Old 04-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Oriental Park

Default 2018 Derby Twisters go here . . . See "DERBY WEEK is here again . . ."

This is where you place your:
4a
4b and
4c
whicky whacky picks

And I'll round them all up and add them (hahahahaha) to your points totals !!!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:39 PM
The Curragh

4a...7-11-5-3-16-17-19-6

4b...7-16-6-3

4c...15
Old 05-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Oriental Park

Spent a lot of time worrying about whom to put in 8th position. Don't remember ever having to figure that out before. Then got distracted by trying to figure out the odds of getting the top 8 finishers, but I ran out of places on my calculator. In any event, here goes:

4a: 7,14,11,10,16,9,18,6

4b. 7,14,11,10

4c. 3 (several good candidates for this honor)
Old 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM
The Curragh

Default Frisky Feline Finishers

FRISKY FELINE ABC'S

4-A TOP 8
==========

4-B SUPURRRFECTA
14--16--7--18
==================

4-C LAST PLACE
#8 ~ LONE SAILOR

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com
Old 05-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Randwyck

im confused. yourwhat?
Old 05-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Top 6

Super

Last3-Promises Fullfiled
Old 05-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Del Mar

a. Pick the exact order of the top eight finishers in the Derby (an octafecta) and you get 40 extra points (can you imagine the payout if this was a real bet and you hit it) x8 if it was a real bet
1. 7 - Justify
2. 16 - Magnum Moon
3. 5 - Audible
4. 6 - Good Magic
5. 9 - Hofburg
6. 4 - Flameaway
7. 10 - My Boy Jack
8. 11 - Bolt d'Oro

b. Pick the straight superfecta in the Derby and get 20 extra points
1. 5 – Audible
2. 7 – Justify
3. 18 - Vino Rosso
4. 9 - Hofburg

c. Pick the horse that comes in last in the Derby and you get 10 extra points
20 - Combatant
Old 05-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Oriental Park

EEEEEESSSHHHH, what did I get myself into!!!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Randwyck

I don't care what anyone says including the stewards but me myself and John Velasquez was ripped off today. That cost me a perfect PK3. 14 bumped into 5 because he was ahead. Anyone disagree, agree?
Old 05-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
EEEEEESSSHHHH, what did I get myself into
You're too funny Love you

Try this, score a contest with dead heats, or 1 AND 1A hit the board, and using a score sheet that's glitching.

Hey, drink a nice martini and you'll be just fine. I really appreciate you putting a lot of FUN into this weekend. Great job!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:25 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzan200246 View Post
I don't care what anyone says including the stewards but me myself and John Velasquez was ripped off today. That cost me a perfect PK3. 14 bumped into 5 because he was ahead. Anyone disagree, agree?
I am sincerely sorry your P3 did not win. However, I don't feel there should have been a change in the Oaks. Watching the head-on I don't think it was worthy of a change.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Oriental Park

4a-Octafecta: 7-16-14-5-18-11-18-19

4b-Superfecta: 16-7-5-14

4C-Booby Prize: 3

A little local Fort Worth-Derby connection story here. Ramona Bass Fort Worth elite family "Bass Family" that helped develop much of central downtown Fort Worth is the breeder of Magnum Moon. The Bass family are the de' Medici family of this area, MEGA BUCKS but they put it to good public use in every part of the city . . and there own private developments as well. (Look up de' Medici and you'll understand). But Ramona grew up in California and was led to horse racing by her father who was a breeder. She spent most of her youth at the Santa Anita back side, thus her never ending love for thoroughbreds. They also had money (of course) before she became a Bass but who cares about that kind of money . . . it's a real Fort Worth, Texas connection!!! Do ya'think they have a seat at the Derby??? FUN STUFF.

Anyway there's big press here about her horse Magnum Moon, so I have to play him for sure . . . and BTW he's a pretty darn good one to play and pull for. One last note the firm I am now working for (again) in Fort Worth, has the Bass Family as one of their clients and they have for years. Need I say more?

