was involved in a three horse spill last Sunday and banged up his ribs pretty bad, out for at least a week.

Interesting angles in this race... I find it curious that Moger has two horses in this race, he doesn't usually do that, either one will scratch or he's using one for a rabbit - Moger is a very streaky trainer, he's either hot or cold. Another trainer with two horses in this race is Mason and he's more often to do that than Moger. I've been doing really well this GGF season playing the Mason/Rodriguez T/J combo - they've been hitting on some big priced winners the past few months... FYI.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Foal

Default Mag 5

A:4,5,8,10,11,12

B: 1

C:1,4,8,9

D:3,4,5,7

E:1
Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Belmont Park

May be the day to go deep on legs C&D or play a cheap ticket...I'm trying to make a logical case for 3 singles in this M5
Leg A - Barclay Tagg sends a Lael enry that seems to do nothing but put up bullets - if this colt is gate ready, don't really see much of a challenge
Leg B - Chris Clement's Naissance Royale is clearly the class
Leg E- Invasor...C'mon....

Leg C is a tricky downhill OC32k/N1X on the blades. I'm going 5 deep here and using the 1,2,5,7,8 edit 5 scratched add the 9
Leg D - having a tough time with this one - lot of variables in this Clm20k
I'm throwing out the 7, Sweet Merlot as she's looks to be in over her head against this field...the 1 Docalady doesn't really do much to impress..going to toss the rail and the outside and play the 2,3,4,5,6 - Edit 1 scratched for 10 more bucks I'll press the ALL button here

M5 ticket looks like:

60 bucks

Got greedy...should have added Trombetta's entry in the first leg, had it and the 10 but didn't want to spend the 180.00

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 02-03-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Detroit Race Course

GP P6

A/B/C/D choices
2,4/5,6/7
8/4/2,7/3,5
8/2/3,6
2,3/9/1,8/others
1/ /4/7
9/5/3,7/2

making a $472 play on 26 combos.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Del Mar

Wouldn't be shocked if #3 Turks Rebecca springs the upset in the Santa Anita 4th as the longest shot on the board. . .
Old 02-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Delaware Park

Any reason for AQU cancellation mid card.. Usually they give a reason. Hoping no one was seriously injured in the breakdown in the 5th.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Belmont Park

Default Magna 5 Scratches

Leg A - 9 Deans Gael
Leg C - 5 Excessive B&B
Leg D - 1 Docalady
Leg E - 9 Strong Contender
Old 02-03-2007, 02:35 PM
bellsbendboy

Default GP 4

7) Holy Bull BOLD START has the look of live horse after gamely defeating entry level foes off the shelf. His dam Beyered in the mid-nineties and so has three siblings. Kenny fabulous with youngsters, Kent D stays and last Saturday three quarters just fine. Adding 'Showbiz who has been working lights out for clever conditioner as homebred tries to follow in his granddads footsteps.. Go For Gin.

Suwannee Cannot quite comprehend Nottawasaga off at nearly 30-1 in a race she targeted some six months earlier. 700K Keeneland grad, named for Toronto amusement park has always had a spot of class and actually ran a few ticks faster than the Marshua River two races later where Naissance Royale finished a troubled second. Nottawasaga should improve here as handicappers bounce more often than horses and work last Saturday matches up with Invasor's five eights. 'Royale certainly figures for exceptional grass conditioner with the extra real estate a big plus. These two in a strangely weighted event.

Donn Playing this sequence because of the extraordinary hype surrounding Invasor and his vulnerability in this spot. I would have singled Strong Contender but understand he is stranded at a rest area and the trainers cell phone is going dead!! Hesanoldsalt, should he win, would earn more than he has in his entire fifteen race career! Yet the others do not appeal and 'Salt gets nine pounds from a horse that has had one race in the last six months. Not an easy spot in last after winning the Hooper picking up eleven pounds, but now Live Oak homey drops ten on those. A rule of thumb, primitive as it may be says; at nine panels for each pound dropped add one Beyer point. I suspect 'Salt with a new top could get to a 109 or so and that may be enough as Invasor may be fit, but not sharp?

