Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2021, 02:04 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Belmont Wagers

2 Day Pick 6: The wager will be a 20 cent base and at the current takeout rate of 15%. This is a mandatory payout. The races will be the True North (Friday), Belmont Gold Cup (Friday), New York (Friday), Jaipur (Saturday), Met Mile (Saturday), Belmont Stakes (Saturday)

2 Day Pick 4: The wager will be a $2 base and at the current takeout rate of 24%. The races will be the Belmont Gold Cup (Friday), New York Stakes (Friday), Manhattan (Saturday), Belmont Stakes (Saturday)

New York Stakes-Met Mile Double: The wager will be a $1 base and at the

current takeout rate of 18.5%. The races will be the New York Stakes (Friday), Met Mile(Saturday)

Belmont Gold Cup-Belmont Stakes Double: The wager will be a $1 base and at the current takeout rate of 18.5%. The races will be the Belmont Gold Cup (Friday), Belmont Stakes (Saturday)

Filly & Mare Double: The wager will be a $1 base and at the current takeout rate of 18.5%. The races will be the Bed O’ Roses (Friday), Acorn (Saturday)

Sprint Double: The wager will be a $1 base and at the current takeout rate of 18.5%. The races will be the True North (Friday), Woody Stephens (Saturday)

Interesting stuff for the coming Belmont weekend for those that like the horizontal plays. I generally don't, but even I can be tempted by a double here and there.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:36 PM
Oriental Park

That is a very creative approach by NYRA. I can see a lot of appeal to it. The only potential drawback is that such wagers take the money out of circulation and reduce the "churn" that tracks love so much. It will be interesting to see the handle created by these bets.

Perhaps we could permit a few in our ROI contest on Belmont weekend?? Please...
Old 05-24-2021, 02:49 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyB View Post
That is a very creative approach by NYRA. I can see a lot of appeal to it. The only potential drawback is that such wagers take the money out of circulation and reduce the "churn" that tracks love so much. It will be interesting to see the handle created by these bets.

Perhaps we could permit a few in our ROI contest on Belmont weekend?? Please...
I vote for it. Don't see that it would harm anything, but that's just me. Maybe others wouldn't approve, but at least the 2 day doubles would seem to be acceptable since we play those in both the Derby and the Preakness, I think?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:59 PM
Oriental Park

If RQ has no objection as the ROI scorer, I'm for it. We just need to decide which one of two day couplings we want to include or are thinking we can play any double that's available. I vote for picking one or two possible plays. Again, lets get RQ's feelings on this. If I were to pick one it would be the Belmont Gold Cup (Fri) and Belmont Stakes. After all we're not using real money.

Cal, we have played a double before on Belmont weekend. Not sure we did last year but we have before. I was actually thinking about this over the weekend. Great minds, ya know the rest . . . (yours and JB's anyway)!!!
Old 05-24-2021, 03:50 PM
The Curragh

I have no problem scoring any of those wagers. It sounds like fun and we will have $200 to work with. Still we are limiting the wagers we make to four over 2 days.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:44 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
I have no problem scoring any of those wagers. It sounds like fun and we will have $200 to work with. Still we are limiting the wagers we make to four over 2 days.
Yes four wagers total. Thanks RQ.