Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Keeneland

Default Keeneland Sunday Spot Plays

Race 1- #4 Cruz Bay- was off a beat slow in debut, really got going around the turn while very wide and put in a solid run to finish 4th. Giant rider change to Saez and should’ve gained a lot from debut.

Race 3- #3 Catch a Bid- former Chad Brown runner was okay in first start for Joe Sharp tiring late in listed stake, before debacle last time. Was hung out wide going into first turn and never seemed comfortable. Love the cut back and should get a lot of pace to run at.

Race 7- #6 Oak Hill- was bumped twice at break last time. Got going late but was in and out trying to find a comfortable lane. With a clean break, he wins today.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:09 PM
Keeneland

I feel like everytime I bet Luis Saez I get a Gabriel Saez kind of ride. Premature move for no reason while the two riders that were patient run him down.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:44 PM
Keeneland

Another MENSA ride by Luis Saez in the 2nd. Whipping right handed while horse in on wrong lead and bearing in. Goes left handed, horse responds and he loses by a nose.

Maybe he gets bailed out by stewards, but with my luck I doubt it.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:19 PM
Keeneland

LMAO....why would you go inside?
Old 04-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Havre de Grace

I think when he saw the 5, he knew the 5 was never letting him get out. The kid on the 5 was patient, knowing he only had to worry about the 3, he held position till the 3 committed to the inside, and got the jump on him. He (3)ran well in defeat. Exacta paid huge.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:42 PM
Longchamps

Keenland 4

Going against ward babies is always dumb but taking a shot here on good value play

$20 win 10

GL
Old 04-18-2021, 01:50 PM
Keeneland

Somehow I bet another horse that goes inside. WTF is Adam Beschizza doing? Why try and come up the rail on a 2 year old?

Absolutely snake bitten. Good luck guys. I’ve seen enough for today.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:00 PM
Keeneland

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention I just watched a race at Aqueduct where Benji Hernandez, took such a strong hold of his mount early that his saddle slipped.

I didn’t bet the race but it had me thinking....I bet my hard earned money based on the decision making of guys who probably can’t pass a GED exam.

What a sport!
Old 04-18-2021, 02:37 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Somehow I bet another horse that goes inside. WTF is Adam Beschizza doing? Why try and come up the rail on a 2 year old?

Absolutely snake bitten. Good luck guys. I’ve seen enough for today.
FairGrounds is my home track and this season they had a putrid jockey colony. Geroux OWNED the place before leaving for Oaklawn.

The best (and I use that term very lightly) who remained were Graham, Bridgmohan, Murrill, and your pal Beschizza.
Graham and Murrill I found to be capable, decent riders, but Bridgmohan is past his prime and the others were bush league.

FG is a pretty good track with good quality racing, but the jock colony seems to be dominated by one guy (Albarado for years when he was decent; now Geroux before he splits for OP) and a host of mediocre jocks.
Frustrating