OK, back to business . . . Who was the knuckle head that came up with these crazy picks deals?!

Last edited by DonGuido : 05-04-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzan200246 View Post
I disagree, sorry Cruz . . .sorry too but it was incidental contact the horse brushed Johnny V's boot (big freaking deal). I think it was sorry of him to make a deal out of it and I love him. Games-man-ship, I guess. Monomonmomonomy won fair and square!!! And in this level of race it has to be BLATANT and it wasn't.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:13 AM
Randwyck

4a-Octafecta: 18-7-4-16-9-11-5-14
4b-Superfecta: 8-7-4-16
4C-Booby Prize: 3
Old 05-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Oriental Park

Well, waddaya know . . . no extra "crazy points" for anyone. Why doesn't that surprise any of us??? Not even the last place horse. Who would have thunk it would be Mendelssohn!?
Old 05-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Well, waddaya know . . . no extra "crazy points" for anyone. Why doesn't that surprise any of us??? Not even the last place horse. Who would have thunk it would be Mendelssohn!?
Poor Mendelssohn really took the worst of it yesterday. He seemed to get mugged from his right side coming out of the gate and then get bumped all over again in the first turn. O'Brien added that he did not seem comfortable with all of the mud that was kicked back into his face. After all of that, I guess that he sort of lost interest. Didn't hear of any injury, although sometimes they are only found after the race. I think we will see him again in the BC Classic.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
A little local Fort Worth-Derby connection story here. Ramona Bass Fort Worth elite family "Bass Family" that helped develop much of central downtown Fort Worth is the breeder of Magnum Moon. The Bass family are the de' Medici family of this area, MEGA BUCKS but they put it to good public use in every part of the city . . and there own private developments as well. (Look up de' Medici and you'll understand). But Ramona grew up in California and was led to horse racing by her father who was a breeder. She spent most of her youth at the Santa Anita back side, thus her never ending love for thoroughbreds. They also had money (of course) before she became a Bass but who cares about that kind of money . . . it's a real Fort Worth, Texas connection!!! Do ya'think they have a seat at the Derby??? FUN STUFF.

Anyway there's big press here about her horse Magnum Moon, so I have to play him for sure . . . and BTW he's a pretty darn good one to play and pull for. One last note the firm I am now working for (again) in Fort Worth, has the Bass Family as one of their clients and they have for years. Need I say more?
Don, you are talking about Fort Worth's equivalent of royalty, the only exception being that royalty might not have as much money. The Bass Brothers did a masterful job as trustees of the Richardson oil fortune and have long had a tradition of civic philanthropic work. Handled a couple of real estate transactions in Tarrant County in the late 70's, and I recall that references to the Bass families' developments came up frequently, always in a positive sense.

Wish that her horse had had a better trip. I thought he was going to do well.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyB View Post
Don, you are talking about Fort Worth's equivalent of royalty, the only exception being that royalty might not have as much money. The Bass Brothers did a masterful job as trustees of the Richardson oil fortune and have long had a tradition of civic philanthropic work. Handled a couple of real estate transactions in Tarrant County in the late 70's, and I recall that references to the Bass families' developments came up frequently, always in a positive sense.

Wish that her horse had had a better trip. I thought he was going to do well.
Yes it was not a good showing. Maybe some of the same luck as Mendelssohn with slop and mud and getting a bad start. He was undefeated until yesterday. We'll see what he does next.

And yes the Bass family has pumped a lot of money into many great causes. The downtown "Sundance Square" area of Fort Worth is what it is(wonderful) because of them, primarily Ed Bass. Although they have realized a nice ROI on it as well. And I'm lucky enough to work there again in a great little city and with the fondly kept moniker "Where The West Begins".

Last edited by DonGuido : 05-06-2018 at 04:23 PM.