Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Idlewild Airport

Default Juv Filly Turf

Can the Euros help me on some of theirs in here? I swear I haven't a clue where to go on this one.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Santa Anita

I think Lillie is O'Briens best chance of a win. She should improve for the step up in trip. i dont know much about Junia Tepzia and I can't even say much about collateral form, but her listed win is rated just 3 pounds shy of Lillie's best.. Elusive Galaxy has already lost to Lillie this year.

#Grand
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
I think Lillie is O'Briens best chance of a win. She should improve for the step up in trip. i dont know much about Junia Tepzia and I can't even say much about collateral form, but her listed win is rated just 3 pounds shy of Lillie's best.. Elusive Galaxy has already lost to Lillie this year.
I was able to watch one of her races, she looked like she's got a nice kick. I'm just not sure what she beat in there.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
Do you think then that Elusive Galaxy might be worth a stab at what might be 4 or 5 times the price since she only lost by a couple? I think her first in NA might increase her price significantly.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Havre de Grace

I think Lillie Langtry is gonna have a hard time quickening in the short stretch, especially with snooze button Murtagh aboard. She was strong when she finally kicked in in the Tattersalls race but she also seemed to have beaten a rather soft bunch that day.

I really wanted to play Hatheer hoping that Rose Catherine would get excluded but she's in and I think they'll ruin each other.

NT
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Del Mar

Tapitsfly.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315
Tapitsfly.
Hockey, you beat me to the punch. Can she sit a nice trip here and be right there to pounce or what?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822
Hockey, you beat me to the punch. Can she sit a nice trip here and be right there to pounce or what?
I think she's obviously a turf horse and I expect her to turn in a career best effort by a lot. We'll see if she's good enough. Also a little interested in Hatheer and Junia Tepzia, but I think she gets bet hard.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315
I think she's obviously a turf horse and I expect her to turn in a career best effort by a lot. We'll see if she's good enough. Also a little interested in Hatheer and Junia Tepzia, but I think she gets bet hard.
she also worked pretty good the other day at Santa Anita, on the lawn. She is a 'use'
Old 11-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
I think Lillie Langtry is gonna have a hard time quickening in the short stretch, especially with snooze button Murtagh aboard. She was strong when she finally kicked in in the Tattersalls race but she also seemed to have beaten a rather soft bunch that day.

I really wanted to play Hatheer hoping that Rose Catherine would get excluded but she's in and I think they'll ruin each other.

NT
One of us is going to be a lot happier than the other because I really, really like her and think the ground will be to her liking.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215

NT
Lillie Langtry really had no late response in the Moyglare Stud. It is interesting that Elusive Galaxy, who finished about two behind her in the Debutante, didn't exactly shine in the Natalma.

By process of elimination, if I like a Euro, it is going to be Junia Tepzia. That said, I'm leaning toward Jungle Tale. If Asmussen didn't think she had a chance in this spot, she most likely would have shown up in the La Senorita.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Fairgrounds

Isn't Junia who threw her rider before her work? I look at that as a negative for some reason. O'Brien is on record as saying the filly is his best chance for a win.