Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Yes... I thought the lack of talk ..was from signal loss... The great comment that Bill Finley said to Jay...."" It must be your time of the month""!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Del Mar

Come on, let's call it what it is...how about BykGate? Any other suggestions? I don't know about you, but in my dreary existence a little controversy to take the center of attention away for a few minutes is welcome. No one got hurt, we can learn from it, and I'd like to hear it. A good laugh is always needed. You could tell Steve was busting out the last week or so in most of his daily shows. I guess he just needed some home cooking.

Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Look I didn't hear it but everybody has a bad day now and again...He apologized. Move on.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Flemington

Sometimes, the most interesting part of the show is when the music for the anti-slaughterhouse commercial is amazingly upbeat (please leave it alone it's a comedy gem.) However, this was an entertaining show from start to finish. To me the best part was not in that early segment, but was in the later segment with Lauren S...How'd that go Steve? She said "Let me give you a little course," and Steve shot back with "It isn't a course. I DON'T NEED A REFRESHER COURSE!!"

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 04-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Flemington

Far as who has won the Derby from deep, got to give Ferdinand his due mention.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Sometimes, the most interesting part of the show is when the music for the anti-slaughterhouse commercial is amazingly upbeat (please leave it alone it's a comedy gem.) However, this was an entertaining show from start to finish. To me the best part was not in that early segment, but was in the later segment with Lauren S...How'd that go Steve? She said "Let me give you a little course," and Steve shot back with "It isn't a course. I DON'T NEED A REFRESHER COURSE!!"
That was good

It's all about class don't ya know?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Santa Anita

I caught that...that was FUNNY!

I kept thinking that if the radio show was on TV or webcam it would have looked like the old Crossfire show on CNN...
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Churchill Downs

Its monday and time to Renew the Monday Dunkirk Drinking game rules..

Start to the show to 4:15pm... the first person to bring up.."how is dunkirk going to get in the derby""... = One shot !

4:00pm-4:30pm...... If there are Now Three callers with the same question about earnings & dunkirk = One shot & a 12oz Beer.

4:00pm -5:00pm..... If Steve "tries to reason with the callers"" and goes into a Rant ! = One 12oz Long Island Ice tea with a backup shot.

4:00pm- 5:30pm.... If the Rant spills into the 5 o'clock hour and the ""missing weekend of the Magna Five"" comes up = One large glass of Red wine

4:00 -6:00pm......If the POTN calls Out number the Dunkirk calls = One large glass of White wine

6:00pm....(happy hour ) 7:00pm.... Everyone calms down and steve goes on the Dunkirk bandwagon = take one of everything above & wait till 21 hrs later to start the Tuesday Drinking game !!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Its monday and time to Renew the Monday Dunkirk Drinking game rules..

Start to the show to 4:15pm... the first person to bring up.."how is dunkirk going to get in the derby""... = One shot !

4:00pm-4:30pm...... If there are Now Three callers with the same question about earnings & dunkirk = One shot & a 12oz Beer.

4:00pm -5:00pm..... If Steve "tries to reason with the callers"" and goes into a Rant ! = One 12oz Long Island Ice tea with a backup shot.

4:00pm- 5:30pm.... If the Rant spills into the 5 o'clock hour and the ""missing weekend of the Magna Five"" comes up = One large glass of Red wine

4:00 -6:00pm......If the POTN calls Out number the Dunkirk calls = One large glass of White wine

6:00pm....(happy hour ) 7:00pm.... Everyone calms down and steve goes on the Dunkirk bandwagon = take one of everything above & wait till 21 hrs later to start the Tuesday Drinking game !!!
Oh man...my college buddies always warned me not to mix...

And wine in the middle of anything sounds like a bad idea... and only the red wine is worth it...LOL
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM
The Curragh

ahhhhhhhhhhh went to the well on this one today........what a classic

"this..................................DUNKIRK!!!! !!!!!!"

-bt-