Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2016, 01:04 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I'm not the expert you guys are but I have seen some horses over the years that go ballad out every time and others that do enough to win. I certainly won't say for a fact that Songbird would run faster if required to because we don't know. It's just my belief that if it was needed, she has more to offer. I stopped using Beyer numbers years ago so I couldn't tell how she compares on that level to others of the past. It's also clear that her competition is garbage and hasn't pushed her to have to run faster. Can't wait til the Distaff to get more answers. My money is on her to win.
She's a flat out freak,nobody can get near her.
Every single time she runs.......the song remains the same.
She's plenty fast,there's no two ways around it.
There's a time and place for speed figs.......but the numbers aren't relevant with this Filly.
If the word fast is used as some kind of measuring stick with Songbird,then look no further than last years 2 Juvy dirt races on BC Saturday @ Keenland......Songbird ran 5 lengths faster than this years Kentucky Derby winner.
Keep an eye on Chad's nice Filly in the Beldame on Saturday......Go for Broke just ran a distant 2nd to Songbird,she might be decent at a price.

Last edited by taxicab : 09-30-2016 at 01:31 AM.