Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Golden Gate

Default DEL 5th Race the 8

lightly raced, off a layoff, won first time out, first on turf with Wild Event, a frequent first time turf sire.... juicy price in a race fully of what not.....

I/L

Homer Simpson
Old 06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Golden Gate

Default Oh Well...... there's a reason why most people

quit betting 5 furlong turf sprints.... longshot came home, just not mine

I/L

Homer Simpson
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Hialeah Park

Off topic.

In the 8th at Pha, my neighbors in Ocean City have one running. The name is Seek the Truth (5-1 m/l). Their son-in-law (Mark Gory) is the trainer of every horse they have in the stable. If he could only teach his horses to rate... They are all speed demons, who usually get roped in turning for home. I believe, two back, this horse held on for second or third when facing alw. company.This horse has won recently, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to get back to the circle. Today's race is a 25k claimer, at a mile. Look for this horse to lead the pack, and hopefully hold on for second or third. Will be playing WPS but not so heavy on the win. Keyed in tri's and supers in 2nd ,3rd, and 4th spots. Best of Luck to Tom and Sugar Merchant and Mark Gory the trainer
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 06-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Off topic.

In the 8th at Pha, my neighbors in Ocean City have one running. The name is Seek the Truth (5-1 m/l). Their son-in-law (Mark Gory) is the trainer of every horse they have in the stable. If he could only teach his horses to rate... They are all speed demons, who usually get roped in turning for home. I believe, two back, this horse held on for second or third when facing alw. company.This horse has won recently, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to get back to the circle. Today's race is a 25k claimer, at a mile. Look for this horse to lead the pack, and hopefully hold on for second or third. Will be playing WPS but not so heavy on the win. Keyed in tri's and supers in 2nd ,3rd, and 4th spots. Best of Luck to Tom and Sugar Merchant and Mark Gory the trainer
Faced some pressure early, and I knew there was trouble ahead. Dueled with the leaders until the top of the stretch, then hit plywood. I tell my parents all the time, that 6 furlongs would be his ideal distance, but they just dismiss it as jargon. Horse does his best running while free on the lead, hopefully they will realize that this horse is distance challenged and cut him back...Sorry for the misinformation. Next time, always next time.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Golden Gate

Default Hey Dude, the price was right to take a flyer....

No Worries....

I/L

Homer Simpson
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Golden Gate

Default Counting on a big speed duel in the 8th at DEL

Hoping that either the 3 or the 6 are rateable and will pick up at the head of the stretch.....

Homer Simpson
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Hialeah Park

They said the 6 ran second in the Barbaro??? WOW, he didnt even threaten here. He rated, but turning for home, there wasnt anyone catching Rose. We'll get em next time.

- Nathan Israel