Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2020, 11:34 AM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 9/19 @ Woodbine

As of last week we decided that the ROI winner would pick the venue for this coming Saturday but
as Joly so aptly pointed out, "if anything can go wrong, it will". Murphy's Law strikes again as no one
was able to show a profit, let alone cash a ticket. NJ Stinks gave it a ride hitting the first three
legs of a Pick 4 and then getting shut out with 3 horses. Cal tried the exacta trifecta array and picked
the right horses but not the right order. Cruzan waited till the finale and tried to exit a winner
but Last American Exit who rallied from last fell 3/4 of a length short. And so our historically bad
year of capping goes. Cruzan remains the only player to still show a profit. With that being said
and with the clever idea of letting the ROI winner decide Saturday's venue may I suggest Santa
Anita for Saturdays ROI contest. I do not have any insight as to a Points contest yet. Santa Anita
has 5 graded stake races and 5 races with Breeders Cup implications. Please leave any comments
or suggestions on next weeks venue. Following are the unofficial results pending the official sign.

Joly B -$96.00

NJ Stinks -$99.80

Roamin -$100.00

Real Quiet -$100.00

Cal828 -$100.00

Indian Hemp -$100.00

Cruzan -$100.00

Ruffian -$100.00
Old 09-22-2020, 12:08 PM
Oriental Park

Well, I thought that granting the winner of the ROI contest the privilege and responsibility of choosing the next venue was logical. All that education gone to waste. I certainly agree with RQ's assessment that the scheduled races at Santa Anita are by far the best in the country and have significant Breeders' Cup implications. If SA is our choice, we will need to keep a close eye on how the fires in Southern California might impact racing, as the air quality could be a problem. With that caveat, I concur with RQ's recommendation to go to Santa Anita for another ROI only contest so that Plenilune can have more time to get her strength back before the Preakness.

Last edited by JolyB : 09-22-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:09 PM
The Curragh

I spoke with Santa Anita Racing office
*** and they definitely are running on Saturday
and that is my vote to play.

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com
Old 09-22-2020, 02:10 PM
Havre de Grace

Always amazes me with the variety and number of bets we put out there, then we hit nothing, but as RQ said, it's been that type of year. Had hopes of doing better, personally, and maybe that will happen yet, but chances looking not so good.

Santa Anita good for me. I hope.