Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2021, 03:59 PM
Steve Byk

Default 4/16-17 (OP): Apple Blossom (G1), Oaklawn H. (G2); Rainbow/Miss

Old 04-13-2021, 04:00 PM
Steve Byk

Old 04-13-2021, 06:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Normally, I'd be bored with Monomoy Girl staying in her same division and not taking on the challenge of facing the boys but I think in this case, that would be ducking the competition as Swiss Skydiver is probably better than anything she's face in the Oaklawn Hcp.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-13-2021, 06:53 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Normally, I'd be bored with Monomoy Girl staying in her same division and not taking on the challenge of facing the boys but I think in this case, that would be ducking the competition as Swiss Skydiver is probably better than anything she's face in the Oaklawn Hcp.
Seems like it. The Oaklawn handicap doesn't have any names, but it's a more interesting race than when I first looked at it. The Gulfstream race that Fearless comes out of might be a much stronger race than it looks on paper.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:49 AM
Hawthorne

Why all the love for Letruska.
Isn’t she just the cheap speed Swiss stalks and pounces on top of the stretch and hopes her 4 yo legs out kick MG down the stretch?
Old 04-17-2021, 11:12 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucknut View Post
Why all the love for Letruska.
Isn’t she just the cheap speed Swiss stalks and pounces on top of the stretch and hopes her 4 yo legs out kick MG down the stretch?
I would never call Letruska cheap, but I also think she’s in deep with these two.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:09 PM

Going with Swiss Skydiver. Don't like Cox running a second horse in here.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-17-2021, 06:16 PM
The Curragh

Man Irad is so damn good.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:17 PM

Nice race by both Letruska and Monomoy Girl. Great finish. I thought Monomoy Girl had it easy at the 8th pole but Letruska really fought back nicely and got the win.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:17 PM
Keeneland

Good job by Kenny McPeek having Swiss Skydiver ready
Old 04-17-2021, 06:28 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Good job by Kenny McPeek having Swiss Skydiver ready
I couldn't tell what was Robby Albarado's game plan exactly...

It was either to see how many times he could stop-and-start Swiss Skydiver in a single race or how many different compromised positions he could put her in in a single race.

Or both.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post

It was either to see how many times he could stop-and-start Swiss Skydiver in a single race or how many different compromised positions he could put her in in a single race.

Or both.
I couldn’t believe he asked out of the gate, but hes a horrendous rider so...

Not sure if that was his idea or McPeek’s but it was dumb. Not really sure what he was doing up the backstretch but I’m not sure it mattered. She was bad today
Old 04-17-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Or both.
Had to be both. I haven't paid any attention to riders since the days of McCarron, Pincay, Day, Santos, Delahoussaye, Stevens, and Bailey. I really don't have a clue who 98% of these guys are anymore. I rarely blame a loss on a rider and I won't here but damn, he did the horse no favors at all.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:38 PM
Hawthorne

So much how I drew it up
Track letruska or seize the lead and let them catch you
Monomy has run a 1 1/16 in 145 and no better you rock 142
Catch me
Old 04-17-2021, 06:45 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
She was bad today
No doubt. I think they got a little overzealous after she romped in what amounted to a non-winners of 2 "other than" allowance at Santa Anita last month.

Just because it says "Grade 1" doesn't mean you have to believe it...

To be honest, I figured that was exactly why they went to Santa Anita in the first place...

All is not lost though, since there is still Royal Ascot on the horizon...
Old 04-17-2021, 09:06 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

Or both.
Fortunately for them, she wasn’t winning anyway, but it was just a matter of time before he compromised her chances. They had an out after his post race comments last time. They missed the chance
Old 04-17-2021, 09:19 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Fortunately for them, she wasn’t winning anyway, but it was just a matter of time before he compromised her chances. They had an out after his post race comments last time. They missed the chance
Good point.

I actually was briefly surprised when he retained the mount.

Taking the pulse of the savants that frequent message boards/comments sections a the time, it seemed that most people viewed his comments in light of the draconian whip rules in CA rather than his personal history.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I forgot he put his foot in his mouth after her last. What a moron he is.