Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2021, 03:21 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
I am going to credit Joly with a payout of $68.85. This is according to his guesstimate. I cannot figure out how many winning tickets are in 198
separate tickets. It is beyond my field of expertise and while I can find many wagering calculators I can't find any that break down winning combinations. Anyone who can help it is more than welcome.
No one should object since I still ended up with a losing bet. It is fortunate that if we were to play such a bet at the track, the tote machine would do the calcs for us. If we played online the betting site would do the same. The only message is that if you play a Keeneland pick 5 at your local OTB, don't be too quick to throw your ticket away - it might have a conso payoff.

BTW I rechecked the #'s on my trusty Curta and agree with the $68.85 number. There was only 1 conso in the $27 backup ticket, but enbedded in the 144 separate wagers of the $72 ticket [one of which had all 5 winners] were 10 different wagers that had 4 out of 5 correct. It is axiomatic that if you make multiple selections on a pick 5 or 6 ticket there will invariably be a number of tickets that have 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 6 as the case may be.

Sorry to have put you through this RQ.