Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
If you believe Paradise Woods ran a faster race then the colt, you believe one of 2 things: the track changed or the time of one if not both of the races are wrong. Perhaps the fig with Paradise Woods is too high? Perhaps a 4 horse loose on the lead race is not a "she is what she is" race, and is misleading? I can go with the colt didn't run a 113 and ran 100.. I cant go with Paradise Woods 1.44.34 is faster then 1.43.54. Perhaps the race to cut loose was the Zenyatta? The problem with cutting the Zenyatta loose is its not unusual for loose speed horses to run their best figs when they have dynamics their own way, which she did. I dont know just an interesting conversation
Its hard to say all the way around.

If you watch all four of those dirt stake races there was one horse who was really finishing and did not look like they were sucking gas at the end and that was the 2yo colt. I thought even Paradise Woods loose on the lead looked like she was getting tired a bit, and I am totally against her basically the next several months.

Elate and Bolt D Oro looked like the best prep winners to me.