Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Oriental Park

Default Good guests? YouBet/TrackNet?

Steve,

Maybe you could get this Ted Mudge on this week to discuss why we should continue to support this sport and his company after hearing that we are all going to lose both NYRA and Socal tracks this coming week if we use Ameritab?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Steve Byk

Default TrackNet's Daruty Tonight

Scott Daruty, CEO of TrackNet, will join us tonight on ATRAB from 6:00-6:15pm...
Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Steve Byk

Tried to get Chuck Champion (YouBet) who was unreachable..

Bennett Liebman of the University of Albany Law School Monday 6-6:30pm..
Old 04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Scott Daruty, CEO of TrackNet, will join us tonight on ATRAB from 6:00-6:15pm...
Steve cornered his ass and he weaseled out.

He's whining about Youbet being the only platform that has TVG exclusive content. That's not up to Youbet, others including Ameritab have chosen to not pay for the TVG exclusive content.

No matter what Daruty thinks, he's not wearing the white hat here.

Once again, the horse player is the one who will suffer.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Jerome Park

Steve should be applauded for getting Scott Daruty on the show.

Personally I believe he was not presenting the entire story, and will comment on it during tomorrow's show, but the simple fact that Mr. Daruty was on ATRAB was terrific and Byk deserves a great deal of credit for that.

This is an extremely complicated issue, and even those of us that have some of the facts don't know everything, and there are many questions that need to be asked.....and honest answers need to follow.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Steve should be applauded for getting Scott Daruty on the show.

Personally I believe he was not presenting the entire story, and will comment on it during tomorrow's show, but the simple fact that Mr. Daruty was on ATRAB was terrific and Byk deserves a great deal of credit for that.

This is an extremely complicated issue, and even those of us that have some of the facts don't know everything, and there are many questions that need to be asked.....and honest answers need to follow.
I agree that Steve deserves applause for a great interview. I also agree that the complete story has not yet been told. What i can't understand is why Chuck Champion from YouBet keeps ducking the show. I think Steve has had him scheduled at least twice before and he canceled at the last minute due to "meetings". He did not take the opportunity to appear on the show today and explain his and YouBet's position on the matter.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Wibber

Default Youbet/TrackNet

Mr. Daruty from TrackNet tap danced around the issue of Youbet customers being able to bet on the Derby. It seemed to me from his "non answer", that as of today Youbet customers will not be able to bet on the Derby. His stated goal of having all ADW companies being able to provide the same signals seems honorable. What is troubling to me is the way TrackNet seems to be strong-arming the competiton. It seems Youbet is being penalized for doing what is best for their customers by obtaining as much content as possible. I've been a member of Youbet for almost five years and have no gripes other than the $46.95 quarterly fee charged. But you get what you pay for and I'm more than pleased with the content they provide as well as the customer service. In the county where I live in central New York there is no OTB. In the past I would travel 40 miles roundtrip to place bets. This year for the Derby if Youbet won't be able to carry Churchill, I'll bet the card at Belmont.