Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Flemington

Default I Have A Dream

Five years ago, a great American Jew, in whose symbolic shadow we now stand, created DerbyTrail. This momentous board came as a great beacon light of hope to millions who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice by censorship and boredom. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of captivity. But five years later, we must face the tragic fact that some are still not free to post whatever he wants to post.

Five years later, the lives of said trolls is still sadly crippled by the manacles of board segregation and the chains of discrimination. Five years later, these trolls live on a lonely island of horsey board poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of intellectual prosperity. Five years later, these Trolls are still languishing in the corners of the Internet society and finds himself an exile in his own land.

So we have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition. In a sense we have come to cash a check. When the architects of this board wrote the magnificent words of the Rules and Guidelines for Threads, they were signing a promissory note to which everyone was to fall heir.

This note was a promise that all trolls would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of having an opinion, posting it for all to see, and trashing the shiot out of any tards who didn't see the humor or wisdom in the post. It is obvious today that DerbyTrail.Com has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as some of the great trolls of our time, like Mortimer, are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, DerbyTrail.com has given some trolls a bad check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this board.

So we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of IP addresses. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind DerbyTrail.com of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of board segregation to the sunlit path of message board justice. Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of the old AOL boards dysfunctional children. Now is the time to lift our community from the quicksands of posting injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.

It would be fatal for DerbyTrail.com to overlook the urgency of the moment and to underestimate the determination of the denied. This shivering winter of the trolls legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating spring of freedom and equality. 2008 is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the trolls needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if DerbyTrail.com returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility at DerbyTrail.com until the troll is granted his citizenship rights.

The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of this board until the bright day of justice emerges. But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. Except for Repent anyway.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into complete spamming and general tardness that even Sumitas and Merasmag would find appalling. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of having a solid post and demonstrating to the world that we belong.

The marvelous militancy which has engulfed the thoroughbred racing message board community must not lead us to distrust of all NYROnline people, for many of our board brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of posting rights, "When will you be satisfied?" we can never be satisfied as long as posters like Mortimer, heavy with interesting and lighthearted topical material, cannot gain lodging in the Paddock forum of DerbyTrail.com. We cannot be satisfied as long as our boards basic mobility isn't stretched from Balletto's herpes infested vagina to Oracle's one tattered old suit. We can never be satisfied as long as a Derby Trailer in Texas cannot read (which is true) and a DT'er in New York City believes he has nothing for which to live (which is also true). No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from from a variety of outposts in horse racings cyber community. Some of you have come from areas where your quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of server collapse. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Go back to Alaska, go back to Florida, go back to California, go back to Kentucky, go back to the slums and ghettos of the 314, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day DerbyTrail.com will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former DT trolls and the sons of former DT'ers will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Canada, which is a cold quasi-American state that is devoid of its own identity and longing for inclusion and acceptacnce, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that mine and Thebby's unborn children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their message board pedigree, but by the quality and content of their posts. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the country of England, where NoChanceToDance's lips are presently dripping with the seed of a Coolmore jockey, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers without being buggered in the ass. I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the new Paddock shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return here, if only briefly. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of DT into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day to post whatever the hell we want about whoever the hell we want.

This will be the day when all of DT's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My board, 'tis of thee, sweet board of liberty, of thee I sing. Board where JustinDew's reputation died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if DT is to be a great board, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of Vermont. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! Jesus, I've lost my notes. What did the dude who's work I'm plagerizing write next. Oh, there it is. What was I saying. Oh, yea. But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of our children, black men and white men, 1/16th Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old board spiritual, "He's done enough!"

From this day forward, grant Mortimer all access. From this day forward, let it be known that the trolls and tards and One-Suits, and Balletto's, and Dixie's, and Repent's, and Mike Hawk's, and whoever the hell else of the world all have the same accesses as the board greats such as DrugS, and DrugS, and DrugS, and sometimes CJ, and DrugS.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Arlington Park

You've brought me to tears.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
top predator.

you have set the bar for 2008, well done los drogas.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Saratoga

You have WAY too much time on your hands.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Coach Pants

Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
The Curragh

DrugS stump speech....an outstanding soliloquy
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Ellis Park

Smoke a joint .......chill out.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Havre de Grace

Eloquently written,Drugs....but alas, a troll is a troll! Mr. Byk's creation should stay unsullied by such bru!tes
Old 01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Eloquently written,Drugs....but alas, a troll is a troll! Mr. Byk's creation should stay unsullied by such bru!tes
No.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
No.
NO...to you!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

As I was going up the stair,
I met a man, who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
Oh, how I wish he'd go away
Old 01-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Arlington Park

it's steve's world, we're all just Guests in it.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Dee Tee Stables

was it all repeat night on tv?

well drugs, if you ever run for prez, you've got the troll vote locked up!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Now that's funny.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Flemington

And here we all thought you were just a pretty face!

!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Del Mar

Please advise when cliff notes come out...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
I have a dream that one day the country of England, where NoChanceToDance's lips are presently dripping with the seed of a Coolmore jockey
I beg your pardon?!

If this is something to do with Mr Fallon, you are very much mistaken. The man deserves to be behind bars in my opinion. Or my general dislike for Godolphin for slowly eliminating the sport of it's much needed competition?

Otherwise, an interesting post, but you have far too much time on your hands.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Thistley Downs

Worthy of Henry David Trolleau.

Trollthello was never this good.

Trolling down memory lane.

I'm trolling the towel in on that one.

I'm still not sure what he said.

I notice similarities to For Whom The Bells Troll.

But perhaps Nerdy Troill should wise up here. Perhaps one Thebby Byk should come down off her carny horse....might be a good idea for Steve to do the same....might be a good idea for all good men to now come to the aid of their party favs.

But none of this will come to pass.

Fine with me.

I've walked off worse places.

I may have said that before.

Yours trolly,
mdf
Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Flemington

I trolly am happy to see post today Morty!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I trolly am happy to see post today Morty!
Thank you so much....6.5 Pies ( Stevie).

Should you see the troll-op ,Thebby......why tell her I said I threw the lillies out and now only display trollips.

I didn't mean that the way True Swine will take it.