10) While turf to dirt is bunch of baloney Rutledge Cat is doing just that for solid connections. Tale of the Cat sophomore seems to have these over a barrel... but we will add Seaside Links. Casse was able to get this colt bred long on long to win his debut at 4 1/2 panels in June! 100K keeneland grad has faced better and that sure was a confident looking five eights last Friday.
Call it: 6,8,/ 1,3 / 6 / 1,5 Play tomorrow in new orleans. BBB
Old 02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Idlewild Airport

I've always thought that Sam P is a better horse than Scat Daddy. We'll find out today.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
I've always thought that Sam P is a better horse than Scat Daddy. We'll find out today.
Drums of Thunder @ 22-1 is a gift. 6-1 m/l and better that both of the aformentioned, in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis
Drums of Thunder @ 22-1 is a gift. 6-1 m/l and better that both of the aformentioned, in my opinion.
Good call, hope you got the exacta]

Last edited by Kasept : 02-04-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Belmont Park

Thnx. No exacta - I played a 20.00 p/s figuring the no one was catching Nobiz Like Showbiz and the exacta wouldn't payoff with an underlay. place paid 9.40/ show paid 2.60 or something
Old 02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Tropical Park

Default Thanks Agian Steve

Hey Steve,
Thanks Again 218.00 to win. My god I never thought that horse had a chance. You are the freaking man again!!!

Thanks Brotha!!!

Gilbert
Eddie Mush was a degenerate gambler. He was also the biggest loser in the whole world. They called him Mush because everything he touched turned to mush. He would go to the racetrack and the teller would give him his tickets already ripped up."
Old 02-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Narragansett Park

Talking Hals my Hope?

[quote=Kasept]

<$50 P4 Play:

7: 2-8
8: 1-3-6-9
9: 1
10: 2-3-5-7-8

2x4x1x5 = $40

Steve,

I do NOT know what you saw in the 8 in the 10th race, but your rock. Thanks to you I hit the P4 for $447 for a $40 ticket! You are awesome. I played a slightly different ticket than yours but thanks to you I had the 8 in the finale.

Thank God Strong Contender scratched or else you would not have changed your ticket.

HH
Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
The Curragh

Steve, please tell me why you included the 8, Hal's My Hope on your ticket??? I was live with the 9 and 10, and am still in a state of shock. If I were allowed to bet now, knowing that he won, I still probably wouldn't include him in my tickets
Old 02-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Del Mar

Easily the worst beat of my life yesterday. I needed the Zito for pick 3 and pick 4 tickets multiple times. Couldnt believe the pick 4 would have come back $86 for a $2 bet had Zito's horse won. That was preceded by Nobiz like Shobiz, Naisance Royal and Invasor (4/5, 4/5 and 2/5).

I wont say how many times I had the pick 4 because I am still in pain.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:33 AM
The Curragh

Gander, I just looked at the 8's Thorograph sheet again to see if there was something (anything) that I may have missed. In only 1 of his 13 career starts did he run anything that would have been even mildly competitive in this race. I also had the Zito horse, as well as the fast closing 10 (Desormeaux, who's not so perfectly timed moves I had been betting on all day). Mind boggling, and very difficult to let this one go.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
Steve, please tell me why you included the 8, Hal's My Hope on your ticket??? I was live with the 9 and 10, and am still in a state of shock. If I were allowed to bet now, knowing that he won, I still probably wouldn't include him in my tickets
Was looking for a throw-in or two after the Strong Contender scratch as the race seemed like a mess and spreading wider made sense. Had an experience edge and a race fast enough to win 4 or 5 back. Plus, the return of Rivera intrigued me as the horse had shown interest to stay near the lead under him, and that was a quality that figured to be a plus.

Honestly, it was dumb luck as I left the Zito off the ticket because of the 9 post and beyond issues at the trip, and obviously could have been burned by it with a head bob the other way...

I'm really happy for those of you that scored!!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:46 AM
The Curragh

Steve, that was a great addition on your part, he had run 1 competitive # 4 starts back (the only one of his 13 race career), I didn't look at him long enough to notice the jockey switch. It is interesting/ironic that he had the same trip as Mccann's Mojave (with the same devastating result).