Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Del Mar

Default WED - AP Turf Races

Arlington Park

R6 - MSW *1 1/16 Turf

#4 Liscarroll - Looked like a winner in last, but lacked room. 3rd
#9 Brave Ulysses - Robertson having very nice meet to date and pedigree say Yes. 4th
#1 David K - Grey has two solid efforts on the lawn. 1st
#2 Creekman - Coming in with back to back 2nd place finishes and must be used underneath. 2nd

The Play - #4 to win & use #4 1st & 2nd in exotics.

$1 Super $519.50

R8 - Alw 30.5C *1 1/16 Turf

#5 Stormin Eddie - Huge drop and should handle this bunch under Douglas. 1st
#7 Storm Coming - Very dangerous if he can find last year's form.
#4 Meadow Vespers - Great Lakes Downs star brings jock as he tries the turf for the 1st time. 3rd#3 Rey Del Sol - Illinois bred should be competitive versus this company.

The Play - Strong win bet on #5 if 8-5 or better. Also, Storm & Storm Ex Box.

Good Racing Luck

Last edited by Bogey : 06-20-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Hialeah Park

Was hoping to get 2-1 on Stormin Eddie. Was gonna box Holy City with the Stormers. Thinking of adding Alpha Tejano if the odds are right. What don't you like about AT if you dont mind my prying.
Nice break down of the 2 races might I add..
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Was hoping to get 2-1 on Stormin Eddie. Was gonna box Holy City with the Stormers. Thinking of adding Alpha Tejano if the odds are right. What don't you like about AT if you dont mind my prying.
Nice break down of the 2 races might I add..
Declan, I actually figured he would regress from two powerful performance and he was 0 for 6 on the turf. No doubt he was playable and he finished a strong 2nd. Stormin Eddie saved the day just holding him off.

In race 6, I actually played #4 Liscarroll 1st & 2nd in the Super and go figure another 3rd place finish. The Super paid $519.50 for a buck. In addition, I knew the Pletcher horse #10 would be an underlay. I stuck with my guns and took a stand against the #10 because he ran for a tag at Gulfstream. I almost never take a horse than has ran for a tag when they enter a MSW.

Last edited by Bogey : 06-20-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Hialeah Park

Bogey,
Liscaroll paid a nice 4.40 to show though. You didnt box them? Great capping in the 6th nonetheless. Pretty much spot on. I totally agree with you about a horse coming into a MSW off of a tag. Rarely, do you see them excel.
I had the exacta in the 8th for 5$, but I boxed three horses so that kind of hindered the payout.
You seem to have Arl. park pegged. Is that your main track that you devote most of your capping to??
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Bogey,
Liscaroll paid a nice 4.40 to show though. You didnt box them? Great capping in the 6th nonetheless. Pretty much spot on. I totally agree with you about a horse coming into a MSW off of a tag. Rarely, do you see them excel.
I had the exacta in the 8th for 5$, but I boxed three horses so that kind of hindered the payout.
You seem to have Arl. park pegged. Is that your main track that you devote most of your capping to??
Declan, I moved up to the Chicagoland area almost 2yrs ago and I have adopted AP as my main summer track. I've always loved their turf course and consider it the best in the country. Of course, I still like to play all the other tracks especially Churchill and Saratoga. I mainly concentrate on Gulfstream Park during the winter. I'm getting a little more confident with the new poly at AP as well.

Nice job in the 8th.