Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Look for LEO late at SAR

August 3, race #7. LEO takes the worst of it at 6/5. Prado thinks he's on a bumper cars ride at the state fair in this one. After being squeezed repeatedly through the stretch, he gets out very late and runs on willingly, with minimal urging and gallops out well. Don't think he'll be 6/5 next time.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

What am I supposed to do about the part where LEO sucks up INSIDE with an ABSOLUTELY PERFECT trip until he enters the stretch and lacks room? I mean, damn, Bon Marie did more running (to that point) than LEO.

Even if he gets room, PERFECT TRIP and all, it's doubtful that LEO beats the winner. And, when a BONAFIDE BEST horse that was blocked actually gets up to win a race convincingly, like FANTASTIC SHIRL, the other day, it's kind of hard to take these quasi/pseudo trouble trips seriously.

For a more subtle 'trip' that will probably produce a winner next out, especially at BELMONT, try Manitowish Waters.

P.S. I particulary enjoyed how Kent D, on the 6, after getting blocked as well, and bouncing outside while conceding the race, he effectively stopped riding, gets his horse in gear again when LEO comes out and beats the plug to the wire BY A NOSE.

I've attached the chart for the race.
Attached Images
File Type: gif SAR-08-3-07-R-7.gif (14.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by the_fat_man : 08-03-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
What am I supposed to do about the part where LEO sucks up INSIDE with an ABSOLUTELY PERFECT trip until he enters the stretch and lacks room? I mean, damn, Bon Marie did more running (to that point) than LEO.

Even if he gets room, PERFECT TRIP and all, it's doubtful that LEO beats the winner. And, when a BONAFIDE BEST horse that was blocked actually gets up to win a race convincingly, like FANTASTIC SHIRL, the other day, it's kind of hard to take these quasi/pseudo trouble trips seriously.

For a more subtle 'trip' that will probably produce a winner next out, especially at BELMONT, try Manitowish Waters.

P.S. I particulary enjoyed how Kent D, on the 6, after getting blocked as well, and bouncing outside while conceding the race, he effectively stopped riding, gets his horse in gear again when LEO comes out and beats the plug to the wire BY A NOSE.

You love the suck up angle (See Mohegan Sky). Seems like you prefer to be six wide on the grass, doing all the running as they say? You are right, LEO is a dog. DO NOT bet this horse.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Redboard alert!!!!!! I'm ready, bring it on.

I did well today betting against Leo and I can't wait to again. He didn't have the smoothest of trips, but no way he should have been 6-5 today. He will be short odds again next time, that I'm sure. Godolphin rarely doersn't get bet and this horse seems pretty ordinary to me.
And you make the determination that he is ordinary based on how he didn't enjoy getting repeatedly bumped and sandwiched through the lane today or how he ran on the dirt last time?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuvForPletch
And you make the determination that he is ordinary based on how he didn't enjoy getting repeatedly bumped and sandwiched through the lane today or how he ran on the dirt last time?
He looked ordinary to me as well. That was a rough stretch run and the winner had the least trouble. Leo was, after all, 6/5 and his trip to just above the 1/8 pole was pretty easy. He probably would have beat the winner with clear sailing in the stretch but then again I think Mott's horse may have beat them all without the trouble he had. It's really hard to pull Leo out of there as the sure winner at 6/5 without trip trouble as a few of the other runners had problems as well. As far as bet backs of a beaten 6/5 go, I personally wouldn't get on board at what will surely be another short number. But good luck...
Old 08-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
He looked ordinary to me as well. That was a rough stretch run and the winner had the least trouble. Leo was, after all, 6/5 and his trip to just above the 1/8 pole was pretty easy. He probably would have beat the winner with clear sailing in the stretch but then again I think Mott's horse may have beat them all without the trouble he had. It's really hard to pull Leo out of there as the sure winner at 6/5 without trip trouble as a few of the other runners had problems as well. As far as bet backs of a beaten 6/5 go, I personally wouldn't get on board at what will surely be another short number. But good luck...
I wouldn't bet him at 6/5, but I don't think he'll be 6/5. We've got quite the collection here who feel he is ordinary. Why would he be 6/5 next time?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man

normally I would agree with the way you looked at the trip and most people dont look at it like you do so the obvious trouble is more emphasized and the subtle trips, the tough ones to see, is where you can make some money.

But Leo looked like he had all the horse and if he was switched with Bon Maries trip I think he wins easily. Everyone saw the trouble though and who cares about a 3/5 shot next out.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Sam Houston

Default LEO

Runs today at 12/1 ml with blinkers? Any chance?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Sam Houston

Default LEO

My bad -it's saturday he races again