Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Del Mar

Default 49ers release Braylon Edwards...

Sorry no link, I am at work. But he's making $1.6 million this year and caught 15 balls, not a good ROI LOL!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I'd love for the Jets to pick him back up.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
To replace anyone, or to go along with the rest of the cast?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I said the same thing when I read it earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
To replace anyone, or to go along with the rest of the cast?
As an addition to their already sh.tty receiving core. They let him and Cottchery go in the off season and replaced them with Derrick Mason (long gone by now) and Jeremy Kerley.

Viva la Mike Tannenbaum!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
As an addition to their already sh.tty receiving core. They let him and Cottchery go in the off season and replaced them with Derrick Mason (long gone by now) and Jeremy Kerley.

Viva la Mike Tannenbaum!
Are you forgetting about Plax? Obviously there are issues there, not sure who the main culprit is. If I had to guess, I would think that the offensive line's inability to pass block is their biggest problem. Until they address that, it doesn't really matter who they sign at reciever.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Are you forgetting about Plax? Obviously there are issues there, not sure who the main culprit is. If I had to guess, I would think that the offensive line's inability to pass block is their biggest problem. Until they address that, it doesn't really matter who they sign at reciever.
Of course I'm not forgetting Plax. It goes to the point that Tannenbaum doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Why get rid of guys who have been successful in your program for a wild card?

I'm with you in thinking the O-line deserves a lot of the blame. Wayne Hunter sucks, D'Brickashaw has played like sh.it all year and Slauson sucks. Rex is in Sanchez's head so much he doesn't know what to do.

But by getting rid of the guys they did, they broke up a cohesive unit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Of course I'm not forgetting Plax. It goes to the point that Tannenbaum doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Why get rid of guys who have been successful in your program for a wild card?

I'm with you in thinking the O-line deserves a lot of the blame. Wayne Hunter sucks, D'Brickashaw has played like sh.it all year and Slauson sucks. Rex is in Sanchez's head so much he doesn't know what to do.

But by getting rid of the guys they did, they broke up a cohesive unit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The other thing that I couldn't understand is why they abandoned the run. They seemed to be moving the ball well on the ground and just got away from it and it. The game didn't get out of hand until very late, but the play calling was very sketchy before that happened.

I think that Sanchez can be a good QB in the league, but the rest of the team around him is really doing him no favors.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Sorry no link, I am at work. But he's making $1.6 million this year and caught 15 balls, not a good ROI LOL!
49ers waive WR Braylon Edwards

WR Braylon Edwards says he's been waived by the 49ers.

Edwards tweeted a link to his personal website, expressing his support for San Francisco in the playoffs.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ylon-edwards/1
Old 12-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:

Viva la Mike Tannenbaum!
I like Kerley a lot. I think he's going to be an extremely valuable slot/third down guy for years to come, not to mention his punt return ability. Cotchery was on the way down and Mason was worth a shot, it just didn't work.

To me, Plax has been a remarkably efficient red zone receiver. The problem is (a.) he doesn't stretch the field like Braylon did and (b.) he doesn't have the chemistry with Sanchez that Braylon did. We simply lost an entire dimension to our passing game when we let him go, even if we didn't downgrade all that much talent-wise. Santonio has been a major disappointment this season as well.

Plus our moron coordinator calls 67 pass plays in a one-score game when the opponent has proven they can't stop our running game. That's a bigger problem than anything.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I like Kerley a lot. I think he's going to be an extremely valuable slot/third down guy for years to come, not to mention his punt return ability. Cotchery was on the way down and Mason was worth a shot, it just didn't work.

To me, Plax has been a remarkably efficient red zone receiver. The problem is (a.) he doesn't stretch the field like Braylon did and (b.) he doesn't have the chemistry with Sanchez that Braylon did. We simply lost an entire dimension to our passing game when we let him go, even if we didn't downgrade all that much talent-wise. Santonio has been a major disappointment this season as well.

Plus our moron coordinator calls 67 pass plays in a one-score game when the opponent has proven they can't stop our running game. That's a bigger problem than anything.
I hope Kerley turns out to be a good one. It just seems like we downgraded at wide receiver. Cotchery is nothing special, but as you mentioned with Braylon, at least he and Sanchez had some chemistry.

I don't even know what to say about Shottenheimer anymore. I don't know what he's trying to do and I'm not sure he does either.

I also don't think all of the talking Rex does helps. I used to like the bravado, but I'm starting to think it's backfiring. Teams don't need any extra motivation, but when he runs his mouth every week it has to give them a little boost to try and beat them. I know it would if I was playing.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Coach Pants

I thought Braylon was a perfect fit for San Francisco. The city was perfect for his lifestyle.